You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

United 93 - 10/10.

Quite possibly, the most heartbreaking last ten minutes if any film I've ever watched.

I still find it extremely difficult to watch any footage of those planes hitting the towers, as it's just absolutely horrible.

Credit to Greengrass for not glamourising anything and just making a bold and ultimately enthralling, emotionally draining film.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Adventureland - Warm, funny and touching coming-of-age story.

9 embarrassing boners out of 10.

I watched that myself last night. I've a major crush on Kristen Stewart now. I winced right the way through Twilight, but she was lovely looking in this.

I'll knock a review together at some point. Couple of others, too.

The Goods (about a week ago): 4/10. Piven could make an evening out with Andrew Lloyd Webber entertaining. But, fuck me, he could not drag this thin above the absolute average.

It gets 2 for Piven and 2 for the Ferrell cameo. Genorous is putting it mildly though.

Inglorious Basterds 8 of of 10 from me. Enjoyed it, very Tarantino in its sadisticness - Pitt putting his finger in Bridget von Hammersmark's bullet wound and the end with Pitt marking Landa were hard to watch. Also loved the Tarantino trade mark stand off in the Operation Kino chapter and the inevitable grisly end between Shosanna and Fredrick Zoller.

Distrcit 9 - hugely enjoyable - 9 out of 10. Can't wait for District 10.

State Of Play - 8/10. Cool popcorn conspiracy. Not too taxing and pretty disposable, but really enjoyable.

I went in my iPod and ordered the telly series from amazon while I was watching it.

The internets! LoLz!

Couple of things; I kept expecting the guy from the Orange advert to tell Ben Affleck he could sort all this shit out with free texts.

The photo of him, Affkeck, with his army buddies is possibly the single worst super-imposed photograph I've ever seen.

Jason Bateman rools.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Was thinking of getting someone else entirely to copy that for me, but wasnt sure it would be decent quality. Deffo worth a go then mate?

Anything with 'R5' in the title is just about as good as a DVD. If you're burning it to disk, make sure the subtitles are hardcoded.

See it in the cinema, though. Worth the money.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You douchebags better be right about Adventureland. I'm err... gearing up to watch it in a ... few hours.

7 hrs, no 4 hrs, no 5 hrs, etc.

I liked it, too. especially the cinematic qualities of the ending. I mean, it is pretty predictable but it conveys all the awkwardness of young love.