You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So who should be our next manager?

On 29/02/2024 at 16:15, Kevin D said:

Another run to the Champions league final would make him an outstanding candidate. 

Would he want to join here, though? It looks like he’s in the middle of his own dynastic run with Inter, he doesn’t speak English and he gets to live in Milan.

Once his wife see’s Broadway shops she’ll demand he moves here 

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

De Zerbi is the only manager the Referees' Mafia hate more than Jurgen.

Aye, his “I hate 80% of referees in this country” comment shot him up right into my top 3, as well.

7 minutes ago, Rushies tash said:

Gary O'Neill may disagree. Wolves have had some shitty decisions this year.

Would say since that peak in November, they have eased off.

It did seem like there was a point weekly, when they were being actively cheated.

On 01/03/2024 at 13:30, joe_fishfish said:

Is Rafa perhaps saying we shouldn't overlook an older, experienced candidate, with trophies to his name, who maybe hasn't been hitting the heights of his earlier career in recent roles? Someone with family ties to the area? Someone who has managed the biggest clubs and knows what it entails?

Sound like anyone in particular ... ?

Big Sam Allardyce?

10 minutes ago, Marko121 said:

Bayern opened talks with Alonso. Breaking news on sky sports 

I don't believe it ,and why would you let it leak when he is riding high in the league, unsettling tactic I think 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Saucepan said:

I refuse to believe Alonso, or his representatives, are stupid enough to open talks with their main rivals before the season is over. Total horseshit. 

Bayern do this every season with rival managers/players and tip off their friendly journos to report it. 

You just hope we’re doing something about this right now.

All the talk about waiting for a sporting director is worrying, makes us look rudderless. Hopefully a red herring?

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Bayern do this every season with rival managers/players and tip off their friendly journos to report it. 

Yeah, this reads to me as them trying to distract the team currently pipping them to the title in the hope it helps them. It's also Bayerns main mouthpiece as the source.

Bayern

So we'd like to offer you 20ml a yea......

Xabi agent

Fuck off(hangs up phone)

Bayern

Hello, hello....

Bayern on phone to Bayern mouthpieces at sky Germany,twitter accounts

We've held talks with Alonso agent

44 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

If it is bollocks (and I’d love Alonso to come out and say it is) then surely that will just piss him off and make him less likely to want to manage them. 

He's not going to close the door on them is he? When he makes his choice, I'm sure he'll give them the chance to say they didn't really want him anyway to save face. I reckon for now they have 2 aims. 1. Pacify their own fans and 2. Try to bully Alonso into going there because it's perceived as a done deal and anything else is a slight on Munich. 

20 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

He's not going to close the door on them is he? When he makes his choice, I'm sure he'll give them the chance to say they didn't really want him anyway to save face. I reckon for now they have 2 aims. 1. Pacify their own fans and 2. Try to bully Alonso into going there because it's perceived as a done deal and anything else is a slight on Munich. 

And of course trying to derail Leverkusen 

• Upvote 1