You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dirk Kuyt v Ricardo Quaresma

Guest TK-421

Dirk or Ricardo?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Dirk or Ricardo?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine if this poll was on a universal football forum consisting of fans from around Europe? We would soon lose the most knowledgable fans tag and it would turn into the most deluded.

Friends of mine who support arsenal, spurs and chelsea (don't associate with any manure fans) all have a lot of admiration for kuyt and I know for a fact they would take kuyt first, everyone apart from you and mourinho it seems can see quaresma is a shithouse.

I have gone for Quaresma, he has more to offer than Kuyt who has try his very hardest in each game, its what he is all about, getting the most out of the ability he has. I dont think anyone will dispute that Quaresma has more talent than Dirk. I think if you could put the attitude of Dirk with the ability of Quaresma then you would probably have the best player on the planet.

I think with the right coaching, motivation and attitude then Quaresma would be almost unplayable.

If was asked could I swap Kuyt for Quaresma I would in a flash, If you were to try to sign either of the players right now you would have to pay alot more for Quaresma.

The problem with the question from my point of view is I can't just compare how good they are as footballers.

Quaresma is skillful and quick and as an attacking force is potent, no doubt about it. But I have doubts about how much fight there is in him as a player, how he'd respond to the physical nature of the Premiership and whether when the chips were down whether he'd give his all.

Dirk works his balls off for the team from the first minute to the last, cares passionately about the club and the fans, and seems to be a fantastic bloke off the pitch.

I can't seperate how good a footballer is from how they are as a person. It's why, despite his undoubted talent, I would never want Cristiano Ronaldo to play for us, because he's an utter cunt. I want to be proud of the players as human beings as well as being good footballers.

Working hard seems to be thrown at Dirk as a way to slag him off. It's the minimum I expect from a Liverpool player. I used to get really pissed off at Heskey because his head would drop and he would listlessly move about the place if something didn't come off; not because he wasn't good enough. Dirk gives everything he can for the shirt and for that alone he deserves complete respect from all the fans - regardless of whether or not he's good enough to be in our starting eleven.

I can't say I know everything about Quaresma but I don't know if I could ever be proud that he was a Liverpool player. Which is why I'd choose Dirk over him every single time.

There's a lot more to Dirk than workrate and attitude. With a clear head this season we'll see a lot more of his game intelligence, creativity and goalscoring.

And it's always worth restating that Quaresma has already flopped at a big club and scored less than Dirk last season playing against absolute dross in the Portuguese league.

But hey, he's got nice tanned thighs.

I voted Quaresma. I'm sick and tired of always just going for players because of their bloody workrate. Why is only at liverpool that we're so much more obsessed with workrate than talent. In an ideal world you'd like both but with liverpool its like an obsession to a point where people are preferring workrate over talent. We have enough dogs of war in our team, we need that special talent, someone who can make something out of nothing and Quaresma can do that. I was gutted when garcia left for the same reason, the guy had talent and could make something out of nothing.

I voted Quaresma. I'm sick and tired of always just going for players because of their bloody workrate. Why is only at liverpool that we're so much more obsessed with workrate than talent. In an ideal world you'd like both but with liverpool its like an obsession to a point where people are preferring workrate over talent. We have enough dogs of war in our team, we need that special talent, someone who can make something out of nothing and Quaresma can do that. I was gutted when garcia left for the same reason, the guy had talent and could make something out of nothing.

Do you realise how fucking insulting the term 'dogs of war' is in reference to someone like Kuyt who puts in so much effort for the team?

If you don't rate him as a footballer fair enough. The least he deserves is respect.

Working hard for the team is what EVERY player should be doing, no matter whether they are attacking or defending.

I love how the word pragmatism is used as an insult.

Football is a sport, not war where lives are at risk. While pragmatism is a virtue in life and in war, it isn't that great in Sport unless of course you have a set of players that are shite and the best you can hope for is a draw.

Pragmatism is the opposite of risk and I may be the only on here who thinks this but taking risks in sport in order to win is what makes it exciting....

Who would you rather have? I think it's better to start a new thread than discuss it on the scouting thread.

Bored are we?

4 to one in favour of Dirk and Lfc fans used to be the most knowledgable in the world.

I would have thought the respective transfer fees would have been a good indication of who's the better player

Bored are we?

4 to one in favour of Dirk and Lfc fans used to be the most knowledgable in the world.

I would have thought the respective transfer fees would have been a good indication of who's the better player

So you agree Barry is better than Alonso.