You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) - Sat 19th Aug 2023 (3:00pm)

Trumo

7 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Although I wouldn’t go that far, I do feel there needs to be some very hard tactical work on the training ground this week. 

I think we could in trouble in midfield to be honest. The lads they have look a lot more physical and powerful than ours at present. That needs to change and it will. 

5 minutes ago, Freddo said:

I think we could in trouble in midfield to be honest. The lads they have look a lot more physical and powerful than ours at present. That needs to change and it will. 

I agree. With Mac Allister likely suspended, our options aren’t great.

I wouldn’t play Gakpo in midfield. I assume Endo & Szoboszlai will start. Jones or Bajcetic doesn’t inspire confidence.

29 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I agree. With Mac Allister likely suspended, our options aren’t great.

I wouldn’t play Gakpo in midfield. I assume Endo & Szoboszlai will start. Jones or Bajcetic doesn’t inspire confidence.

Let’s hope Trent is fit. Gomez at right back maybe?
Jones we need and maybe Thiago could be on the bench. Need that additional player in this week, would love two. 

25 minutes ago, Freddo said:

Let’s hope Trent is fit. Gomez at right back maybe?
Jones we need and maybe Thiago could be on the bench. Need that additional player in this week, would love two. 

I missed Elliott from that list.

Assuming Mac Allister is suspended, I’d go Elliott, Endo, Szoboszlai. Gakpo up front. 

Doucoure coming in before Sunday would be preferable.

That first 210 seconds was utterly damning. 

For a mid-table team to put the ball in the back of your net twice in that period of time is not something that 3 subsequent goals can erase. 

It's not just about defending, it's about how we couldn't get out of our own half in that period of time, the high-press from Bournemouth is good but top sides are brave and use that against teams.  Robertson was a coward, Van Dijk played him a decent ball and he could have followed it to the touchline and played it down the line with his left foot, instead he meets it and comes inside again, the pressure builds. 

Trent getting caught with the bad touch, yes, but Van Dijk had a much better pass on to Konate who had space in front of him to progress the ball.  

And then two howling calamies as Konate is taken out of the game by Trent's touch on the disallowed goal, and then Van Dijk is taken out of the game by Robertson's puny effort tackle on the first goal.  

And I haven't even mentioned Alisson's walkabouts yet.

I've just paused the video on 9m20s and we're 0-1 down, Alisson could have been sent off a minute earlier, but he's come and collected a corner and sent Diaz on his way, and Diaz is halfway into the Bournemouth half and checks to look for his options...nothing.  He then gets robbed as he stalls to wait for supporting runs.

There's nobody centrally running. 

I'm getting a bit bored of seeing this fucking nonsense where we're ragged at both ends of the pitch. 

PXL_20230820_221429458~2.jpg

2 minutes ago, sh#t waffle said:

I suspect the ‘clear and obvious’ nonsense will be the reason to turn down any appeal. 

The laws, as they are, make ‘right or wrong’ less relevant than the intention for VAR not to re referee the game. 

Obviously, in this case, where absolutely nobody thinks it was a red, the laws are not fit for purpose. That he’ll get three matches for it, is a disgrace. 

Hopefully I’m wrong but I doubt it.