You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arne Slot

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I didn’t like to say but I am a bit as well !!!

I’m hoping it’s his Dutchness, natural lack of filter and direct style, rather than being a little know-it-all (which if you read about him, like Klopp, he seems very collaborative). 

I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage. His current club and their supporters need clarity too, and it’s not like he’ll be at Anfield on Sunday.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt at this stage. His current club and their supporters need clarity too, and it’s not like he’ll be at Anfield on Sunday.

Yeah, I tend to agree. 

Feyenoord confirmed it in a tweet and it was his last press conference of the season at 3pm today in which he was inevitably going to be asked.

his full quote was

"I can confirm that I will become the trainer there next year," Slot said on Friday.

"Until now I was not thinking about this being the build-up to my last match, but that starts coming now. At the beginning of the week you are thinking about training and those kind of things.

"But the feeling gets stronger now. That is why I'm a little bit late now [for the news conference], because I wanted to say goodbye to some people personally and take time for them, more than just shaking hands.

"I understand that good results help, but it is very nice to feel that people really are thinking it's a pity that I'm leaving."

This snipey new stepchild routine is going to get old fast.

Slot could dance around in an LFC branded tutu and it wouldn’t take away from Klopp’s post match stuff in Sunday. Klopp is leaving of his own accord with the love and respect of all, and everyone knows Slot is taking over. So Slot saying it in a press conference instead of fannying around the question when we all know the answer is a total non-story.  If we were in last place and it was heavily rumoured that Klopp was getting sacked after Sundays game, and then Slot said that, then that would be different. But that’s not the case.

So lets stop creating daft reasons in our heads to start questioning the fella before he’s even got here. 

• Upvote 16

1 minute ago, JohnnyH said:

Slot could dance around in an LFC branded tutu and it wouldn’t take away from Klopp’s post match stuff in Sunday. Klopp is leaving of his own accord with the love and respect of all, and everyone knows Slot is taking over. So Slot saying it in a press conference instead of fannying around the question when we all know the answer is a total non-story.  If we were in last place and it was heavily rumoured that Klopp was getting sacked after Sundays game, and then Slot said that, then that would be different. But that’s not the case.

So lets stop creating daft reasons in our heads to start questioning the fella before he’s even got here. 

This, spot on. Better he addresses it in his last presser of the season than gives some vague none answer which then equates to just as much noise.

Get Sunday and the fall out gone and embrace the new fella. Hopefully one or two exciting signings to wet the appetite and next season can’t come round soon enough. 

• Upvote 2

No issue at all with him confirming it. In a way he is their Klopp and has to say his Goodbyes.

I'm gutted Klopp is leaving but the new guy will get the support even if I was totally pissed off thinking who the fuck is this guy. I'm praying he's not a Rodgers mark 2 but he doesn't have to be compared to anyone just do his own thing and see how we go. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

No issue at all with him confirming it. In a way he is their Klopp and has to say his Goodbyes.

I'm gutted Klopp is leaving but the new guy will get the support even if I was totally pissed off thinking who the fuck is this guy. I'm praying he's not a Rodgers mark 2 but he doesn't have to be compared to anyone just do his own thing and see how we go. 

Could he not have just said his goodbyes and left the joining Liverpool part out though?

He's known for weeks so it's an odd time considering he only had to wait another couple of days before an announcement.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Welsh said:

Could he not have just said his goodbyes and left the joining Liverpool part out though?

He's known for weeks so it's an odd time considering he only had to wait another couple of days before an announcement.

Why be arsed about it though. It means little. There's a world of shit to be more arsed about that you shouldn't be arsed about either.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Welsh said:

What actual, tangible difference does it make?

37 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Why be arsed about it though. It means little. There's a world of shit to be more arsed about that you shouldn't be arsed about either.

Of course, just like anything football related. Better to remember this post if you ever moan about a result, transfer, injury etc ever again.

37 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

What actual, tangible difference does it make?

It's just an unnecessary announcement to make. Everyone knows he's the next manager so why not wait a few more days.

2 minutes ago, Welsh said:

It's just an unnecessary announcement to make. Everyone knows he's the next manager so why not wait a few more days.

Because they're not announcing the next manager, they're saying goodbye to their current manager.

Yet to hear why it actually matters.

4 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Of course, just like anything football related. Better to remember this post if you ever moan about a result, transfer, injury etc ever again.

Good point

7 minutes ago, Welsh said:

Because he's clearly got the all clear to say something and they deserve a chance to send off their title winning manager at the last game of the season as well?

Zero problem with this whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Because he's clearly got the all clear to say something and they deserve a chance to send off their title winning manager at the last game of the season as well?

Zero problem with this whatsoever.

I'm not saying they can't have send off, not once has that been mentioned by me. 

3 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Him quite rightly saying goodbye to the Feyenoord supporters, but then not saying why he was going would just sound weird.

Fucking hell, our support do like to micro analyse everything don't they. 

He told Feyenoord weeks ago he was leaving at the end of the season, was it weird back then? Nobody is "micro analysing' this so wind your neck in haha. You'd swear this wasn't a football discussion forum the way some of you post.

The press have brought it up in nearly every press conference he does. He apparently signed his deal this morning and his number 2 just left the Dutch national team so it's known what's going on. Its not like he's turning up to watch from the stands is it. 

3 minutes ago, Dave D said:

I can’t be bothered scrolling through- have people got upset because he’s confirmed he’s coming?

bit weird 

I can’t be bothered reading your post. Are you questioning whether people are upset because he’s confirmed he’s coming?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I can’t be bothered reading your post. Are you questioning whether people are upset because he’s confirmed he’s coming?

I can’t be bothered reading you questioning someone else questioning something I can’t be bothered about. 

• Upvote 2