You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

European Cup Final: Internazionale vs Abu Dhabi Oilers (Atatūrk Stadium, Instanbul, June 10, 8pm)

4 minutes ago, an tha said:

Same...holding onto hope that surely this bastard of a season that has just been kick after kick in the balls, will end with at least some sort of comfort.

Whatever happens when this twat of a season is over, it’ll just make us appreciate the glory of next season all the more. 

6 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

City are clearly well supported and have been down the years when playing in lower leagues, I think the issue with them is that they don't really know how to conduct themselves at the top table.

A lot of the bile they aim at us is due to this. They're watching fans who've basically grown up travelling the world and seeing great matches and great players and they feel they somehow have to compete with that, but can't. They simply don't have the history or the fan culture. 

That's nothing in itself to be ashamed of, but they (and the club, actively has tried to encourage this) have reacted to it by trying to conjure up some kind of fake rivalry, and again - because they've only grown up watching this type of top tier rivalry on the telly, they don't know how to do it. So they do it by doling out abuse, or disrupting minutes' silences. Obviously, this gives me and many other pause.

It's strictly one way though from what I can see. I've never met a liverpool fan who's arsed about them one way or the other the way we are about the mancs and shite. They simply don't register for me at all, I don’t think they do with the other major clubs in Europe either in all honesty. Just look at the Madrid fans singing you'll never walk alone when they played us.

Some things just can't be bought. 

Very similar to Chelsea when they hit the dodgy money jackpot. They had no real rivals and it started with us and just ramped up with the cup and european games

5 hours ago, Tony Moanero said:

I wonder how many modern-day Manchester City fans have heard of Dennis Tueart.

D28D71AE-BE50-4E2A-9826-E95EA03728AA.jpeg

And fuck me, Tone... I didn't even know Dennis Tueart played for Sunderland.

It was the very first Cup Final my Dad (RIP) let me stay up for.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve given up on all the names, to be honest mate. The young lad who sorts it out for us is a big, dozy fucker who likes to waffle on, so at this point it goes in one ear and out the other.

I’m here already, I’m clearly buying it, just shut up, take my money and fuck off. 

You don't happen to have to smoke his bat in "payment" do you, CT?

2 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I’ve given up on all the names, to be honest mate. The young lad who sorts it out for us is a big, dozy fucker who likes to waffle on, so at this point it goes in one ear and out the other.

I’m here already, I’m clearly buying it, just shut up, take my money and fuck off. 

Yeah no what you mean pal, grass is just grass to me !

I did wonder if rocky or resin is still a thing over there these days 

I wasnt gonna turn this on tonight because I think the result is both obvious and inevitable but fuck it, shit all else to do and it's streaming free on Youtube, I can at least sit and have some hope Inter manage to pull off the unexpected.

1 hour ago, an tha said:

Ah hold on.

EMPTIHAD...haha! NO FANS.

3 HOURS UNTIL KICK OFF AND THEIR END IS EMPTY .... hahaha.

THEIR FANS ARE SHITE BECAUSE THEY AREN'T BEING FLEECED FOR 10 EUROS A PINT FOR WARM ALE THAT THEY THEN THROW EVERWHERE WHILST JUMPING AROUND TO SOME FELLER PLAYING GUITAR BADLY WHILST REARRANGING THE WORDS TO A SHITE OASIS SONG TO MAKE IT ABOUT CITEH!!!!

Better?

I wasn’t been serious. Calm your britches. 

This isn’t cool. Despite my extensive anti-City posting today, I genuinely don’t want anybody to get hurt, beaten or be gassed like we were last season…

…apart from Noel Gallagher. Empty that can of mace and mad ball the fucker. 

2 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Why would any Red watch this?

I'll watch it because it's the European Cup Final, but not with any great relish.

Everyone involved with the running of our football club should watch it to remind themselves what happens when they fail.

57 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

It might be the vodka talking but I’m starting to have a sneaky feeling for Inter.

City’s coach being delayed, Walker not starting, City fans having trouble getting there / in, City have AC Milan’s end, the fire and smoke covering city’s end of the ground, favourites v misfits hasn’t worked in Istanbul before…

B430C130-38CE-410A-9106-10F0683BB6FF.gif

Not sure about Vodka, that sounds like head trauma.

Anyway, fuck this thread, fuck City, I'm off to watch The Road or The Mist to cheer myself up.