You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you now?

Guest FarmersBoy

Guest FarmersBoy

... all the ignorant motherfuckers who slate Garcia when we lose?

No, he's not perfect. Yes, he has huge flaws - if he didn't he'd be nigh on world class (a term that is far too lightly sprayed around). But it would be refreshing if every shitbag that slated him so freely when we lose felt inclined to balance things up a bit and laud his contributions when he plays well. No? Didn't think so- you wouldn't want to forgo your favourite Carlsberg Lounge generation whipping boy would you?

In future, if you're going to slate a player, a tip. Wait until the team plays well and wins. Then post a reasoned critique, when you might have shed your reactionary instinct - y'know, the one that belongs to the era where everything only exists within a time frame of a couple of days at most before it's all too boring and your attention span wanders.... You never know, you might get people agreeing with you rather than yet another row breaking out.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here hey, wind down your neck. Garcia has been terrible this season and people have the right to say so. The fact that you are able to come on here and stand up for him means he has played well, and I have no problem with that. I still want to see more off him though.

See the Reina thread. He has a decent game and people come out with shite like "Where are all the Garcia haters now?? He's fucking awesome!!", as though the shit performances never happened. It's not like people make things up for a laugh. When he plays shit he gets criticised for playing shit, when he plays well he gets credit for playing well. If he gets a lot of shit then chances are it's because he hasn't been playing well. Simple as that.

the last 2 games he has been good

he’s kept the ball alot more instead of trying fancy flicks for no reason in our own half.

when he plays like that he’s a very very good player for us, but he has to play like that not the garcia that gives the ball away frequently because that infuriates everyone!!

but fair play to the lad hes has scored 3 goals in 2 games and been very influential, long may it continue!!

Guest molbyscorchio

No, he's not perfect. Yes, he has huge flaws - if he didn't he'd be nigh on world class (a term that is far too lightly sprayed around). But it would be refreshing if every shitbag that slated him so freely when we lose felt inclined to balance things up a bit and laud his contributions when he plays well. No? Didn't think so- you wouldn't want to forgo your favourite Carlsberg Lounge generation whipping boy would you?

In future, if you're going to slate a player, a tip. Wait until the team plays well and wins. Then post a reasoned critique, when you might have shed your reactionary instinct - y'know, the one that belongs to the era where everything only exists within a time frame of a couple of days at most before it's all too boring and your attention span wanders.... You never know, you might get people agreeing with you rather than yet another row breaking out.

go on lad. But if you're going to slate a forumite for having a go at Garcia, then wait until he plays shite and the team loses. Then post a reasoned critique, when you might have shed your reactionary instinct.

I'm also a big fan of Garcia, and especially the slating he gets from certain posters on here is unreal. But I guess that is the differing views on Garcia. Certain posters will see everything he does in the worst possible light, whereas some looks at everything he does in a more rosetinted light. Now in my eyes he has been one of our best players this season so far.

The people who has already replied on this thread about he has now only played 2 good games, he already got on my tits today etc., is not unusual, it is just the way Garcia infuriates some, and brighten up the way we play for others.

And again it obviously needed to be said he isn''t good enough etc., nobody is going to change their stance. There are people on here, which will never ever say he is good enough for LFC, other than a squad player at most no matter what he does, whereas others will say he improves the starting 11, since he brings that little bit extra to the team and never hides, no matter how inconsistant he is. Me, I'm in the Garcia brings something extra to the team and he never hides.

Let me be flamed.

Guest FarmersBoy
See the Reina thread. He has a decent game and people come out with shite like "Where are all the Garcia haters now?? He's fucking awesome!!", as though the shit performances never happened. It's not like people make things up for a laugh. When he plays shit he gets criticised for playing shit, when he plays well he gets credit for playing well. If he gets a lot of shit then chances are it's because he hasn't been playing well. Simple as that.

This isn't a pro-Garcia thead. It's an anti-anti Garcia thread.

I don't think he was 'fucking awesome' last night at all. But then again he was no more awesome last night than he was the worst against the Mancs. I'm just appalled that he's the first to be singled out for undeserved criticism when the team play badly by many people; and so those who do that should single him out for undeserved praise when the team play well.

Thank god we have him. Yes he infuriates and at times annoys the fuck out of me. That is Luis but he is more than just a squad player. To me, if he is not in the team, then he should be on the bench.

I agree there are games which he is not suited but he is always capable of coming of the bench and making an impact.

I think the annoying thing about Luis, is we know what he is capable of and want to see it more often. In my honest opinion we never will see a consistant Luis, at his age he is the way he is.

I think all said and done, that signing Luis was money well spent.

mrlogic.jpg

not liverpool first team standard that's for sure, perfect squad player.

how can u have a person in your team week in week out when he seems to have an incapability of putting in decent performances away from home.

We have a big enough squad to play Garcia in only the games at Anfield, don't see the problem... Playing at Anfield suits him, where he will get more space, more time on the ball rather than away when as soon as he receives the ball there will be two fuckers on him....

I agree whith that. I don't like Garcia, and i'll say it now, but he has had 2 cracking games.

The fact that he's played well the last 2 games won't wipe my memory.

Speaking of reactionary.... :wallbutt:

He had a better game last night. I'm one of his worst critics, win or lose, but I've always said that I'd love him to be the player we know he can be and not just that he's shit because we're losing.

Last night he scored 2 goals. Nice one. He still gave the ball away a lot though. You talk about reasoned critique and spew garbage like the above. WTF?

Oh, and sorry I'm late replying... I was watching the match. :tease:

I love lil' luis. His goals have brought me much joy, and i love watching him do his tricks. I know i am not in the majority but that is how i feel. He is definately my favourite player in the team, but the reason i have been pissed off with him this season until late is that his usual hard work to regain the ball he has just lost, has not been evident. Against united he was shit AND lazy, which is what pisses me off.

I was talking to a mate of mine as we left the ground on saturday and i was saying how much better his performance was, but my mate suggested he had still given the ball away too much. I reckon if Luis Garcia doesnt give the ball away a lot (compared to other players) in a game he has probably been shit, either that or he has been perfect and every trick has come off, but thats not likely so if he's not giving the ball away, it means he's not trying things, which means he's not had much of the ball or much impact.

I love lil' luis. His goals have brought me much joy, and i love watching him do his tricks. I know i am not in the majority but that is how i feel. He is definately my favourite player in the team, but the reason i have been pissed off with him this season until late is that his usual hard work to regain the ball he has just lost, has not been evident. Against united he was shit AND lazy, which is what pisses me off.

I was talking to a mate of mine as we left the ground on saturday and i was saying how much better his performance was, but my mate suggested he had still given the ball away too much. I reckon if Luis Garcia doesnt give the ball away a lot (compared to other players) in a game he has probably been shit, either that or he has been perfect and every trick has come off, but thats not likely so if he's not giving the ball away, it means he's not trying things, which means he's not had much of the ball or much impact.

And he's got a decent song!

This isn't a pro-Garcia thead. It's an anti-anti Garcia thread.

I don't think he was 'fucking awesome' last night at all. But then again he was no more awesome last night than he was the worst against the Mancs. I'm just appalled that he's the first to be singled out for undeserved criticism when the team play badly by many people; and so those who do that should single him out for undeserved praise when the team play well.

Incorrect - Jermain Pennant is usually the first singled out.