You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

RTK - Save Our Soul

RTK

Tonight, we all have a duty.

Do we sit back and accept the way our club is being run, dragged through the mud and splattered all over the front pages of every paper in the country? Do we ignore the LIES spouted by our new owners? Do we sit there in silence and shrug our shoulders at the way Liverpool Football Club's great name is being tarnished by liars like Tom Hicks and George Gillett?

They promised us they would never place the club into debt, and all finance would be secured against their personal assets, not the clubs. THEY LIED.

The promised they would back the manager in the transfer market, even buying him Snoogy Doogy if he wanted. We have spent the same as we do every year. THEY LIED.

They promised to build us the best football stadium in the world. THEY LIED.

Most of all, they promised to act as custodians, and respect the name of Liverpool Football Club, it's history, heritage and traditions. THEY LIED.

We're not happy to sit back and accept all that. We answer back. We make ourselves heard. We let them know exactly how we feel about the events of the past few months. About their failure to follow up the promises made with their PR spin last summer. It's time to ask them the question.

We're supposed to place our trust in the men who thought Klinsmann was qualified enough to take over the reigns at Anfield. A man with no club management experience. A man with no track record of success in management. And all this selected by 2 Americans who confessed themselves just over 6 months ago that they know very little about "soccer". That, as well as the above lies – are you happy for these men to continue running OUR club?

We urge everyone to make their feelings known tonight. And if the person next to you isn't, urge them to join you. We're all in this together. We fight for OUR club. They own the deeds, we own the spirit. You can buy one but not the other. Leave them in no doubt of our thoughts.

No matter where you are in the ground tonight, play your part.

Forget success. Forget the new ground. Forget the supposed Holy Grail of the 19th League title. This is about honour. It's about history, principles, tradition and soul. Liverpool F.C is one of the handful of sporting institutions left in the world that has any soul, and these two 'custodians' are nakedly and shamelessly trying to sell our soul down the Swanee. It's down to ourselves, the ordinary fans, to stand up and be counted tonight and send Hicks and Gillett a message that, even with their communication problems, they can't possibly mishear. Kopites Unite - Save Our Soul

Tune: (with old words -

)

They don't care about Rafa

They don't care about fans

Liverpool Football Club

Is in the wrong hands

Tune: Same as "We're not English We are Scouse"

Get the Yanks out

Get the Yanks out

Get the Yanks out of our club

Tune:

(30 seconds in)

Fuck off Foster

Fuck off Foster

Fuck off Foster

Tune: "We've won it 5 times"

Get out of our club

Get out of our club

You lying bastards

Get out of our club

Tune:

We all hate Yanks and Yanks and Yanks

Yanks and Yanks and Yanks and Yanks

Yanks and Yanks and Yanks

We all fucking hate Yanks…

Tune: I think we all know this one

You're not fit to

You're not fit to

You're not fit to run our club

S.O.S

Tonight, we all have a duty.

Do we sit back and accept the way our club is being run, dragged through the mud and splattered all over the front pages of every paper in the country? Do we ignore the LIES spouted by our new owners? Do we sit there in silence and shrug our shoulders at the way Liverpool Football Club's great name is being tarnished by liars like Tom Hicks and George Gillett?

They promised us they would never place the club into debt, and all finance would be secured against their personal assets, not the clubs. THEY LIED.

The promised they would back the manager in the transfer market, even buying him Snoogy Doogy if he wanted. We have spent the same as we do every year. THEY LIED.

They promised to build us the best football stadium in the world. THEY LIED.

Most of all, they promised to act as custodians, and respect the name of Liverpool Football Club, it's history, heritage and traditions. THEY LIED.

We're not happy to sit back and accept all that. We answer back. We make ourselves heard. We let them know exactly how we feel about the events of the past few months. About their failure to follow up the promises made with their PR spin last summer. It's time to ask them the question.

We're supposed to place our trust in the men who thought Klinsmann was qualified enough to take over the reigns at Anfield. A man with no club management experience. A man with no track record of success in management. And all this selected by 2 Americans who confessed themselves just over 6 months ago that they know very little about "soccer". That, as well as the above lies – are you happy for these men to continue running OUR club?

We urge everyone to make their feelings known tonight. And if the person next to you isn't, urge them to join you. We're all in this together. We fight for OUR club. They own the deeds, we own the spirit. You can buy one but not the other. Leave them in no doubt of our thoughts.

No matter where you are in the ground tonight, play your part.

Forget success. Forget the new ground. Forget the supposed Holy Grail of the 19th League title. This is about honour. It's about history, principles, tradition and soul. Liverpool F.C is one of the handful of sporting institutions left in the world that has any soul, and these two 'custodians' are nakedly and shamelessly trying to sell our soul down the Swanee. It's down to ourselves, the ordinary fans, to stand up and be counted tonight and send Hicks and Gillett a message that, even with their communication problems, they can't possibly mishear. Kopites Unite - Save Our Soul

Tune: (with old words -

)

They don't care about Rafa

They don't care about fans

Liverpool Football Club

Is in the wrong hands

Get the Yanks out

Get the Yanks out

Tune:

(30 seconds in)

Fuck off Foster

Fuck off Foster

Fuck off Foster

Tune: "We've won it 5 times"

Get out of our club

Get out of our club

You lying bastards

Get out of our club

Tune:

Tune: I think we all know this one

You're not fit to

You're not fit to

S.O.S

Do we?

Get the Yanks out

Get the Yanks out

Tune:

]

Embarrassing.

hmmm... i think the term "the yanks" would be ok. Its just a phrase that the 2 american owners are referred by. And i think everybody will understand its only 2 particular Yanks we are referring to

But disregarding the "the" makes a big difference.

That's the crux of it.

I fear RTK has scored an own goal here and it is going to slightly split the fanbase onto this very debate we're having here. Keep it clean and avoid all this nonsense and we can all focus on the main issue.

hmmm... i think the term "the yanks" would be ok. Its just a phrase that the 2 american owners are referred by. And i think everybody will understand its only 2 particular Yanks we are referring to

But disregarding the "the" makes a big difference.

'Yank' itself is slang, only offensive to the thin skinned in my view. Just as I wouldn't be offended if an Australian referred to me as a 'pom', for example.

'Get the Yanks out' is fine in my opinion, as it's specific to the owners.

'We all hate Yanks and Yanks and Yanks' is a whole different kettle of fish. We're basically singing 'we hate Americans'. Surely the last thing we need to be seeing are stories about the xenophobia displayed by Liverpool supporters. Any public and/or media anger will be directed towards us, which in turn will ease the pressure on Hicks and Gillett.

Aye, the anti-Yank stuff is well overboard. I know a few American lads and they're fucking sound. There's a number of American Reds on here too. It's fucking embarrassing. We need to fuck the lying pricks off. They aren't lying pricks because they are American. This could all go tits up, it has the potential to be a political nightmare.

'Yank' itself is slang, only offensive to the thin skinned in my view. Just as I wouldn't be offended if an Australian referred to me as a 'pom', for example.

'Get the Yanks out' is fine in my opinion, as it's specific to the owners.

'We all hate Yanks and Yanks and Yanks' is a whole different kettle of fish. We're basically singing 'we hate Americans'. Surely the last thing we need to be seeing are stories about the xenophobia displayed by Liverpool supporters. Any public and/or media anger will be direct towards us, which in turn will ease the pressure on Hicks and Gillett.

Blob on. We need to keep the press on our side, they've been unduly sympathetic to our cause. Lets not fuck it up.

I feel extremely proud to be a Liverpool fan, more so when in times of despair such as these. The future of our great club is much, much more important than finishing 4th, a new stadium, any player and certainly a bunch of clueless suite wearing muppets.

I have to agree that the anti yank stuff may be slightly uncalled for but if it gets a point across I don;t care.

YNWA my fellow kopites

I'm not to HP with the anti-yank stuff being so generalised. Its also a little bit predictable and I think we're better than that.

I did like the 'Stick ya fucking Klinsman up yer arse' though. That was funny. Sing the managers name EXTRA loud tonight. Anyone know a tune that will go with 'Fuck off back to Texas'?

Aye, the anti-Yank stuff is well overboard. I know a few American lads and they're fucking sound. There's a number of American Reds on here too. It's fucking embarrassing. We need to fuck the lying pricks off. They aren't lying pricks because they are American. This could all go tits up, it has the potential to be a political nightmare.

When we play Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham or West Ham, and The Kop sings, "Shit on the cockneys". Do we all need to turn around and apologise to any friends we have from down south, and state that we don't mean them, just the team we're playing?

Or whatabout "We hate the cockneys" (as heard on the Kop Choir clips) that was sung every time we played a London side? Did we mean we hated everyone from London, even our own fans?

No. It was aimed in the direction of the opposition. It was crystal clear to everybody. Just as it is crystal clear to everyone this time, the opposition are George Gillett and Tom Hicks. The Yanks.

Only one of those songs doesn;t have swearing in it. In terms of press coverage - particularly TV stations playing excerpts of the crowd singing - there'll be hardly any if it's all foul mouthed. There's no benefit to effing and blinding either.

This is football. Football crowds swear.

Setanta will not turn down their microphones because a song has swear words in it.

I wonder what Steven Gerrard would think if we stopped singing his song because of the words it contains.

Everybody seems to be nit picking the slightest things, when we should all be focused on one issue only. Getting "The Yanks" out of our club.

Does everyone on here hate ALL mancs indefinately then?

I know I have met some that are alright and Ricky Hatton seems a fairly decent bloke...

Stop going over the top with all this politically correct bull shit, you've let the governement and media influence you too much!

When we play Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham or West Ham, and The Kop sings, "Shit on the cockneys". Do we all need to turn around and apologise to any friends we have from down south, and state that we don't mean them, just the team we're playing?

Or whatabout "We hate the cockneys" (as heard on the Kop Choir clips) that was sung every time we played a London side? Did we mean we hated everyone from London, even our own fans?

No. It was aimed in the direction of the opposition. It was crystal clear to everybody. Just as it is crystal clear to everyone this time, the opposition are George Gillett and Tom Hicks. The Yanks.

Well said. We will be singing in protest to the two pricks that own our club. It's not our fault that the said two pricks happen to be "Yanks".

Does everyone on here hate ALL mancs indefinately then?

I know I have met some that are alright and Ricky Hatton seems a fairly decent bloke...

Stop going over the top with all this politically correct bull shit, you've let the governement and media influence you too much!

I don't personally but it won't stop me singing the song at the match. This PC world we live in wrecks my fucking head. :wallbutt:

This is football. Football crowds swear.

Setanta will not turn down their microphones because a song has swear words in it.

I wonder what Steven Gerrard would think if we stopped singing his song because of the words it contains.

Everybody seems to be nit picking the slightest things, when we should all be focused on one issue only. Getting "The Yanks" out of our club.

It's not nit picking mate. People don't want the heat to be taken off the real issues and you know that by putting certain language in it can be construed incorrectly and then a needless debate ensues.

There's plenty of ideas out there without resulting to that 'we hate yanks' ditty that you posted. I think RTK needs to be a bit cuter in this. It's an extremely delicate situation, we need vitriol aimed at them yes but with a bit of tact too so the idea doesn't get hijacked. If our own fans pick up on it you can be sure others out there who don't look too favourably on us will love it.

It's not nit picking mate. People don't want the heat to be taken off the real issues and you know that by putting certain language in it can be construed incorrectly and then a needless debate ensues.

There's plenty of ideas out there without resulting to that 'we hate yanks' ditty that you posted. I think RTK needs to be a bit cuter in this. It's an extremely delicate situation, we need vitriol aimed at them yes but with a bit of tact too so the idea doesn't get hijacked. If our own fans pick up on it you can be sure others out there who don't look too favourably on us will love it.

I can see the headline in the papers now:

"RTK GET INTO BED WITH IRAQ"

What exactly can the papers spin about a chant of "we all fucking hate yanks"? It's glaringly obvious to everybody who that chant is directed at. It's staring you right in the face and cannot be spun any other way. Unless of course we do form a friendship with Iraq and RTK are deployed as allies in an attack on New York. Otherwise, the chant is an attack on our owners. Nothing more.