You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guillem Ballague's take on Rafa's predicament

1892-LFCWasBorn

Ballague is right what he says.

A quick draft of his interview is that the stories that appeared in the weekends papers about Rafa thinking he is going to get the sack at the end of the season are a load of rubbish and that Schuster has made the best start for Real Madrid in years so there is no way they would replace him.

He went on to say that this story only appeared in the english press and that the spanish papers never picked up on it for a reason.

He made a valid point regards the english media which is since Mourinho left Chelsea the press have turned their attention to Rafa and wont leave him alone until they have got him out of a job.

I posted this link on the 'Injustice' thread and made my point in there., but it is worthy of a thread of it's own, as it could get missed in there.

I wont do a Rash and re-iterate my point again and again on many different threads.

The media are a disgrace but they will be here longer than any other manager, player etc etc.

I blame the transfer window fuck all to write about apart from making up shit about managers to sell tomorrows arse wipe. If it wasn't bad enough you get pricks like Fat Sam joining in. You reap what you sow I'm afraid you fat prick !

To be honest i looked at this without my fans head on and this is what i think

1) G&H have had problems getting the money to do what they wanted to and now think that the risk isnt worth the reward and want to get out ?

2) They wanted to sack Rafa but know that it would be harder to get the price they want the club if they placed it into turmoil this way so they have had to bite the bullet that is why the uncertinty is still going on

3) Because they want to sell they can't increase debt without effecting any deal price so only money from sales can be used to bring in new players plus money that may have been available from the summer i.e the money for Hienze

4) Because they decided to sell they couldnt go ahead with the stadium plans as the new owners wouldnt want to be tied to a project that was not of there choice so they decided the only way they could do this without questions being asked was to say the costs had gone up and go through a pointless exesice of having two new designs drawn up which gave them a couple of months breathing space

5) No desicions will be forth coming on that one until Feb / March as they try to conclude a sale

Well that is my views on it no insider info just looking at what has gone on without me fans head on and with my buisness head on

Anyone else have an opinion ?

1) G&H have had problems getting the money to do what they wanted to and now think that the risk isnt worth the reward and want to get out ?

2) They wanted to sack Rafa but know that it would be harder to get the price they want the club if they placed it into turmoil this way so they have had to bite the bullet that is why the uncertinty is still going on

3) Because they want to sell they can't increase debt without effecting any deal price so only money from sales can be used to bring in new players plus money that may have been available from the summer i.e the money for Hienze

4) Because they decided to sell they couldnt go ahead with the stadium plans as the new owners wouldnt want to be tied to a project that was not of there choice so they decided the only way they could do this without questions being asked was to say the costs had gone up and go through a pointless exesice of having two new designs drawn up which gave them a couple of months breathing space

5) No desicions will be forth coming on that one until Feb / March as they try to conclude a sale

Well that is my views on it no insider info just looking at what has gone on without me fans head on and with my buisness head on

All very good points mate and I hadn't looked at it from that angle... well they have said that the decision on the new stadium will be delivered within the next two weeks, so any delays to that timeframe would fit in nicely with your theories.

Says in the game podcast that all the media's weapons are turned on Rafa and they won't stop till they get him out of a job. Pretty sure that's where I heard it anyway.

Was 'debating' this with a citeh fan this morning. I said the press are making the stuff up about Benitez to hound him out but he was just giving it this the press dont make up such stories.

Like, yeah!

Sounds scarily logical.

Lets hope DIC have a word in the ear of a few banks telling them it would be "unwise" to give those two fight fisted fools the dough.

They've been playing for time ever since the stadium designs came out.

They thought this country was just like the states when it comes to sports where the local council more or less does everything for you.

Poor research on their part.

How the hell these two became millionaires is anybodies guess!

From Wiki:

Knows more than you and any of us on here for that matter. He was the one that tracked the Fernando Torres deal whilst all of the other clueless journo's were spouting shit about the deal being hi-jacked by United and Torres wanting to go to them.

Full of shit, you.

Knows more than you and any of us on here for that matter. He was the one that tracked the Fernando Torres deal whilst all of the other clueless journo's were spouting shit about the deal being hi-jacked by United and Torres wanting to go to them.

Full of shit, you.

Malarkey deary,

you are. He's just the Spanish Sky Bitch.