You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where you going on holiday?

Remmie

Ayyy, off to the land of fsh&chps and wooly critters soon, someone wants to see the South Island, then off to Bolivia, Paraguay, Argentina & Brazil for a bit. I was going to promise piccies from the beaches, but then I remembered the Fuge's Ibiza debacle and decided against it.

Can anyone reccomend me a camera, nothing to fancy, between 100-300 quid, I just want pics that don't look like they've been snapped by an epileptic riding a sybian. It's also got to fit in my pocket, none of them massive ones thanks.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Chimp

Thought you'd be coming the Goldie then Harvey - the strippers will be disappointed! You heading over the Tasman and then continuing on to South America? All the best kidder, you'll have a blast - keep us informed on how you get on (not clued in on cameras much mate, so not much help there I'm afraid).

2010: Thailand in March, Scilly islands in April, Australia at the end of the year & possibly a few days on a super yacht my cousin will be working on somewhere in the Med.

Oh yeah stag dos in February & April as well.

Edited by Remmie

Guest PurpleNose

Touring Europe again in August. Suggestions for places would be nice.

Rough plan - Bordeaux - Bilbao - Barcelona - Genoa - Florence - Rome - Ancona - Split - Ljublana - Vienna - Prague - Munich - Amsterdam.

Touring Europe again in August. Suggestions for places would be nice.

Rough plan - Bordeaux - Bilbao - Barcelona - Genoa - Florence - Rome - Ancona - Split - Ljublana - Vienna - Prague - Munich - Amsterdam.

Go to Budapest and Krakow, you'll also need a stop between Munich and Amsterdam.

Between Genoa and Florence is a place called Cinqueterra, most definitely get your backside there, it's absolutely stunning.

You may find getting from Split to Ljubljana a pain in the backside.

Guest PurpleNose
Go to Budapest and Krakow, you'll also need a stop between Munich and Amsterdam.

Between Genoa and Florence is a place called Cinqueterra, most definitely get your backside there, it's absolutely stunning.

You may find getting from Split to Ljubljana a pain in the backside.

There are 5, maybe 6 of us going. Couple just like your "Get pissed somewhere hot" type holidays, others want to see Eastern Europe. I basically want a balance, and have been appointed as the person to sort it. So I have to find route which doesn't go too far east or west, hence just seeing the north and east of spain, and the edge of eastern europe.

Its interrailing and for 22 days, so time is obviously of the essence.

Some places we're going because we know people there, some to watch football etc

Been to Cinqueterra. Absolutely glorious. I love Italy, probably spent about 3 months of my life there on various holidays/football trips. We're only going to Ancona to get the boat to Croatia, but about 30 minutes inland one of my mates has a house in Sant Angelo in Pontano. A beautiful small town.

The gap between Munich and Amsterdam is clearly a big one but I just feel we'll run out of time at some point and have to do one big journey.

Last time we went (4/5 years ago) we ended up being in Southern Italy with 2 days of train ticket remaining. Ended up going from Napoli to Paris in one trip. I blame being 17 at the time. Want to organise it better this time.

You got plans for this summer?

There are 5, maybe 6 of us going. Couple just like your "Get pissed somewhere hot" type holidays, others want to see Eastern Europe. I basically want a balance, and have been appointed as the person to sort it. So I have to find route which doesn't go too far east or west, hence just seeing the north and east of spain, and the edge of eastern europe.

Its interrailing and for 22 days, so time is obviously of the essence.

Some places we're going because we know people there, some to watch football etc

Been to Cinqueterra. Absolutely glorious. I love Italy, probably spent about 3 months of my life there on various holidays/football trips. We're only going to Ancona to get the boat to Croatia, but about 30 minutes inland one of my mates has a house in Sant Angelo in Pontano. A beautiful small town.

The gap between Munich and Amsterdam is clearly a big one but I just feel we'll run out of time at some point and have to do one big journey.

Last time we went (4/5 years ago) we ended up being in Southern Italy with 2 days of train ticket remaining. Ended up going from Napoli to Paris in one trip. I blame being 17 at the time. Want to organise it better this time.

You got plans for this summer?

My holiday plans are mentioned above:
2010: Thailand in March, Scilly islands in April, Australia at the end of the year & possibly a few days on a super yacht my cousin will be working on somewhere in the Med.

Oh yeah stag dos in February & April as well.

As for summer itself I see it as more worthwhile going when the weather is shit in this country, though I'll see if I can indulge in the festival season work permitting.

As for your trip, I've interrailed round Eastern Europe and 13 places in 22 days seems highly unrealistic unless they have changed the way the ticket works and you get 22 travel days? I managed 9 countries in a month round Eastern Europe and that involved not spending more than 3 days anywhere and a lot of squeezing stuff in.

The rail system in Croatia is virtually non existent, you can train between Zagreb and Pula to Ljubljana, but not a lot else, so I'd read up trains and more likely buses which can be subsidised by interrail and are quite cheap anyway or perhaps miss out Split altogether. Croatia is stunning though so it would be a shame to miss it. I take it you are ferrying to Croatia?

Guest PurpleNose

As for your trip, I've interrailed round Eastern Europe and 13 places in 22 days seems highly unrealistic unless they have changed the way the ticket works and you get 22 travel days? I managed 9 countries in a month round Eastern Europe and that involved not spending more than 3 days anywhere and a lot of squeezing stuff in.

The rail system in Croatia is virtually non existent, you can train between Zagreb and Pula to Ljubljana, but not a lot else, so I'd read up trains and more likely buses which can be subsidised by interrail and are quite cheap anyway or perhaps miss out Split altogether. Croatia is stunning though so it would be a shame to miss it. I take it you are ferrying to Croatia?

Deffo 22 travel days. Was last time as well. You can get a cheaper one that only allows about half that.

If its hassle, we'll just miss Split. I can't really be fucked to read up on trains or buses. Especially as we'll probably end up on some massive detour elsewhere.

Its guaranteed to fuck up at some point. We'll just get a flight when/if it does. Or I'll just move to Italy.

Deffo 22 travel days. Was last time as well. You can get a cheaper one that only allows about half that.

If its hassle, we'll just miss Split. I can't really be fucked to read up on trains or buses. Especially as we'll probably end up on some massive detour elsewhere.

Its guaranteed to fuck up at some point. We'll just get a flight when/if it does. Or I'll just move to Italy.

That's pretty good, so youget what, 22 journeys or how exactly does it work? For me I had 1 month to go wherever and use the train as much as I liked.

Croatia is amazing though, Pula is on the coast and not too far from Ljubljana by train. It has an awesome Youth Hostel that is right on the beach, with a bar that sells cheap cold beer and ice cream. I think you can also get a subsidised ferry to Pula from italy also, but it only travels something like twice a week and is often fully booked so again needs to be done in advance.

I also urge you to go to Budapest instead of Vienna. Not that I've been to Vienna which may be ace, but Budapest is just a party machine with fantastic open air night clubs.

Guest PurpleNose
That's pretty good, so youget what, 22 journeys or how exactly does it work? For me I had 1 month to go wherever and use the train as much as I liked.

Croatia is amazing though, Pula is on the coast and not too far from Ljubljana by train. It has an awesome Youth Hostel that is right on the beach, with a bar that sells cheap cold beer and ice cream. I think you can also get a subsidised ferry to Pula from italy also, but it only travels something like twice a week and is often fully booked so again needs to be done in advance.

I also urge you to go to Budapest instead of Vienna. Not that I've been to Vienna which may be ace, but Budapest is just a party machine with fantastic open air night clubs.

Same as yours like. Travel whenever. Ferry from Ancona to Split is about £40.

Like to go to Budapest but its even further east. Increasing the chances of not getting back within 22 days. I've got one mate who would fly to Slovenia and just see Eastern Europe, another who would spend 3 weeks in Spain.

Difícil, no?

• 5 weeks later...
So who's been to Croatia? Is it a good place to go for a honeymoon? How does the pound work out against the Kuna? How is the food? How much is accomodation/food/booze?

Thanks

I went in September. It great and I enjoyed it very much.

It's affordable without being dirt cheap. It's pretty much reasonable, except Dubrovnik and Hvar which are more expensive. But even then they aren't too bad.

RiS started a thread late last year dig out that, there's more on there. I'm pushed for time with an exam starting in an hour, so leave any questions and I'll get back to you over the weekend.

Edited by RJ Fan club
Fucking iPhone predictive spelling

Just back two weeks ago from five weeks in Thailand and it was great. I love getting away over Christmas and the New Year and avoiding all the hassle it brings.

New Year‘s eve on Koh Samui what a night, just full of happy friendly people and not one hint of trouble, just how it should be.