You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fulham (A) - Sun 21st Apr 2024 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, aws said:

If we can stitch  together the second half against Palace and the first half last night, we’ll have a 90 minute winning performance. 

The same second half were we looked like a bunch of wasteful bottlers?

8 hours ago, Mathewbet1 said:

I predict a comfortable 3-1 win. This is the game be get back on track, Jurgen will get the lads set for this one . 

My immediate reply to that after the last couple of games would be 'Keep taking the medication' despite hoping you are correct.

I don’t care how we play, how many chances we miss, how many big chances we give up, how many times we sloppily give the ball away, how many heart attacks we all suffer through the game…. I only care that we score 1 more goal than Fulham. 

Just fucking win. 

• Upvote 2

This the start of the title push - believe! What more motivation do you need 2 points behind with six games to go I think we would have taken that at the start of the season, as poor as we've been it only takes one game to get back in the groove and this is it.

57 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Fancy us to get a result away from home more than at home right now. Reckon a win on the road with a handful of bouncing travelling fans could be the shot in the arm some of these players need. 

Klopp was right to put it on the players to put this slump right tomorrow. He can’t protect them forever. They need to show up and do their job. 

Hopefully we get the first goal from open play and breaks a few shackles. 

12 minutes ago, Mathewbet1 said:

This the start of the title push - believe! What more motivation do you need 2 points behind with six games to go I think we would have taken that at the start of the season, as poor as we've been it only takes one game to get back in the groove and this is it.

I'm not interested in those 2 Atalanta games, I've put it down to a kind of styles make fights scenario and it was just a set up that nullifies everything were usually good at. The Manc games and Palace are games we should have won although the Palace 1st half was bad.

I don't think tomorrow falls into the how well are we playing category, it's now how much do we want this. I don't care how they do it, just grind it out. I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt, I think we're due some luck and a win.

I want to see a performance where we move the ball quickly and actually fucking counter press when we lose it. And then regroup and press again if we don’t win it back straight away.

Basically I want a performance where we look vaguely like a Jurgen Klopp team. 

2 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Klopp was right to put it on the players to put this slump right tomorrow. He can’t protect them forever. They need to show up and do their job. 

Hopefully we get the first goal from open play and breaks a few shackles. 

Steady on there bro. 

5 minutes ago, diamondjoe said:

Steady on there bro. 

Ha.

I stand by my point on Klopp though. The players need to give back what he’s given th for the last 9 years, everything. 

4 hours ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t care how we play, how many chances we miss, how many big chances we give up, how many times we sloppily give the ball away, how many heart attacks we all suffer through the game…. I only care that we score 1 more goal than Fulham. 

Just fucking win. 

I know you mean it figuratively but health before a football game Scott.

58 minutes ago, Binomial said:

I know you mean it figuratively but health before a football game Scott.

I’ve not been in the best health watching us at the moment, I fully expect tomorrow to feel like this…

79560A24-2722-474B-94DB-17141574561C.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Just fucking win. 

This.

Just want to see some movement, players taking risks instead of endlessly playing it around at the back being 'patient', it's fucking boring.  Play it quickly, get them all out of shape, press, pick up the second ball.  We seem to only care about retaining possession instead of actually doing something with it.

24 minutes ago, Torvald Utne said:

Just want to see some movement, players taking risks instead of endlessly playing it around at the back being 'patient', it's fucking boring.  

It's also stupid and counter-productive unless it's done with confidence and pace. The number of times we pass it slowly around at the back, then leave it to the keeper to kick it forward into a congested midfield area and we lose possession - it does my head in.

And in the past few games we've also taken to passing the ball right back to the keeper from deep in the opposition's half. So much of this nonsense is excused because it's 'tactical'. Bollocks. Most of it recently has mainly been down to a mixture of fear and fatigue.