You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that wears the red shirt and wears it with passion and pride.

Not many on here could argue with that although if push came to shove a few might.

My take on it is that once the shirt is on we support them but all said and done we also for the most of us have our favorites.

Be it the King, Rush, the mighty or whoever else but most of us take to certain players.

I always would like to think that anyone who pulls on the shirt gets my support until they prove they do not deserve it.

QUOTE=Unrighteous;1263707]Haven't you seen Jackass? His super power is being able to kick himself in the forehead.

[YOUTUBE]fkLrypjMqnw[/YOUTUBE]

Thats such a wicked superpower!

My top five reds are-1:Steven Gerrard (the captain should be in everyones top 5!) 2:Jamie Carragher (maybe not the most talented player, but consistently hardworking to the very END of every game and a scouser which means a LOT!)

3:Harry Kewell (BEFORE YOU TELL ME he's not a red anymore I know-but he is when fully fit, the greatest Australian player on the planet)

4:Fernando Torres (El Nino could possibly be the greatest striker on the planet right now.....)

5: Pepe Reina (the safest pair of hands Liverpool have had in years).

Too difficult to name just five, as we've got a lot of good lads in the squad.

Carra - One of us

Masch - Just fucking boss

Torres - Torres

Sami - Leg

Xabi - Model pro, all round class act

Pepe - Great keeper, funny guy

Dirk - couldn't ask for a better mentality in a player

Pennant - good attitude and makes me laugh, he's misunderstood

Gerrard - I've warmed to him a lot in the last year or so

In fact, I've got a lot of time for most of the players we have. Robbie Keane will be an instant favourite for me, Ive always liked him anyway.

Couldn`t agree more.

I would add Agger to that list though, and Skrtel.. and Finann.....and Aurelio, and Babel, Yossi.....ah, we just - objectivily seen - have more sympatetic players than other teams.

Carra - heart and soul

Sami - legend

Masch - heart on sleeve

Reina - top keeper, top bloke

Dirk - On the brink of having the season of a lifetime, you watch him go. there will be goals ,assists, skill and graft!

Same for me. The first four took about two seconds to think of. Then it was a tough choice between Dirk, Torres and Gerrard.

Sami - Our very own cyborg

Pepe - Spanish entertainer and all 'round legend

Carra - Takes no shit (see Geoff "the meff" Shreeves interview)

Masch - I don't think I've ever warmed to any player so quickly (Olympics almost made me exclude the fella, but then I thought back to his awesomeness of last year)

Torres - Just amazingly good

Honourable mentions to Gerrard (previous titty lips excepted), Dirk (though he's frustrated me at times), Skrtel (I'm sure I'd be in his black book if I didn't mention him), Agger (just awesome in his first year) and Xabi (sound fella, but I agree we should now sell him).

Amazed how many people DON'T have Carra?? Are you mental or something?

Carra - A proper legend who they'll still talk about when we're all dead and gone.

Masch - For his 80 yard sprints back into position in the 93rd minute of a game we're winning 3-0

Sami - For been Sami.

Kuyt - Can't help but love him and his brilliant attitude.

Pepe - His baldy head