You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Get in my son

Rashid

No he didn't, what he said was "I'm signing a new goalkeeper this season -you-I want you to improve otherwise I'll be signing somebody else".

That's man management. Letting people know exactly where they stand. It's called trust, one of the key requirements for a manager in any job.

Oh I see so Westerveld made one mistake against Bolton and he decided he needed two goalkeepers making it almost impossible to fight for his place!

Houllier told Westerveld to his faxce that he wasn't negotiating to by Dudek yet Westerveld was on a plane with either Westerveld or his agent who told him that GH had been negotiating for ages!

I'm sure the other players trusted him after what he did to Anelka!

All managers show a ruthless side at times - its not nice but thats football sometimes.

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I see so Westerveld made one mistake against Bolton and he decided he needed two goalkeepers making it almost impossible to fight for his place!

Houllier told Westerveld to his faxce that he wasn't negotiating to by Dudek yet Westerveld was on a plane with either Westerveld or his agent who told him that GH had been negotiating for ages!

I'm sure the other players trusted him after what he did to Anelka!

All managers show a ruthless side at times - its not nice but thats football sometimes.

the most important thing is to support the players why they are at the club

MLB & VV - I think you've both misunderstood me. My point is that neither of them deserves to be sold. What I object to is people suggesting a player should go in order to pursue an agenda with another player; ie, slag Cisse to justify Owen coming, or slag Nando to justify Cisse staying.

My view on our strikers is that all three of our current senior front men have significant question marks hanging over them, but none of them have had the time or sufficient opportunity to address those questions. That is why we need Owen - because he knows the club and the league, he's fit and in form. Those four criteria can't be applied to Crouch, Cisse or Nando - yet. That's why we need him, but should also keep them.

To my mind, anyone suggesting ditching any of the existing three at this stage of their respective Liverpool careers (with less than two seasons at the club between them) is reactionary and un-Red - although I'd exempt Hermes and Skeet from that statement simply because they both nailed their colours to the mast long before this transfer window caused the Rash of nonsensical bollocks we've had on here every day for the last two months.

Houllier and Man Management? Jesus H. Christ. The guy is pathetic.... I haven't yet heard a player a good word about him as a person.

However when it comes to alternative arguments you turn a deaf ear.

Jamie Carragher of course always speaks highly of man.

And who was it who slated his man-management skills?

David Ginola - enough said.

My word, there are some gobshites on this site.

Hey, at least you have self-awareness though, which is more than most of the other gobshites.

Listen, if you're some woolyback twat

Yeah, a "woolyback twat" who was born within walking distance of Anfield O_o. And as an aside, you probably won't get much joy on this site if you continue to abuse our OOT fans.

who wants to throw a fit outside teh stadium rather than back Rafa to do his job, then go and do it.

Who is talking about throwing a fit, you fucking moron? All I am referring to is the huge groundswell of support for Djibril Cisse among the fanbase, and that maybe it would be a good idea to show the club directly how many of us would be unhappy with him leaving right now.

But you'll get your fucking head panned in by any right minded supporter

I don't think anyone who is "right minded", supporter or otherwise, goes around panning people's heads in. Maybe things are different in your mental home, but on the outside, we kind of frown on public displays of violence, particularly when someone tries to associate them with our club.

if you start shouting for the head of moores, parry, or benitez just because they decided to do what they thought was best for the club.

Who's calling for them to be sacked? All I was suggesting is that we could maybe show our support for Djibril in some public way. I'm sure even you could agree, with your limited brain functionality, that sacking the management team after they've just brought us the biggest prize in club football is illogical at best.

Idiot.

Ah, if you could contine to sign your posts off as "Idiot", it would really help me to distinguish your posts from all the other reactionary newbies who register just to abuse established members of the community, and then fuck off back to Kunttalk.

:no quote by phil jefferies.Couldnt agree more Rachid. Cisse could be a great player given a decent injury free run. Morientes is a fuckin waste of space, when he signed i was delighted, until people started tellin me Madrid didnt sell bad players. After watchin that cunt end of last season an beginnin of this, i think they are probably right.

have to disagree about the madrid quote that they get rid of bad players look at makelle for instance enough of them cunts anyway, I just hope Rafa keeps Cisse if anyone should be out the door it should be Morientes hes been shite since he joined the club im fucking fed up of hearing excuses as well "he needs to get match fit" or the worse excuse when hes had another shite game "he made a few nice touches" hes on 40k a fuking week so he should, Cisse did more in 10 minutes than Nando did in 90mins to me it just looks like hes in for a big pay packet because he look uninterested where as Cisse plays every minute for Liverpool FC withpride and passion and wears his heart on his fuking sleeve for the club this is wrong the way hes being treated.

where as Cisse plays every minute for Liverpool FC withpride and passion and wears his heart on his fuking sleeve for the club this is wrong the way hes being treated.

Seriously this is something I havve to disagree with I have never seen Cisse demonstrate this pride and passion on the pitch in terms of chasing lost causes, closing down defenders and general workrate.

Please can anyone who talks of his pride and passion etc answer me honestly why they think he is so lazy? Please don't answer by comparing him to Owen, Morientes or whoever I am just interested to see if I am the only one who thinks he is lazy?

I do admire your Liverpool at all cost support of the club and the team but thats living in denial for FFS its clear for all to see that Rafa turned away from Cisse but your right i would have had to replay it several times without ITV highlighting it but it still happened

As i said i admire your devotion to the cause but unfortunately if you look at the video closely the facts are very clear indeed

for the record i am a huge Rafa fan but i still think Cisse could have been treated a lot better

By the way watched the video again and Rafa is pointing out directions adn Cisse is lookling to the crowd. So where is it all clear to see.

I aint living in denial Im looking at it without the whole being drawn in by the media circus tricks that are going on. Owen coming back is a selling paers/ratings winner. Our football is turning into a US siotcom lately, each footy program is us against them. Its all bullshit they are making the most of any fucking incident and putting 2+2 together in the words of one,my colleagues its all corporate bullshit. I believe that all is fine at the club besides maybe the odd prick like Josemi and Kewell. Its all part of a big plot to unsettle Cisse and build up Owen as the prodigal son returns home. For a start Owen is not the prodigal son King Kenny is and nobody will ever replace him. To show how petty it is getting with the media against us being succesful again look at the match for the BS the other night they built them as hereos but slagged us off last night the night before and so far pretty much all of the season so far. I just feel the media are trying unsettle us as we won the CL and Chelsea didnt. I know we aiint set the world alight but we have lost one game and in 7 conceded none in our two opening league games averaging 3 goals a game in europe or there abouts anyway. So whats the fucking problem.

Am I turning bitter and blue

Seriously this is something I havve to disagree with I have never seen Cisse demonstrate this pride and passion on the pitch in terms of chasing lost causes, closing down defenders and general workrate.

Please can anyone who talks of his pride and passion etc answer me honestly why they think he is so lazy? Please don't answer by comparing him to Owen, Morientes or whoever I am just interested to see if I am the only one who thinks he is lazy?

I genuinely don't think he is lazy but plays more like a cocked trigger waiting for the right moment (see last night). He's still raw and has had little chance to adjust his trade to the demands of a different country. My chief objection is this kneejeerk reaction based on limited chances in his primary role.

There's some that read too much into his body language, they recognise the frustration when things don't go right but ignore how he lights up when scoring.

This place always used to be so fair-minded and measured, but a ridiculous reactionary response to every mis-placed pass or half-baked rumour now seems to be the order of the day. I see our new whipping boy, in response to the "Save Cisse" campaign is Morientes. It's fucking pathetic.

ne who can question the sale of Cisse on one hand, afterAnyo a mere twelve months at the club, and then suggest the sale of Nando after six months less on the other, is a fucking child as far as I'm concerned. There is only one poster on here who has ever expressed serious doubts about Nando prior to last night and he's done so since before we even signed him. Hermes' tone might be irritating but at least he's consistent.

As for the whole "Oooh, Rafa didn't tickle Djibril's bollocks for him after he scored" theory - what the fuck? We criticise the tabloids for their tenous shit-stirring; this is about as tenous as you can get. Don't any of you ever watch us play football? Have you never noticed that Rafa never celebrates goals and always immediately reminds the team of their instructions? And then there was an interview where he refused to be drawn into commenting on anything other than the specifics of the game? Shit - I've never seen him do that before.

We won another fucking trophy last night - the second of Rafa's reign. Can we all stop trying to second guess him and then pulling him to bits over our half-baked conclusions? I'm not suggesting no-one should disagree with him, but can we at least wait until there's something a little more concrete than media rumours before we pull him to bits?

The sale of Cisse and bid for Owen is clearly more than 'media rumours' - Parry confirmed Owen is wanted, and Rafa is clearly evasive re Cisse. If it's just a rumour he could have denied it - the same thing you slagged Gerrard off for not doing. I do think that yet again the clubs handling of the media is abysmal - other clubs don't experience the sort of shit that we do. Thats partly due to some factions circulating stories for their own purposes I believe.

There's some truth in what you say about Morientes being the whipping boy but its difficult not to compare his approach to Cisse's for fuck sake. The rumours around Cisse have pissed me off more than anything else for quite a while. He has taken the club to his heart, and plays like he has - again in complete contrast to Morientes. Cisse is exciting and always brings a buzz when he comes on and goes at people. Just as he really looks to be finding his feet and the investment is starting to pay off, we're looking to sell him. He brings a lot to the team spirit that is missing - just as a the team is really starting to gel we look to pull it apart.

To say 'anyone who can question the sale of Cisse on one hand, after a mere twelve months at the club, and then suggest the sale of Nando after six months less on the other, is a fucking child as far as I'm concerned' is to completely miss the point - the club has decided to raise money by selling a striker, Morientes is far more expendable if we have to choose between him and Cisse. The twelve months compared to six months bollocks is Hermesesque distortion or did you forget he was out injured for most of last season ?

The point is that all this speculation is damaging morale - you've told us in the past your views on that score. I think this whole situation is about politics within the club, not neccesarily just what Rafa wants. Buying back Owen is often justified as being 'what the fans want' - well I'm not going to keep quiet and let SFX or The Times speak on my behalf. As far as I'm concerned Cisse is the sort of player and person I want in the team, not someone who jerked us around when it suited him but now wants to return because his plan didn't work out - those are the actions of 'a fucking child'.

Agreed Skeet, it's the most agenda written football report I think I've ever read. How much do you think Matt Dickinson is being paid by Owen and his cohorts to come up with such shite?

You know what you're up against when a report starts 'there's only one Michael Owen'. (saddened me to hear that last night)

I genuinely don't think he is lazy but plays more like a cocked trigger waiting for the right moment (see last night). He's still raw and has had little chance to adjust his trade to the demands of a different country. My chief objection is this kneejeerk reaction based on limited chances in his primary role.

There's some that read too much into his body language, they recognise the frustration when things don't go right but ignore how he lights up when scoring.

Cheers - know what you mean but I just think he would help the team so much more if he upped his workrate - it is so clear how much his pace can scare defenders that he should defo use it a lot more for hassling and harrying.

For all the faults I have mentioned with him it is clear he has great potential and I would be happy for him to stay - I just think its a financial decision if he is to leave (he is more of a saleable asset than Mori).

Anyone that thinks Cisse plays for the team should look at the Champions league final video and tell me that he was following out Benitez's orders when he was smashing hopeless 35 yard drives rather than keeping possession.

Hats off to the lad, he deserved his stroke of luck last night, but seriously, when did we lower the cult hero bar so low.

He seems like an ace character and I laughed my head off at his dance around the cup, but what makes him such a great Red? He came back from injury in record time, but the snall matter of playing in a Champions league final should be motivation enough for anyone.

I can't believe that Benitez is being criticsed by some, slated by others, for his handling of Cisse.

I don't think there has ever been a player as over hyped as Cisse, who at 24 is still raw. Yes, that's right, 24! He might have lost a few months to injury, but he is already a number of years older than when Owen was awarded the title of European player of the year.

Yeah, what did we do to ever deserve a player like Owen, hey? We must also be doubly cursed to be afflicted by a manager like Benitez who wants to do such horrendous things as get rid of a deeply flawed over priced strikers? It's not just about winning trophies this football lark you know. If you can't have a team with the odd player who kisses your badge and dyes his hair the same colour as your shirt, then I don't want to know.

FFS he came back from injury in record time and he says he loves LFC. That makes him a legend in my book- he's up there with Dalglish, even if he can't be arsed chasing the odd loose ball or two- why should he?- he's a star after all.