You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ryan Gravenberch - Welcome to Liverpool

Just now, sir roger said:

Was awful today, but saw him called lazy in the match thread when he has actually run further than anybody else in the squad this season.

Just his running style is quite languid so it leads jabronis down the wrong path. He was fucking awful though. No escaping that. 

He seems to have all the technical ability in the world but lacking that will too win. I watch him and think it needs to matter more, you've got to face every ball in your vicinity like its all that matters. It's not the park any more your will to win is every bit as important as the years you've put in to being good with ball. At the top level mentality is everything.

On 23/12/2023 at 22:09, Bobby Hundreds said:

He seems to have all the technical ability in the world but lacking that will too win. I watch him and think it needs to matter more, you've got to face every ball in your vicinity like its all that matters. It's not the park any more your will to win is every bit as important as the years you've put in to being good with ball. At the top level mentality is everything.

I think he needs a few slaps in the chops , or maybe a flick of the ears to stir some aggression in him before we send him out to play. 

On 23/12/2023 at 21:39, sir roger said:

Was awful today, but saw him called lazy in the match thread when he has actually run further than anybody else in the squad this season.

Where's that stat come from? I can't see how he's run further than players who've played probably double his minutes. He rarely finishing a game because he's dead on his feet after 60. I thought Dom was way out ahead of everyone on all those types of stats, running , pressing and all that stuff. 

• 3 months later...

Didn't see the game today as I'm on nights and didn't get up in time. I get that overall it was a shitshow but hearing people say Gravenberch had a decent game, did he?. 

Was he playing more advanced?. 

Thought he was good yesterday. There is a player in there, its whether we can get it out of him consistently. 

About to turn 22, time is on his side but I would have hoped to see a little more by now.

He showed us everything about him when he had a ball played into him in the 6 yard box that he could have controlled, turned, read a paper and then slotted. Instead he tried the gayest fucking flick imaginable instead. 

Another expensive misfit who we’ll never miss. 

Out the door asap

I'm generally on the "he's useless" side, but he's winning me over a tiny bit. He does stuff in matches that's exciting.  

I don't think we need him and Jones, though. They aren't different enough and they're close to the same age. We might as well get rid of one of them.

On 28/04/2024 at 02:39, Lee909 said:

Didn't see the game today as I'm on nights and didn't get up in time. I get that overall it was a shitshow but hearing people say Gravenberch had a decent game, did he?. 

Was he playing more advanced?. 

yep, like a 14 year old as opposed to 8 previously