You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Working at hardware store. Pay was alright and the colleagues were nice, but not enough to weigh up all those miserable cunts (customers) complaining about everything and treating you like shit. It amazes me how people can stay in those jobs for several years of their life.

Tell you what always freaked me out.

My current job I'd say is pretty demanding but I'd say I'm decent at it, yet simpler jobs I'm absolutely shit at.

In that HR office job for instance it'd take me ages to count forms and type in the correct numbers on spreadsheets, yet the others, even though they weren't especially bright - could do it with their eyes closed.

Same when I worked in Wilkinsons, you'd see women who could whack prices on stuff at a million miles an hour while still talking to you and not looking at what they were doing, yet if I ever got my hands on a pricing gun, I'd somehow end up with labels on the back of my head.

It once took me two hours to stack a shelf of bogrolls straight - true story.

And on the one occasion I worked in the shop during opening hours, I got bollocked because when a customer asked me where the brush heads were, I said 'by the brushes' and walked off.

I've never had a really shit job. My first job after I turned 16 was in a greenhouse picking cucumbers for a month, it was hot and tiring but I only worked 6-12 and it was well paid. Since then I've worked in a newsagent and supermarket part-time which just served a purpose and now my real job is ace.

Once worked a 4-12pm shift as a Front desk clerk for a hotel. Worst job ever, had to deal with a shit owner who was tighter than the Virgin Mary herself.

The guest were sound though, had a couple of rather fit girls visiting town for a few days, and asked me if myself and a friend wanted to show them around. So, I would come by and pick them up in the morning, and we'd run around town with a mate of mine, and drop them off in the afternoon before my shift, then pick them up again after my shift ended and do the same. The story ends with me banging one of the girls.

The bikers were the best though. We have a very large motorcycle rally in town every year, and one group would always book the whole hotel. I was on my own on my shift after 5, so they would bring me drinks until around 9.

Worst job I've had, but some great times every once in a while.

One of my ancestors was Beethoven's butler. When he resigned Beethoven was most upset and said "You can't leave, you are my inspiration".

He replied "Your inspiration? don't make me laugh. Ha ha ha haaaaaa........ha ha ha haaaaaaaaa....."

I have only ever had one job (last summer) and it was a good job in a seaside shop selling sweets, drinks, ice creams, buckets, spades etc. There is also a pool table and gaming machines. Easy job. I have it again this summer.

Class, sounds almost as good as an open prison.

I have only ever had one job (last summer) and it was a good job in a seaside shop selling sweets, drinks, ice creams, buckets, spades etc. There is also a pool table and gaming machines. Easy job. I have it again this summer.

did you sell george best mugs? :lol: