You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bournemouth (H) - Sat 19th Aug 2023 (3:00pm)

Trumo

12 hours ago, Jennings said:

Every week the pundits should show him the dozens of other challenges where studs show, but no red is given. They should hound the refs willing to appear on TV about inconsistencies. 

PGMOL is institutionally inept.

That's quite a revealing turn of phrase from old Dean there. 'It's not a wrong decision'. Not 'It's a correct decision'. 'It's not a wrong decision'. It's a classic bit of bureaucratic shut-down talk. He'll probably be in charge of Parliamentary inquiries next.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

The influence that cunt had over the refs (via his bullying of the media) is evidence of PGMOL shitness, not corruption.  He bullied them; he never bought them.

Of course he fucking did. Refs who annoyed him by giving decisions against him never reffed Man Utd for years. 
Refs who he liked got friendly phone calls and to ref the biggest games.

It was corruption pure and simple. He also bullied the media so much that no-one ever reported it. Total institutionalised corruption.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Of course he fucking did. Refs who annoyed him by giving decisions against him never reffed Man Utd for years. 
Refs who he liked got friendly phone calls and to ref the biggest games.

It was corruption pure and simple. He also bullied the media so much that no-one ever reported it. Total institutionalised corruption.

You've just described the situation I referred to: he used every murky tactic except paying them off.  He never bought them.

I used to work in pharmaceutical manufacturing back in the day, and when we would get inspected by the regulators you weren’t even allowed to provide them with lunch, they left the site, got their own lunch and then came back. You weren’t even allowed to make small talk with them like where they came from or what hotel they were staying in. All to stop any potential corruption.

Webb and Dean were in the Man United corporate hospitality last weekend. What happened in the game?

• Upvote 1

A few thoughts on yesterday….

* Dreadful start. Their first goal should have stood, Trent didn’t heed the warning and then gave them the goal that eventually stood. Really, really poor. 

* Once we equalised, I thought we were actually reasonably decent. It was pretty much one way traffic until the last 10 mins. 

* A couple of worrying issues at the end. A combination of good keeping from Alisson and poor finishing avoided a nervy finish. 

* Szoboszlai was excellent. I think VVD is looking back to his best. Great goal by Diaz. 

* At the back of the Kop, I thought it looked a red card, however, I thought the ref got in Mac Allisters way and made him check his run. Seeing it back, it’s a nonsense decision, I bet we don’t get it overturned. 

* Like last Sunday, some really good moments and some really poor moments as well. I liked how we stepped by the pace after the red card. On the whole, I thought it was decent. Without the red card, I think we’d  have gone on to win by a far wider margin. 

* We’ll need to be better again next Sunday. 

How can Premier League red cards be appealed?

Once a straight red card has been awarded, a Premier League club can lodge an appeal under the category of 'wrongful dismissal' with the FA, who will subsequently review the evidence via an independent regulatory commission and potentially overturn the decision and cancel the three-game ban.

It'll be interesting if we do appeal, who'll be on said "independant" panel!

Anyone know if its ex players or officials?

5 minutes ago, niallers said:

How can Premier League red cards be appealed?

Once a straight red card has been awarded, a Premier League club can lodge an appeal under the category of 'wrongful dismissal' with the FA, who will subsequently review the evidence via an independent regulatory commission and potentially overturn the decision and cancel the three-game ban.

It'll be interesting if we do appeal, who'll be on said "independant" panel!

Anyone know if its ex players or officials?

Chairperson is Mr H. Word-Webb.

3 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

I used to work in pharmaceutical manufacturing back in the day, and when we would get inspected by the regulators you weren’t even allowed to provide them with lunch, they left the site, got their own lunch and then came back. You weren’t even allowed to make small talk with them like where they came from or what hotel they were staying in. All to stop any potential corruption.

Webb and Dean were in the Man United corporate hospitality last weekend. What happened in the game?

I worked at AstraZeneca for 20 years. As you say when there was an inspector on site you only talked to them when instructed, answered only their questions and had no other contact with them.   
Football does nothing to avoid accusations of corruption or influence from outside sources.

5 hours ago, s(k)aturation said:

Your enduring, almost charming, passive aggressive equanimity on this incarnation, TK, is fucking admirable.

I’m not TK/Martin/Rasheed or any other old or current poster.

But I don’t mind if you continue to assume I am. It actually amuses me.

Lfc play in the most scrutinised league in the world, there are cameras, videos, hundreds of journalists and millions of fans watching. The idea that year after year refs are told to be bias against us and carrying out these instructions in plain sight without anybody going to the press to expose it is just ridiculous. There is absolutely no evidence of any pattern in the stats on fouls, bookings etc. Fans only remember the decisions that go against us and ignore the thousands that go in our favour.