You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gerrard latest...

dave u

Quote:

In a baffling twist, Gerrard has confided to friends he desperately wants to stay at Anfield but he's concerned the club won't be strong enough to compete for honours next season.

its all clear to me now, obviiously when he came on here he took it to heart what Rashid and others said about crouch & Co and then realised those players werent good enough for LFC

He's leaving because he loves LFC

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Kaelin

Stevie is meant too be on £80k a week...we (accordin too Rafa) have offered him 3 new contracts plus the last one. Now i was only offered two contract's at a club (15yrs old at Marine & Burscough lmao) completly diff lge etc etc but all i know is that when you offer your best player, club captain a new contract you make it better than the last. So this is all down too 2 things, either Greed or he just dos'nt want too play for us anymore, in either case hes gone.

He's just Lifted the European Champs Cup so challenging for honours is a Crap excuse, we showed in both Prem games against Chelski we where better than them, and the cup final, and the champs lge, so leaving for a better team is becomin a lame excuse.

If flouncin around London is what he wants then let him have it, if it's Bein a galactico then go stevie but just like Michael you'll win Naff all, Barca have got it all sewn up!! (side note any1 see the Documentary about the Barca board???was Quality)

I love stevie for the passion and skills he shows on the pitch but ffs this is disgracful. IMO it's S.F.X. whos fucked all this up by saying talks are stalled and won't be re-opened but as some1 else said their employed by stevie so all he has too do is say "WTF are you playin at?" if its really because he feels unwanted again hes the captain should'nt he be askin Rafa Himself rather than beleivin his agents? who as well as the best deal for Stevie are lookin for the same for them? Carra is with S.F.X. I think yet you never hear all this over him.

But it's a situation too be fair I'm not truly bothered with...He stay's we keep the best all round Midfielder in Prem poss Europe, he goes Rafa gets £30m plus For the Rafalution.

im convinced more than ever now that the biggest influence on his decision is his promise to his girl friend that they would be going to London, thats why i feel he would turn Real Madrid down.

be very interesting to see what he would do if Real are the only club that LFC will do business with.

Quote:

In a baffling twist, Gerrard has confided to friends he desperately wants to stay at Anfield but he's concerned the club won't be strong enough to compete for honours next season.

its all clear to me now, obviiously when he came on here he took it to heart what Rashid and others said about crouch & Co and then realised those players werent good enough for LFC

He's leaving because he loves LFC

Still not a Gerrard-quote, just a 'someone close to his friends said this and that....'. Remember that.

If all 'quotes' from him was true, he would actually be Rainman, as someone suggested earlier. It's simply not possible, so we should still take this with a pinch of salt.

Still not a Gerrard-quote, just a 'someone close to his friends said this and that....'. Remember that.

If all 'quotes' from him was true, he would actually be Rainman, as someone suggested earlier. It's simply not possible, so we should still take this with a pinch of salt.

just trying to lighten up this thread a bit as the reality is too depressing whatever happens

Chris Bascombe is a very reliable source of info. He gets it wrong but I don't think he would quote somebody unless he heard it himself. He isn't a national journo but a local one and runs the risk of alienating his audience if he gets it wrong. National journo's don't have to worry about that.

DULL, DULL, DULL.

Just fuck off now and don't come back. None of the excuses wash at all. He is a big head who thinks he is bigger than the club. I am sick of the is he, isn't he shite. Frankly, even if he signed a deal, grovelled on his knees apologising to the fans and then gave Rafa a BJ, i still wouldn't want the malingering prick anywhere near our club.

Get off to the Kings Road with the rest of the narcissistic idiots, where you belong. You have no place at LFC any longer.

one thing positive for those who want Stevie to stay

Stevie likes to be liked and how can he justify to his friends and fans his reason for leaving, LFC blew his feeble excuses for wanting to leave out of the water yesterday.

When he stops to think how he is going to justify his decision maybe he will again realize the error of his ways, thats if he's not been henpecked

You just made that up? Where did ya hear this?

i heard this about a year ago (but nobody believed me then and probably not NOW) that when he decided to stay he said to her we'll give it one more year and when things didnt work out as planned I presume he told her that your right were better off in London (that bit is my gut feeling)

this is just my feeling on it, i could me way off the mark but nothing else makes sense.

If he leaves....

Which now looks likely, he will be the most hated ex player. Sworn at by reds fans every time we see him lift that wonderful trophy for our beloved club. What a tit he would be if he leaves, and what a betrayal to some very loyal supporters. A sad day if true.

Its does my head in that is all about gerrard again this summer we are champions of Europe and he is acting like big kid again he is trying to make out that he doesn’t want to sign a 100 k a week contract as it will swallow up rafas kitty what a load of bollocks he is just trying to make himself look good AGAIN if he wants to I wish he would just go cant be arsed reading southern biased newspapers biging up Chelsea we are getting embarrassed by him again as rafa said he as asked Steven to sign 3 times and he blew him out in my eyes what he has done is unfixable this time he should not need to be asked ITS LIVERPOOL the club he is meant to love wish we were in the position to make him sit out his last 2 years

YNWA say he's leaving again now, their source was a player, he says he thinks he's off now

The same as Dave said yesterday. A player (not Carra) who said he thought SG was leaving because of things he'd said.

Chris Bascombe is a very reliable source of info. He gets it wrong but I don't think he would quote somebody unless he heard it himself. He isn't a national journo but a local one and runs the risk of alienating his audience if he gets it wrong. National journo's don't have to worry about that.

Yes I know that, and he is one of those we should listen to. Still, these are crazy times and even he can get it wrong. Even if the quotes from SG's friends are correct, those friends can have it all wrong. And there's still the possibilities that SG hasn't made his mind up. If Bascombe quoted SG directly I would've listened, but as long as they aren't I take them with a pinch of salt.