You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

My son went camping yesterday to Wales with his retarded camping-virgin Father. I'm worried sick now that he's going to be blown away, but I'll look a bit of a dick if I ring him and say "Look, there's this forum I post on on that there internet, and some of these people are pro campers who reckon the weather is treacherous this weekend, so it's best if you just bring him home right now".

I didn't even pack him any vests.

Is this why you can't sleep?

My son went camping yesterday to Wales with his retarded camping-virgin Father. I'm worried sick now that he's going to be blown away, but I'll look a bit of a dick if I ring him and say "Look, there's this forum I post on on that there internet, and some of these people are pro campers who reckon the weather is treacherous this weekend, so it's best if you just bring him home right now".

I didn't even pack him any vests.

Pretty mild yesterday, tonight is meant to be a bit of a fucker. You may well have your son back in your arms by lunch time tomorrow. x

I have a 4 man Pro Action tent which looks like this:

36-3400085A70UC499038M.jpg

It's been in the boot of my car since V2006. Little Lurtz and I set it up in the garden this afto and it fucking rocks. We'll be using it in anger sometime in the next few weeks or so.

Well Langdale was full so we went to the farm just back down the road in Chapel Style. We got the flysheet on in the dry and then the heavens opened. I was pegging out the guys, literally, in the middle of a storm. Still, the tent stayed bone dry and was fine in the strong wind. I also got to test out my new North Face waterproof that I got from Cheshire Oaks last week - it was 100% waterproof. Woo-hoo!!!

The site was fine in terms of facilities, but we were a bit of a trek away from them. Also, we weren't prepared for just how cold it would be, even in August. We had a good couple of days around Ambleside and Windermere and then, after seeing the forecast for yesterday and today while having a pint in the pub, we decided to cut it short yesterday morning. Two minutes into the journey home the heavens opened again. It's all the timing, you know...

Looks like we had a similar weekend, we ended up on Shell, goodness knows how my tent stayed up, only 3 storm pegs broke in the wind. Rained all weekend, spent 2 afternoons on the site pub with my jeans off in the dryer after the walk up soaked me through after it looking like we'd have a dry hour or so (yes sat in a pub in my knickers and walking boots was a very attractive sight indeed) to get a couple in.

came home today, gave up on the idea of packing neatly so it all went in the proper bags - dreading emptying my trailer but needs to be done to dry it all out, even the air beds are soaked from moving them from tent to car.

Not a great weekend like, but still managed a dip in the sea.

Next camping trip in a fortnight, hopefully to better weather.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

The only place in the world that I'll entertain camping is the lake district. I love it there. So much so that I don't mind sleeping in a cold tent with no comfort.

Me and Mrs jnp drove down to a campsite near Dawlish, in Devon, on Saturday. Took our tent and not much else. Cost only £22 a night.

Had an ace weekend, weather was good, campsite had a heated pool and a bar (and even a fish and chip/pie shop), went driving in the country, went to a few beaches, ate like pigs out in establishments, cooked food by the tent on the stove, spent a night down the campsite's pub/bar and another sat inside our tent listening to music and playing board games having some quality time together, whilst getting very drunk on local cider.

Weather yesterday was stunning so we went driving down the coast, visted a zoo before making the trip home, getting in just before midnight.

Proper ace weekend, fitted shit loads of things in. And the soundtrack of the weekend? The Beatles anniversay shows that were on the radio all weekend. Perfect!

Website of the campsite is 'ere. Definatly going back soon.

Cofton Country Holiday Park,Dawlish,Exeter,South Devon

Edited by Juniper

I camped at Leeds festival and didn't face any particularly adverse conditions.

I was faced with 8 geordie kids trying to sing the arctic monkeys without knowing the words and some cunt with a megaphone asking to see girls boobies all night.

How I was glad when the rain came on Saturday night......

• 1 month later...
^ melons wants ^

Im, off camping for the last time this year tonight, proper bummer. Feeling rough as fuck but that wont stop me.

If a certain mate comes i'll get her to pose a pic for you all.

Fucking hell! Nails.

Mind you, the weather's probably better now than it was August bank holiday.

Fucking hell! Nails.

Mind you, the weather's probably better now than it was August bank holiday.

Well the weather wasn't bad at all till this morning, woke up to find my tent caved in due to the wind. Just finished packing up and the sun came out.

Hate the last camp weekend, great party but shit that you know its almost 6 months before you can get out again.

Just out of curiosity, any of you lot do winter camping? Any tips?

Roll on spring.

• 5 weeks later...

Fucking ace, not that it counts so much as it would in a field. But a mate is having a New year party, her house is going to be chaos and people are staying over. I've decided to pitch one of my smaller tents in her garden and sleep the remainder of the night under canvas.

Well the weather wasn't bad at all till this morning, woke up to find my tent caved in due to the wind. Just finished packing up and the sun came out.

Hate the last camp weekend, great party but shit that you know its almost 6 months before you can get out again.

Roll on spring.

Me and a few mates did winter camping before. It was fucking freezing but we were too drunk to care. So my tip is, get pissed beforehand.

Roll on spring.

Amen to this!! Only tip I can give is get a good sleeping bag, airbed and maybe some foam roll mats for the deck.

Good luck!

Me and a few mates did winter camping before. It was fucking freezing but we were too drunk to care. So my tip is, get pissed beforehand.

Being a new year party, i cant see this being a problem.

Amen to this!! Only tip I can give is get a good sleeping bag, airbed and maybe some foam roll mats for the deck.

Good luck!

I have a 3 season plus a liner making it a 4, its also a double so can wrap round a few times and stuff a shit load of fleece blankets in, or possibly go inside another sleeping bag then into the double. I seem to be drunk on most camping trips and getting into a double bag is allot easier then a mummy single one. (that said, one of those things that remmie highlighted is on my christmas list) have an air bed and a couple of roll mats, but not the foil ones. may line the floor with cardboard too.

80 or so days from this semi camping and the season will of started.

I can't imagine camping in the winter. I moan about the cold at night when I'm camping in summer, and I moan about the cold at night when I'm sleeping in my bed, in my house with the heating on in the winter. I'm going to have to go wild and stick the extra bar on the fire on now, just thinking about it. You crazy fools.

• 2 months later...