You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

That fancy new stadium...

dave u

Guest davelfc
think back to the choices we had in front of us when the yanks came in again with the offer to take over our club that was eventually accepted by moores and parry.

why did the sly swines accept an offer from the yanks, who want to put us 700 million in debt compared to a dubai led, cash rich consortium?

we have been led up the stanley park path big time. David Moores went for the best financial package available to him, regardless of our future.

If he loved us like he said he did, why did he not leave a legacy to our team by buying a BIG NAME out of the 80 million he walked away with.

we are goosed now. We have a gang of non-caring, profiteering Yanks at the helm, who have destabilised the best manager we have had for an age, and can not raise the bucks to build our new stadium without hocking the club for the next hundred years.... if this offer was better than the one from dubai, i shudder to think what their plans for the club were.

actually i think we all already know. Their offer give Moores next to nothing, and if he loved the team and club like he said he did, why not give a bit back out of the 80 million, to fund our future, instead of being left hackneyed by a gang of profiteering yanks who have a heart but have none of our soul.

Parry has a lot to answer for. He was instrumental in bringing rafa to us, yet lately has been playing the self-preservation game by not backing him when the whole of our support has done undyingly.

What a rat.

Everyone thought his days were numbered when we had these yank mercenaries take us over, and if his bowing to his new masters, rather than supporting our wishes as supporters of our gaffa, the quicker the spineless no-mark goes the better.

i can not believe we were suckered in to the yanks being our best option for our future. We have been had, Big time.

Parry, go now you leacherous arse-licking get, and David Moores, how the hell do you sleep at night as a red, putting up with the plans of the yank over-lords who you relinquished our behest dynasty.

how do you sleep at night you horrible b******s.

we had a legacy which was not yours to ruin, and yet, you have attempted to anyway.

The only thing that matters is you will not win. We will not let you.

The s**t we have had thrown at us has made our back-bone unbreakable.

George and Tom, get the net fella's, be to our benefit (which you have not proven at all yet) or go away, because we do not need the debt or theoverseas involvement.

do us all a favour and stick to ice-hockey et al, we are LIVERPOOL and you ain't

GO AWAY.

Christ it takes something to beat the usual shit posted on here (on a regular basis) but congratulations, you did it with your first (and I hope last) post.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must have been put on the offal just now:

Liverpool FC issued the following press statement on Sunday night.

A meeting was held this evening involving Tom Hicks, George Gillett, Foster Gillett, Rick Parry and Rafa Benitez which was wide ranging and positive.

The discussions were amicable and constructive. All those present are united in their desire to bring further success to the club.

As this happened to us a few yrs ago ..I seem to rememeber you lot ripping the pis+ constantley ...when FCum was formed you continued taking the pi++

when you sold up to the yanks ,and they gave you the BS about debt free and having cash to blow ..you continued to stick you head in the sand ...

well it gives me great pleasure to say

"TOLD YA SO":lol:

Get Fucked.

As this happened to us a few yrs ago ..I seem to rememeber you lot ripping the pis+ constantley ...when FCum was formed you continued taking the pi++

when you sold up to the yanks ,and they gave you the BS about debt free and having cash to blow ..you continued to stick you head in the sand ...

well it gives me great pleasure to say

"TOLD YA SO":lol:

It gives me great pleasure to say Fuck Off

United fans fought succesfully against the takeover by Murdoch in 98...we protested and opposed the glazer takeover ...liverpool whored themsleves around the world looking for investment..and when they got it you believed evrything they told ya...no dbet/shiny bew stadium/ blah blah blah....they are in it for the money .. at least the united fans were never sold a pup like you lot:tease:

Fuck off.

Yep, just caught it. Waiting for full details. Oh how EVERYONE else must be laughing.

Parry gave the impression it was merely a scaling down, well thats what I thought he meant.

We are making the construction of Wembley Stadium look like a smooth operation!

One of Gillett and Hicks' first acts after their takeover was to commit funds to the club's proposed stadium move.

Those plans suffered a setback today after Rick Parry confirmed they had been forced to abandon their previous design.

Advertisement

Liverpool's chief executive insists this was because of spiralling costs, not due to the 'credit crunch' in America and he sought to reassure fans the club remain confident a new stadium will be delivered on time.

Parry said: "We are now considering two schemes but the stadium will be a 70,000-seater.

"The new stadium will be a significant improvement on the original plans and a slightly downgraded version of the new ones.

"And it will be a massive improvement on where we were 12 months ago, if not quite as dramatic as the plans unveiled in the summer.

"The single tier Kop remains fundamental to the design and we are not expecting any delays - it should be on schedule for 2011."

Both guys who designed 'Parrybowl' and HKS have been invited to submit plans for a new stadium but the criteria is it must cost a lot less then the HKS first design and to be a 70,000 capacity.

Going on what i can gather its fair to say that any new designs will contain less steel and glass and more concrete and will also have a large Kop.

Both guys who designed 'Parrybowl' and HKS have been invited to submit plans for a new stadium but the criteria is it must cost a lot less then the HKS first design and to be a 70,000 capacity.

Going on what i can gather its fair to say that any new designs will contain less steel and glass and more concrete and will also have a large Kop.

Internally, the original plans looked decent providing that a single tier "Kop" stand is incorporated into the design. I really liked the glass facade & the external appearance of the revised plans, but I am disappointed that we are only looking at a 70,000 seater stadium as opposed to a 78,000 seater. I hope the masts are kicked into touch as well.

I reckon we get Tadao Ando to do it.

The only good thing out of all of this is the owners cant afford to sack Rafa, and before everyone gets too excited about what may happen in Jan i reckon we will have a negative net Spend and every possibility that we might lose Javier over it.

Moores has down the river and I am sure most fans would have respect for him if he came clean and admit he's made a mistake rather than supporting the new regime, but by not speaking out he is a bad as they are, very sad indeed.