You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sky TV in Switzerland

wes

Alright chaps,

A question for you gadget experts.

I maybe taking a job over in Zurich working in my companys head office but i want to know before i get offered the job if I can get Sky TV out there and installed in my apartment. I have a subscription and a sky box here in the UK but need to know what i have to do, if i can do it that is, to get this to work over there so I don't have to watch that shitty Swiss tv crap, also I then won't miss out on all the footy, which is my main reason for asking the question.

Can anyone help or give me info on this as I'm a bit stuck to be honest.

Cheers chaps,

Wes.

I dont think you'll be able to get sky mate like you do in the UK, but for a couple of hundred sheets you can get a motorised dish with encrypted smart card giving you access to just about every satellite tv station on the planet.

So I'd get in touch with a TV expert in svitzerland.

Alright chaps,

I maybe taking a job over in Zurich working in my companys head office but i want to know before i get offered the job if I can get Sky TV out there and installed in my apartment. I have a subscription and a sky box here in the UK but need to know what i have to do, if i can do it that is, to get this to work over there so I don't have to watch that shitty Swiss tv crap, also I then won't miss out on all the footy, which is my main reason for asking the question.

Cheers chaps,

Wes.

Not sure with English Sky but I know for a fact that Irish sky cards work abroad- A lot of Irish bars gets subscriptions in Ireland ,take the card with them to whereever and they got Irish TV stations

Alright chaps,

Cheers chaps,

Wes.

Sky can be installed and viewed over here in Zurich, but you have to make sure your landlord lets you install the dish and neither close buildings nor Uetilberg (big hill) obstruct the signal.

http://www.englishforum.ch may have some more info.

There are a few bars that show English footy: Red Lion, Nelson and Paddy's bar. Where there is always a good turnout of Liverpool fans.

Good luck with the move.

Alright chaps,

Cheers chaps,

Wes.

http://swisswiki.ch/index.php/Television_reception

Cheers for the info lads, at least i know it can be done in a way.

Don't know if i will defo take the job yet as it's a bit of a major jump going from living on the Wirral doing the same old thing to moving to a country i can't speak the language of, but need to look at all options. Got my interview tomorrow, fucking bricking it!!