You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Raven close to start against Palace

Captain

Well, this is what alot of us has been crying out for!

Now, this is his greatest chance to take up the right back and make it his own!

If he comes out good expect him against Westham, if not then god hope that Finnan is fit to play!

Yes, this really is Ravens first real opportunity to get himself into the team. If he gets to start tomorrow, that is.

A good game from him, and he's in against West Ham.

Just a question re: the carling cup.

Last year it was kids all the way up to the semi's, and i was initially expecting the same from us this time around, but with the way the season has started domestically, an early exit against a championship side could seriously damage confidence and morale, so does anybody know if it is likely to be kids, or will he as I hope put a stong side out and go for the jugular?

Just a question re: the carling cup.

Last year it was kids all the way up to the semi's, and i was initially expecting the same from us this time around, but with the way the season has started domestically, an early exit against a championship side could seriously damage confidence and morale, so does anybody know if it is likely to be kids, or will he as I hope put a stong side out and go for the jugular?

Think it's gona be a strong side, there's talk Gerrard might be back for it.

I'm pleased Raven looks like he'll get a chance. Its just a shame it hasn't come sooner this season - Josemi is a liability. Not only that, he's lazy and never really seems arsed about playing for us. I really hope Rafa admits he got this one wrong and lets him go in January.

As for the team tomorrow, I think it'll be a reasonably strong side, my guess would be:

Carson

Raven Carragher Whitbred Warnock

Potter Gerrard Hamann Zenden

Crouch Cisse

As for the team tomorrow, I think it'll be a reasonably strong side, my guess would be:

Carson

Raven Carragher Whitbred Warnock

Potter Gerrard Hamann Zenden

Crouch Cisse

I you're very close with that one, with Sami instead of Carra as already mentioned.

It could be Pongo starts instead of Cissé, but all will be revealed!