You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Trek - The Shit, or Just Shit?

madstock

Star Trek  

115 members have voted

1. 1. Star Trek

• Klingon? Klinkers more like it - it is SHIT
    • Full power to.. yeah, whatever - Star Trek is THE SHIT (in a good way)

24 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah suspect it's gonna be shit. They're probably lining up a spin off with the enterprise.

People who hate Picard and hate later Discovery are ripping their dicks off about the first 6 episodes. Say it’s proper Trek, etc. I’ll wait and see, but I am looking forward to it. 

6 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

People who hate Picard and hate later Discovery are ripping their dicks off about the first 6 episodes. Say it’s proper Trek, etc. I’ll wait and see, but I am looking forward to it. 

First six episodes of picard? Is it out?

Was thinking about how bad season 2 was recently actually. I've seen shit telly before but never seen anything which made such little sense. They literally just made if up from scene to scene.

Remember Agnes walking around LA eating car batteries? Or guinan doing force projection? 

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

First six episodes of picard? Is it out?

Was thinking about how bad season 2 was recently actually. I've seen shit telly before but never seen anything which made such little sense. They literally just made if up from scene to scene.

Remember Agnes walking around LA eating car batteries? Or guinan doing force projection? 

Press screeners mate. 

And yeH. S4 of Disco and S2 of Picard were so bad it was like they were trying to fuck people off. They had a space suit in DSC that let particles in that it didn’t recognise, as if a space suit filter scanned a particle, didn’t know what it was and thought… yeah, let that one in. Disgrace. 

My son is just now giving Trek a go by watching Enterprise. He’s actually quite enjoying it which I’m surprised by. I like ENT a lot but Trek has never been his thing. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Press screeners mate. 

And yeH. S4 of Disco and S2 of Picard were so bad it was like they were trying to fuck people off. They had a space suit in DSC that let particles in that it didn’t recognise, as if a space suit filter scanned a particle, didn’t know what it was and thought… yeah, let that one in. Disgrace. 

My son is just now giving Trek a go by watching Enterprise. He’s actually quite enjoying it which I’m surprised by. I like ENT a lot but Trek has never been his thing. 

I think now more than ever, there's scope for shows that show an optimistic view of the future.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

New season of Picard started well.

Gonna watch at lunch time.  From what I've heard it's quite good (but then S1&2 started strongly). Funny that if you basically make TNG S8 people enjoy what they're watching.  Who'd have thought that huh?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pete said:

Gonna watch at lunch time.  From what I've heard it's quite good (but then S1&2 started strongly). Funny that if you basically make TNG S8 people enjoy what they're watching.  Who'd have thought that huh?

It's still pretty clunky but it at least makes sense (so far), A leads to B leads to C, which wasn't always the case with previous seasons. 

Seashells which fix ships via the power of imagination and what not.

37 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

It's still pretty clunky but it at least makes sense (so far), A leads to B leads to C, which wasn't always the case with previous seasons. 

Seashells which fix ships via the power of imagination and what not.

I thought Seashells were used to wipe your arse with?  

(See Demolition Man)

• Haha 1

Really good start, I have a positive feeling about this season. Makes a change from the last season, which was quite possibly the worst season I have ever seen in Star Trek. My word, it was horrendous. Nice to have the TNG crew back to blot out memories of that shit show.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Nailed on Bashir is Raffi's handler.

I don't think so. I think I do know who it is though, and we know this guy is back this season. The clue was in his message to Raffi when he called her a "warrior". I wonder who it could be, hmmm?

• Upvote 1

Well that was much better and feels far more Trek like. Hope it continues on. 

Only one criticism. Why is the aesthetic of new Trek so dark? Do they have no lights on the bridge of the Titan?? 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Pete said:

Well that was much better and feels far more Trek like. Hope it continues on. 

Only one criticism. Why is the aesthetic of new Trek so dark? Do they have no lights on the bridge of the Titan?? 

Yeah, lot of bladerunner hellscapes too.

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah, lot of bladerunner hellscapes too.

Dark dingy cities, clubs, bars, sure why not?  The bridge of a Starship though?? Turn the bloody lights on.  The Enterprise D was lit up like a fucking Christmas tree!

Anyway, definitely a promising start and hearing that theme hit me right in the feels. 

Just when I thought I was out Picard reels me back in. The first two series started brightly then went off the rails. Now we’ve got The Next Generation crew, Space Dock, the callback to the original series films in both the ship exiting Space Dock and the cinematic score, a shitload of intrigue, and Next Gen lettering in the end credits. Please make this series good. 

• Upvote 2

13 hours ago, RedKnight said:

Quite funny that they've jettisoned nearly everything from the first two seasons now, even the credits.

For the better too, it was absolute shite and now it's very promising.

I think that's what happens when you let actors and stars have creative control. Seemingly the only way they could get Stewart onboard was by letting him act out his fantasies around Trump, Brexit, and basically hating the entire concept of Star Trek.

"Okay if I'm back, I want no space ships, no uniforms, no TNG characters and I want the federation to have turned into the Republican party."

What could go wrong.

Once the writers were back in control things could surely only improve. 

12 minutes ago, Pete said:

Indeed.

Not yet showing the weakness of S1&2 (there’s time).  I still want them to turn the bloody lights on. 

Yeah it's not dire like the others so far but it's still got that "dumb" quality that a lot of new star trek seems to have now. There was some dialogue on the bridge of the Titan that I think was supposed to sound scientific. 

I doubt these new shows will be inspiring future generations of nasa engineers. But it is what it is, a bit of fun, hopefully.