You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Team V Fulham

Paco

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont know what to make of it to be honest Paul.

Its my view that Xabi has a fairly poor season by his standards and also that Stevie and the Chief are our best central pairing....maybe Rafa is also of this opinion.

It could also be that there are 2 or 3 other explanations for this...I dont know....and Carradonna has just posted one of them ^

Yes. But there's been improvment lately. And, him being one of our best players, I really hope he will start the final. To keep possession against that Milan midfield, we need him.

Does anyone spot any talent in Gonzalez? I mean, even when Pennant's been terrible you could always spot his skills and ability to cross the ball. Gonzo is obviously quick, but what good does that do when the ball starts bouncing and goes out of control as soon as he tries to run with it? The best he can produce seems to be throw-ins.

Palleta. Might be alright defence-wise, but so uncomfortable with the ball he will never be good enough.

It seems you have to pay 7-8 mill pounds these days to get a youngster with decent enough tecnique to make it at the top level.

Or you have to be much better at spotting talent than we are.

Or the coaching has to improve, who knows?

What did todays match tell us?

*insua aint quite ready yet, despite his promise.

*El_Zhar also looks out of depth.

*Gonzales needs to get his head sorted. No self belief what so ever, and that is his biggest problem. If he doesnt get his head sorted he wont ever make it here.

*Fowler is past it. Simple as that. You can`t keep players for sentimental reasons alone. He just can`t run. I love Fowler as much as the next guy, but his last two performances have been painful to watch. This isn`t how I wants to remember God.

*I think Paletta was good today. Still he has that rugged side to his play so you almost wait for the next mistake. Today was a big improvement.

Even though we fielded our B team we were clearly the better side, and that was positive, but again our lack of finishing cost us dearly.

I see glimmers of talent in Gonzalez. He has disappointed overall, but he has been injured and on the periphery. Before his latest injury he was having his best spell (it still wasn't great, but there was something there that showed signs of better to come for next season.

Gonzalez may or may not turn out to be good enough to warrant a place in the squad longer term. The main problem I think he will have next season is that he won't get enough minutes to ever really settle and perform at the level he showed in Spain.

One more season here without much of a look in, then a return to Spain methinks. I do actually think that somewhere in there is a decent player, though time is against him to show it for us.

Yes. But there's been improvment lately. And, him being one of our best players, I really hope he will start the final. To keep possession against that Milan midfield, we need him.

Does anyone spot any talent in Gonzalez? I mean, even when Pennant's been terrible you could always spot his skills and ability to cross the ball. Gonzo is obviously quick, but what good does that do when the ball starts bouncing and goes out of control as soon as he tries to run with it? The best he can produce seems to be throw-ins.

Palleta. Might be alright defence-wise, but so uncomfortable with the ball he will never be good enough.

Yeah..he has talent. But im not so sure he has the mentality. You could see he had no belief in anything he tried, and then you have lost. There is no diffrence in running with the ball in Spain or in England, but today he was so afraid of messing up that it ended beeing all that he did. If he is to have any chance of making it, he needs to get his head sorted.

I thought Paletta was good today. Uncomfortable on the ball. At times. But then so was Carra in his early days. You only need to go back4-5 years and there were many reds who did\ nt think Carra would ever be good enough to be a regular.

Today proved yet again that our squad lacks real depth - There were 5/6 players out there today playing for a place at least on the bench in athens who just couldnt raise their game or simply just not good enough.

fowler, gonzalez and bellamy could be playing their last games for our club. Pennant should have tried harder and arbeola was just average. At least Paletta had a decent game. How we miss garcia in these types of game the lack of creativity from the midfield was worrying

Hopefully kewell will get a start against charlton - if he plays well enough he could even make the bench in athens.

oh and michael brown is a grade a cunt

Haha win a game and the players are the best in the world, lose and so and so isnt ready, he should never start etc etc. Fucking hell.

Fucking hell what? When we lose is it bad to point out who played shit and talk about who might make the first time and who won't?

Not the worst performance in the world from us today, but Gonzalez is rubbish and would probably find it hard to break into the Fulham starting eleven, let alone be in ours.

Hope Robbie starts and finishes the Charlton game next week. He may not have the legs anymore but what a lifetime of joy he's brought to Liverpool fans.

Yeah..he has talent. But im not so sure he has the mentality. You could see he had no belief in anything he tried, and then you have lost. There is no diffrence in running with the ball in Spain or in England, but today he was so afraid of messing up that it ended beeing all that he did. If he is to have any chance of making it, he needs to get his head sorted.

I thought Paletta was good today. Uncomfortable on the ball. At times. But then so was Carra in his early days. You only need to go back4-5 years and there were many reds who did\ nt think Carra would ever be good enough to be a regular.

He might. I trust Rafa and his scouts that much. But, as you say, he needs to show something quick. I've written him off. Lets hope I am a poor judge of footballers.

Paletta was alright today. 4-5 years ago I thought Carra was the best full back in the Premier League, when defending. Obviously I never thought he contributed much going forward or releasing players with his passing, but I can only remember Carra as a secure passer of the ball. That cant be said of Paletta. Okay, might need some time to adapt to tempo and grow confident, but theres more; he misjudges his challenges quite often too. Carra never did that. And for the young Carra, which might be harder to remember, he was sometimes played as central midfielder. No one in their right mind would suggest playing Paletta in central midfield?

WeAreTheBest, if you are reffering to this discussion: this is not the case of talking players into world domination one month and then say not good enough the next month, like people on here are doing with Momo. Gonzo's poor performance wouldnt passed unnoticed in a 5-0 victory.

Fucking hell what? When we lose is it bad to point out who played shit and talk about who might make the first time and who won't?

Don't worry, that's just WATB. Any criticism, no matter how constructive, isn't tolerated.

Unless it's him doing the criticising of course, but that's double standards for you!

Haha win a game and the players are the best in the world, lose and so and so isnt ready, he should never start etc etc. Fucking hell.

I'm not responsible for the Arbeloa wankfest on here after he played a decent game away at Barca. In fact I've not been impressed at all, I've just decided to give him a few games before going overboard with the praise, like many have. Of course you can't pass the final judgement on him yet, but you can't overlook how many vital mistakes he's made so far. Until he cuts them out he shouldn't start important games.

And I think the only thing you can definately say about our youngsters so far is that they are not good enough with the ball, and very far from the first XI.

By the way, how many goals lately have been a result of errors by Arbeloa? I think it's something like 70 percent, today he played Rosenior onside. He's an ok reserve, but I wouldn't play him in the first eleven.

no one was saying that when he had messi in his pocket in barca

hadnt read all responses haha ,oh well

it's hard to believe Gonzalez is the same player i watch in Spain against the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona who ran them ragged and looked so dangerous every time he got the ball, i thought he would turn into an excellent player i dont know if it's easier in Spain or what but it's incredible how a player can be so black and white from one season to the next.

Calm down, im just having a laugh at people who call so and so the greatest player ever in football history then the next week he's shit and should never play for the club again.

Dont worry, im not offended by it, its highly amusing.

Anyway, maybe we'll twat Charlton next week and we can have the greatest squad ever again.

I thought Insua did reall well today and can see him challenging for a left back start next season. Still a bit young and made the odd mistake but I was impressed with his composure and ability to pass his way out of a tight spot. Also thought he supported the midfield well when they pushed on. Some nice touches from Robbie today but the most telling moment was when he played a clever ball out to Bellamy on the left who then attached and beat his man and crossed for where he thought Robbie would be. Unfortunately, Robbie was 6 yards behind, trying desperately to get on the end of the cross. He;'s still got the touch and brain, but not the legs, that's obvious.