You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Haye v Mormeck

sir roger

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remmstein, what were the details of that league then? Do you have a link? Maybe we could do a tipping league along those lines...I don't mind running it, could have a sticky thread.....seems like plenty are up for it, I'm sure Kev will be when his happy family event is over. Theres you me, Ian, WATB, MLB, Rog, I expect Doc will be, and Liam and several others....even 10 of us would make it viable. If there is some tipping league blueprint for format and scoring we could use, that would do the job.
I'll see if I can find it as I think they merged it with the 606 forum and it may have been lost, but got a busy day at work so might have to do it this evening or tomorrow.

Actually we may as well work it out ourselves, I think something like:

1 point for making any prediction

5 points for picking a correct winner

10 points for correctly picking a winner on points

20 points for picking the round/split decision winner

25 points for picking a draw

Those are probably a bit unfair but something to work on and improve.

What sort of fights should we be predicting, because I'm not really interested in fringe British Straw-weight fights or something- mostly fights that get a mention here with big names - Hatton, Calzaghe, Mayweather, Cotto, De La Hoya, Hopkins, Haye, Macca, Froch, Khan, Klitschko (V&W), - basically high profile fights...

Guest PaddyBerger15
I'll see if I can find it as I think they merged it with the 606 forum and it may have been lost, but got a busy day at work so might have to do it this evening or tomorrow.

Actually we may as well work it out ourselves, I think something like:

1 point for making any prediction

5 points for picking a correct winner

10 points for correctly picking a winner on points

20 points for picking the round/split decision winner

25 points for picking a draw

Those are probably a bit unfair but something to work on and improve.

What sort of fights should we be predicting, because I'm not really interested in fringe British Straw-weight fights or something- mostly fights that get a mention here with big names - Hatton, Calzaghe, Mayweather, Cotto, De La Hoya, Hopkins, Haye, Macca, Froch, Khan, Klitschko (V&W), - basically high profile fights...

Yeah with some modification we could sort that out for ourselves...thats a pretty good starting point.

As for the fights...its going to be the stuff of recent weeks...no fringe Southern area final eliminators....it will be the fights that ordinarily would get air time on here....as you say, Calzaghe, Hatton, Cotto, B Hop etc etc...and any World title fight that is competitive and has a 'name' involved....I think that would work for most if not all of us.

Sorry GUS, I forgot about you before mate...I think if we started it and announced it, then plenty would join in.

Yeah with some modification we could sort that out for ourselves...thats a pretty good starting point.

As for the fights...its going to be the stuff of recent weeks...no fringe Southern area final eliminators....it will be the fights that ordinarily would get air time on here....as you say, Calzaghe, Hatton, Cotto, B Hop etc etc...and any World title fight that is competitive and has a 'name' involved....I think that would work for most if not all of us.

Sorry GUS, I forgot about you before mate...I think if we started it and announced it, then plenty would join in.

We have to include British Title fights!

There have been some great examples this year, Carl Johanneson vs Michael Gomez being a fine one. Carl Johanneson v Kevin Mitchell is on January 12th and one I'm really looking forward to.

Guest PaddyBerger15
We have to include British Title fights!

There have been some great examples this year, Carl Johanneson vs Michael Gomez being a fine one. Carl Johanneson v Kevin Mitchell is on January 12th and one I'm really looking forward to.

Fair enough Liam, I guess as long as it can be described as meaningful or competitive and it gets shown on ITV,Sky or Shitanta, then its in the league!

• 2 weeks later...
This saturday morning it is Mayorga v. Vargas. On Setanta.

Shit, I thought it was early hours Sunday morning. Thats means I probably wont wake up until the Newcastle game...

Does anybody know if it will actually be live on Setanta this time, and are we starting the league for this fight or waiting for the Hatton fight?

Arseholes, I totally forgot about it last night.

That would have been a good start to the tipping league.

What were the results chaps?

Cintron beat Feliciano and Mayorga decisioned Vargas.

On December 8th we've obviously got Hatton - Mayweather but theres Jeff Lacy v Manfredo on the undercard aswell as Ponce De Leon + Kahn v Earl in England so maybe we could do a test run then, see how many people we get etc and start a proper one from January onwards or something

Cintron beat Feliciano and Mayorga decisioned Vargas.

On December 8th we've obviously got Hatton - Mayweather but theres Jeff Lacy v Manfredo on the undercard aswell as Ponce De Leon + Kahn v Earl in England so maybe we could do a test run then, see how many people we get etc and start a proper one from January onwards or something

Sounds good.

Just as an aside , Cintron broke his hand with his first punch last night it transpires , so may have to re-evaluate the performance.