You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Conceding the title

So?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Well?

• Still think we’ll win it
    • Will concede when it’s mathematically impossible
    • After this weekend(April 28th)
    • After Everton game(April 24th
    • After Palace game(April 14th)
    • After the Mancs(April 7th)

I said to my Dad a month ago we would run out of steam. It was impossible to sustain keeping going behind and turning it around and that is how it played out (unfortunately). 

Mancs away always felt this was a flawed side especially the always conceding 1st being a massive gripe but my heart told they would fight to send Klopp off on a high and we would take it to the Wolves game at least but they are just not good enough and CL and a cup is a good season for where this team is.

Worth noting though that if you'd have said that this season we would win a cup, get back into the european cup and be long shot of the walking footballers who had turned us into an embarrassment of a team last season, i'd have rippee your arm off for it.

Of course Klopp going is a big time blow - but frankly i'd rather he went than tried to do the job when fucked. 

We stand on verge of a new era and there is an excitement that comes with that.

• Upvote 3

37 minutes ago, an tha said:

Worth noting though that if you'd have said that this season we would win a cup, get back into the european cup and be long shot of the walking footballers who had turned us into an embarrassment of a team last season, i'd have rippee your arm off for it.

Of course Klopp going is a big time blow - but frankly i'd rather he went than tried to do the job when fucked. 

We stand on verge of a new era and there is an excitement that comes with that.

CL and a cup is a good season for where this team is at its clear Klopp does not have the energy to motivate them anymore.The building blocks for a new side are there and add in some the youngsters we got too.My only concern is we will try and Endo our way through this summer by buying bargains when we really need a top class DM and a striker/forward

• Upvote 1

Voted after the Mancs game as it was the earliest option, but the truth is I never actually thought we'd win it. Always felt City would be the team to fuck up least in the final stretch. 

Didn't think we'd shit the bed quite so comprehensively, mind. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bizzle10 said:

CL and a cup is a good season for where this team is at its clear Klopp does not have the energy to motivate them anymore.The building blocks for a new side are there and add in some the youngsters we got too.My only concern is we will try and Endo our way through this summer by buying bargains when we really need a top class DM and a striker/forward

Hopefully the ambition of the club is shown to be at the level we all hope it is.

1 hour ago, bizzle10 said:

My only concern is we will try and Endo our way through this summer by buying bargains when we really need a top class DM and a striker/forward

What makes you think that? Aside from 14 years of clear evidence?

15 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

And using poor Endo’s name as a pejorative is a bit tight. There’s better examples, like that Turkish centre back fella. 

That’s because that’s exactly what we did last  summer we Endo’d the DM position

When Virg and Ali cocked up and gave Arsenal a way back in to the game and then not beating City told me we weren't quite ready to win the PL ,so anything going wrong after those two games wasn't a surprise,bloody annoying though!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bizzle10 said:

If only we'd splashed out on Caicedo and Werner.

11 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

We weren't winning the League if we weren't beating United.

This does not add up for me.

Since that game we have dropped 8 pts.

3 v Palace

3 v The Shite

2 v West Ham

Give us those 8 pts and the table looks like this:

Us 83

Arsenal 80

Abu Dhabi 79 (with a game in hand)

On 29/04/2024 at 13:41, Red74 said:

Hahaha, I knew the forums white knight would be the first to reply.

well for one, how about switching them around so we had them more balanced and able to go outside the fullback for a change instead of doing what we’re still doing which clearly doesn’t fucking work.

You can’t blame the players because the replacements are doing the exact same thing so it’s clear they’re following the managers instructions.

Yeah, we should do that. Woy was a big fan of that. Stewart Downing put in a million crosses and it produced zero goals. Also the likes of Fat Sam and Tony Pulis would approve. 

And your previous post, where to start. Hopefully you’re a bloo on a windup, cause the alternative is just sad.

30 minutes ago, an tha said:

This does not add up for me.

Since that game we have dropped 8 pts.

3 v Palace

3 v The Shite

2 v West Ham

Give us those 8 pts and the table looks like this:

Us 83

Arsenal 80

Abu Dhabi 79 (with a game in hand)

Yes, that's the statistics talking.

I'm talking the spirit and belief.  

24 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Yeah, we should do that. Woy was a big fan of that. Stewart Downing put in a million crosses and it produced zero goals. Also the likes of Fat Sam and Tony Pulis would approve. 

And your previous post, where to start. Hopefully you’re a bloo on a windup, cause the alternative is just sad.

Works alright for everyone else though 

34 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

What kind of comparisons that. And Dalglish signed downing 

12 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Are you seriously saying there’s nothing wrong with how we’re set up to attack?

I’m saying the idea you brought up about switching our attackers to go more on the outside of the full backs is totally out of date. More or less every top team in Europe do the opposite, like us they play with right footed players on the left and the other way around. Look no further than tonights game in tje CL, and Sane’s goal.

We’ve scored slightly less than Arsenal and City this year, probably if you bother to check the facts because we dont convert our chances. 

Also we’ve no doubt overachieved in the league this season, compared to what most experts and supporters predicted before the season started. And we’ve done it with a million injuries. Every single first team player except Van Dijk has been injured more or less. And you start talking about Klopp getting the tactics wrong? Well 100% disagree is the nicest thing I have to say about that.