You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I was on the Bakerloo line last weekend with a scouse family in my carriage. 

They we’re so normal and had a proper classic soft Liverpool accent that I nearly congratulated them on not having ESD, then thought they probably haven’t read this thread. So never spoke to them or said I’d judged them 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, RJ Fan club said:

I was on the Bakerloo line last weekend with a scouse family in my carriage. 

They we’re so normal and had a proper classic soft Liverpool accent that I nearly congratulated them on not having ESD, then thought they probably haven’t read this thread. So never spoke to them or said I’d judged them 

As soon as you got off the wife went “blert” 

• Upvote 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't get this use of 'Lad'. This must be a new thing. it was always 'Mate' must be getting old or out of touch. First time I heard it in person was a nephew I'd not seen for years said 'great to see you lad' he was about 17 I was in my 40's I told him I'm not a fucking lad and he just laughed could see his brain saying old bastard.

• Upvote 1

Both of my lads were born and brought up in South West London and have pretty nondescript Surrey accents. They are brilliant at copying my scouse accent though (and their nan's Galway lilt). My youngest has taken to calling his mates a 'meff' in a broad scouse accent whilst on his headset playing Fifa.   

*wipes away proud tear.

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Has a Danny Dyer vibe.

"This is one of the toughest parts of Liverpool,  it's like a bomb site."

Camera pans to show pleasant row of ordinary shops.

Reminds me of when Danny Dyer was going round Liverpool with Ste French and people were beeping their horns Ste French was like everybody knows me, I thought youre with Dany Dyer you nob.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Reminds me of when Danny Dyer was going round Liverpool with Ste French and people were beeping their horns Ste French was like everybody knows me, I thought youre with Dany Dyer you nob.

The one where Ross kemp  met the nogga dogz was the best.

5 hours ago, Poor Scouser T said:

I don't get this use of 'Lad'. This must be a new thing. it was always 'Mate' must be getting old or out of touch. First time I heard it in person was a nephew I'd not seen for years said 'great to see you lad' he was about 17 I was in my 40's I told him I'm not a fucking lad and he just laughed could see his brain saying old bastard.

Lad has been around for decades but the use of it has become fucking ridiculous with it being used every other word by some......likes of that Paddy Pimblett have got lad tourettes!