You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

19 minutes ago, Remmie said:

This forum occasionally exhibits a strange phenomenon to me of Scousers really enjoying listing the districts of the city. The only other people that seem to do that is Yanks

Stringvest has a pure Scouse accent. it's poetic and how it should be. 

17 hours ago, Harry Squatter said:

There's also a hierarchy of scouse areas that makes you hard. 

Park Road, Toxteth

Norris Green

Croxteth

Dingle

Everton

Anfield 

Scotty Road

Kensington 

Huyton 

Kirkby 

Bootle

Stockbridge Village (Canny Farm) are all areas of ESD potential but are let down bu them being in Knowsley and Sefton.

Even if live there you never go out and hide behind your sofa every night you can travel to a less scouse/hard area and make out you are Lenny McLean to unsuspecting wet wipes from other places.

When we moved to Runcorn New town in 1976 I was talking to this kid and his mother and she asked where in Liverpool we had moved from and I said Waterloo. She said "oooh its posh there".......I guess it was compared to some places. 

12 hours ago, sir roger said:

I'm sure the Eden Vale must have been mentioned in the 'worst pubs' thread at some point.

Cousin had relations live on Hereford Drive on Dodge during the 70's and it was a tad grim when we visited.

Never been in the pub but played against their footy team a few times. They played at the Netherton Activity Centre where the footy pitches face the pub. 

Playing against them was hard enough as they were a good team with lots of decent players but they had the locals and the regulars from the pub on the sideline to intimidate you. 

I played up from but felt more like an American football player as each time I was passed the ball I was cleaned out by one or two of their defenders. The referee was too scared to book any of them because of the entourage on the sideline. All drinking heavily and smoking weed for a 10.30 am Sunday kick off.

Finally got given a penalty after being dragged back by their last man who obviously never got a red card. Our usual penalty taker bottled it after getting told he'd get battered if he scored. They were also about 5 up at this point. 

Highlight of the game was our right back having to wear shorts that had shrunk in the wash and made him run like he was in desperate need for a shit. One of their crowd swigging a bottle of Vodka shouted "state of this cunt running in his Mario Kempes shorts". 

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, redinblack said:

When we moved to Runcorn New town in 1976 I was talking to this kid and his mother and she asked where in Liverpool we had moved from and I said Waterloo. She said "oooh its posh there".......I guess it was compared to some places. 

It was deemed posh years ago. Mainly because of the beach and people going there for days out etc. 

My mum and dad moved there in the early seventies from Anfield and everyone was going on about how posh it was. Waterloo is OK but South Road at the weekend is like the wild west.

5 minutes ago, Harry Squatter said:

It was deemed posh years ago. Mainly because of the beach and people going there for days out etc. 

My mum and dad moved there in the early seventies from Anfield and everyone was going on about how posh it was. Waterloo is OK but South Road at the weekend is like the wild west.

Yes my sister has moved back to Blundellsands just recently so I have sampled the delights of South Road when visiting. I'll be swerving it going forward.

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

Yes my sister has moved back to Blundellsands just recently so I have sampled the delights of South Road when visiting. I'll be swerving it going forward.

Just go the Volley and have a scran in Tapas Tapas but yeah swerve the rest. The Nepalese is decent as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, redinblack said:

Yes. It's grim. Basically everyone from Thornton, Netherton, Seaforth and Bootle all converge there now. Loads of coked up knobheads looking for aggro. 

There's a few decent bars and places to eat that opened on College Road, Liverpool Road and Coronation Road. Unfortunately Crosby Village is still dead.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kepler-186 said:

Just go the Volley and have a scran in Tapas Tapas but yeah swerve the rest. The Nepalese is decent as well. 

The Volley is still great we went there, my eldest brother used to do his underage drinking there because my Dad only did the pubs round South Road - The Alex, The Raven - and didnt go up as far as the Volley.

12 minutes ago, redinblack said:

The Volley is still great we went there, my eldest brother used to do his underage drinking there because my Dad only did the pubs round South Road - The Alex, The Raven - and didnt go up as far as the Volley.

Yeah it’s a nice pint there. Marine have done their bar/car park up so you can have a bevvy there on College Road. There’s a new gaff by St Nicholas Church too called Seesays or something. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

LAD, at Fulham I was sat next to the ultimate example of ESD. 

C9553A0F-F6EF-404A-8296-DC96BA34AF8B.jpeg

I feel like I've seen that picture about 48 times since Saturday mate. To be fair, he's sound I'm made up for the lad. He's smashing it and he loves the club and the city. Good on him. Did you try to get him to leave at half time? Did he save your relationship? Did he save your life? Thought not the little fart. 

Be honest, did he call you a wool? 

Is that James Cleverley behind you? Liverpool Lads hair is looking good and all. 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m in Greece now. The only friends I’ve made so far are blues. They’ve got the tattoos and everything. He’s already told me there’s no chance I’ll see him in town when we play on Monday night. 

Hahahahaha yeah imagine if we lose or draw they'll be doing the fucking conga past you. Hope other than them twats you're having a nice holiday laaaaaaaaaaaaa innit kid go ed inabit 

2 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Who the fuck’s sharing that picture around? That’s the first time I’ve posted it anywhere. 

I sent it to you once. What kind of twat reads WhatsApp messages 48 times?

Aah that's it you sent me it privately. I was drunk on a stag do fuck off 

I can't even remember what I replied. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, johnsusername said:

I'm on a train to London and it's full of ESD - badly dresses fellas in their late 20s all saying LAD every other word. "LAD, get on this til tok LAD, fuckin BOSS this LAD."

And women who all seem to have had lip filler and whose voices are impossibly high pitched. 

Hope you thanked them for their roles as ambassadors for the area.

On 12/08/2022 at 15:04, Captain Turdseye said:

I’m in Greece now. The only friends I’ve made so far are blues. They’ve got the tattoos and everything. He’s already told me there’s no chance I’ll see him in town when we play on Monday night. 

Sat about 50 yards away from this fella while he watched their game on his phone. I was getting goal notifications from LiveScore before the goals had gone in on his stream. It was beautiful. 

He’s getting off now. 

• Upvote 6