You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Parry forces Gerrard's hand?

Dirk

Come on, we werent that surprised now, were we?

Yes we were as he said he would sign only a few days earlier when in reality his agent was begging Madrid to take him for £8M. Indeed Perez said he was 'surprised' at how much Mikey wanted it. Perez had to act as Vieira deal fell through.

As I said I'd sooner Stevie signed a years extension than none at all. It would mean we will get the full wack for him next summer if he decides to go.

I don't mind if he signs a years extension to see how it goes next season. Its better than the little "Saint Mikey" shafting us when we least expect it.

I do mind. I want this shite to end.

I can't see what Owen's departure has got to do with it, really. I obviously don't want Gerrard to run his contract down, and I expect the club not to let him. It was a mistake to let Owen run his contract down to 12 months. I expect the club not to make the same mistake with Gerrard, as even more money is at stake.

Either Gerrard signs up early in the summer, or he goes. It's important that it's settled early to give Benitez time to shop properly.

For someone who always feels hard done by for getting banned from sites, you don't learn. Just because someone does not agree with your point of view does not make them a wanker.

Indeed, by attacking people for having an opposite mind-set, it only serves to heighten the fact that you are indeed the aforementioned expletive.

Well put, Ian.

I can't see what Owen's departure has got to do with it, really. I obviously don't want Gerrard to run his contract down, and I expect the club not to let him. It was a mistake to let Owen run his contract down to 12 months. I expect the club not to make the same mistake with Gerrard, as even more money is at stake.

Either Gerrard signs up early in the summer, or he goes. It's important that it's settled early to give Benitez time to shop properly.

The most important thing is that we offer him a contract to stay and see if he turns it down by say 30th July. If he does he gets transfer listed. Alternatively, I'd not mind a years extension for him to stay.

Agreed.

Commit his future in the summer or be sold.

The most important thing is that we offer him a contract to stay and see if he turns it down by say 30th July. If he does he gets transfer listed. Alternatively, I'd not mind a years extension for him to stay.

Way too late. It's in the middle of fucking pre-season for God's sake! How the hell do you expect Rafa to sort us out in a few days before the CL-qualifiers?

Absolute deadline would be 30th June if I was running the club. And I'd push like hell to have it settled earlier.

Yes we were as he said he would sign only a few days earlier when in reality his agent was begging Madrid to take him for £8M. Indeed Perez said he was 'surprised' at how much Mikey wanted it. Perez had to act as Vieira deal fell through.

We all knew his contract negotiations had been going on for ages. That's why i said him leaving wasnt that big a surprise. At least it wasnt to me.

We all knew his contract negotiations had been going on for ages. That's why i said him leaving wasnt that big a surprise. At least it wasnt to me.

It wasn't to me either. It was pretty obvious what he was up to.

Funny how it only took Owen a matter of hours to sign for RM, after having negotiated with us for MONTHS without being able to strike a deal...

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

It wasn't to me either. It was pretty obvious what he was up to.

Funny how it only took Owen a matter of hours to sign for RM, after having negotiated with us for MONTHS without being able to strike a deal...

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

you have to remeber that Owens agent was on holiday for sbout 6 months... I guess he was`nt back until late august... ;)

We need to learn from the Owen situation - this summer our two most important players will be entering the last 18 months/2 years of their contracts.

Will be interesting to see what the club do this time.

Are you referring to Baros as the other one? He is already in his last 18 months. His contract expires June 2006.

Mr. Parry, the clock is ticking.

The most important thing here is not what Parry or Gerrard want its what Rafa wants ie does he want 40m to spend or keep Gerrard, it should be the managers decision, obviously if he hands in a transfer request that decision is taken out of Rafa's hands as it would be if he turned down a new contract.

Let Rafa decide if a serious offer comes in

The most important thing here is not what Parry or Gerrard want its what Rafa wants ie does he want 40m to spend or keep Gerrard, it should be the managers decision, obviously if he hands in a transfer request that decision is taken out of Rafa's hands as it would be if he turned down a new contract.

Let Rafa decide if a serious offer comes in

Rafa has stated on numerous occasions that he is building a team around Gerrard. Benitez won't push for a sale - no way.

Rafa has stated on numerous occasions that he is building a team around Gerrard. Benitez won't push for a sale - no way.

I tend to agree with that. However, there's no way he'd say, you can have him. If he did that, it would demotivate Gerrard and it would lessen his price. If the selling club is eager to get rid then the power is in the hands of the buying club. If a club isn't too willing to sell a player then the power is in the hands of the selling club.

I tend to agree with that. However, there's no way he'd say, you can have him. If he did that, it would demotivate Gerrard and it would lessen his price. If the selling club is eager to get rid then the power is in the hands of the buying club. If a club isn't too willing to sell a player then the power is in the hands of the selling club.

I can see where you're coming from. But I believe Rafa when he says he doesn't want to sell. Taking us back to the top becomes a little more difficult if Gerrard leaves, especially if he leaves for a PL-club.

I also think other clubs understand that LFC doesn't want to sell him. If he goes, it's because he doesn't think will get there soon enough, or at all.

Are you referring to Baros as the other one? He is already in his last 18 months. His contract expires June 2006.

Mr. Parry, the clock is ticking.

Yeah I was referring to Baros and I didn't realise his contract had so little to run. The silence regarding Milan is quite deafening to be honest.

Hope it gets sorted in the summer.