You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Haye v Mormeck

sir roger

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope you are right Moschops , but that casually carried low left hand worries me if he goes in with the big boys.

I see where you're coming from, but tonight showed he's not as chinny as everyone (me included) thought he was. To be honest, at any other point I'd have been dead sceptical about his chances, but right now the heavies are so completely mediocre, anyone fast, heavy-hitting and with a bit of genuine boxing ability has to have a chance of cleaning up.

Shocking that neither Sky or ITV had tonight's fight though - especially when you think of Skelton/Sprott and all those Fraudley "fights" being televised.

Watch this fight now, it's already finished and Setanta behind as usual. Casamayor was apparently knocked down, barely won a round yet got the decision.

I didnt realise this Casamayor fight isnt live...

The Cotto-Mosley fight is though isnt it???

Doesnt look like it mate, Margarito who's due up next on setanta is already over and Cotto and Mosley are about to go in a bit while setanta are still showing this shite.

Fucks sake, thats ridiculous. I wonder if thats because they lost coverage during the Barrera-Pacman fight. I suppose as it isnt PPV they wont receive any complaints...

Fucks sake, thats ridiculous. I wonder if thats because they lost coverage during the Barrera-Pacman fight. I suppose as it isnt PPV they wont receive any complaints...

Fucking shite in it? Stayed up for fuck all, the whole buzz is its "live". The worst bit is they actually promote it as "live" aswell the cunts, shite pundits and shite coverage.

Wankers

Fucking shite in it? Stayed up for fuck all, the whole buzz is its "live". The worst bit is they actually promote it as "live" aswell the cunts, shite pundits and shite coverage.

Wankers

This will explain why the fuckers arent charging us for the fight. Id rather pay and watch it live! I wont be staying up for another "Live" Setanta fight thats for sure!

Please tell me Magarito's fight was short...

Haha you got lucky mate Tony banged him out in the 1st.

Yes!

ESPN have a live scorecard going for the main event and it hasnt started yet on there. Hopefully we actually see it live...

Its a shame Sky dont still show the big fights live. They did the best coverage hands down. Im just glad the Hatton fight is on Sky, its just a shame Paul Dempsey wont be main pundit.

Yeah sky's coverage is top class.

Anyway im off to bed, if it's not live I might aswell watch it when im not fucked tomorrow or something. Night mate

Not a bad fight. I went and fell asleep for the final 3 rounds though... Without the live buzz its impossible to last 12 rounds at 4.30am!

Guest PaddyBerger15
Was quality that, Mosley threw everything he had at Cotto but he just kept walking through them and firing off his own shots.

Dont think anyone will be wanting to face him now.

Worth watching then Chris? How did Cotto look at 147? Strong?

Guest PaddyBerger15
You cant beat Barry. He was always on the panel on Sky with Paul Dempsey and they built up the pre fight atmosphere and tension brilliantly. Something Setanta could learn from. Bunce is poor and I even think Richie Woodhall is embarrased sat beside him. He was equally shite on the BBC.

Spot on that Liam.

Dempsey and McGuigan in the studio with Jim Watt.... and Darke and McCrory at ringside...that was the dream ticket.

Johnny Nelson is pretty good as a pundit.....whereas Nicky Piper is a fat headed chopper who gets on my pip.

What the hell has happened to Paul Dempsey? he used to anchor Sky Boxing coverage brilliantly.

Richie Woodhall isn't a bad pundit either, I could listen to him talk all night about boxing...always liked Richie as a fighter and a fella.

Guest PaddyBerger15
Very good fight. Mosley put up a better fight than I ecpected but Cotto is class. Can take it and give it out.

Thanks for that GUS. I always suspected that Cotto would be at his best at 147....he might have a move to 154 in him eventually.

It looks like he is still growing...and that body attack is brutal when he gets it right. As we said last night, Hatton should avoid him at all costs at 147.

Spot on that Liam.

Dempsey and McGuigan in the studio with Jim Watt.... and Darke and McCrory at ringside...that was the dream ticket.

Johnny Nelson is pretty good as a pundit.....whereas Nicky Piper is a fat headed chopper who gets on my pip.

What the hell has happened to Paul Dempsey? he used to anchor Sky Boxing coverage brilliantly.

Richie Woodhall isn't a bad pundit either, I could listen to him talk all night about boxing...always liked Richie as a fighter and a fella.

Paul Dempsey covers boxing on Setanta now. I was at the Calzaghe fight and saw Dempsey in the studio there. Dont know why he wasnt covering the boxing last night.

Has McGuigan appeared on Setanta yet? Im sure I read that he works for Setanta now...

Worth watching then Chris? How did Cotto look at 147? Strong?

Yeah defo worth a watch. He looked good, showed a great left jab, got rid of any doubts about his chin and looked strong. He boxed really well. Didn't really hurt Mosley but then thats easier said than done against someone who's never been stopped before. Had Cotto taking the 1st, Mosley 2nd, 3rd then Cotto took over from then until Mosley come back with a couple at the end.

On a different note it was great to see both fighters completely respectful to eachother before and after the fight, no showboating etc

Guest PaddyBerger15
Yeah defo worth a watch. He looked good, showed a great left jab, got rid of any doubts about his chin and looked strong. He boxed really well. Didn't really hurt Mosley but then thats easier said than done against someone who's never been stopped before. Had Cotto taking the 1st, Mosley 2nd, 3rd then Cotto took over from then until Mosley come back with a couple at the end.

On a different note it was great to see both fighters completely respectful to eachother before and after the fight, no showboating etc

Cheers Chris, sounds well worth a viewing then. Like you say, its good when 2 fighters know how to behave and conduct themselves. Shane is a good guy and if his influence rubs off on younger fighters like Cotto, then that is just as important as his legacy in the ring.

You are TLW's Harry Carpenter now!