You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves, FA Cup, 7th Jan

Bob

5 hours ago, Red Shift said:

Klopp in the presser: “High line, low line…whatever system you play, you have to win challenges”

Start by getting rid of the two gutless wonders in midfield.  I’ve more faith in Keita making a challenge than Henderson and Fabinho.

Keita has looked decent when he's came on as a sub in the last few matches. We all know he's made of crisps but he shows for the ball and carries it well, another threat in and around the box.

However, watch him when teams are breaking on us. Not sure whether he's another one who's just unbelievably slow or whether he's just not interested in doing the donkey work, but he just does not defend.

15 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

The cry-arsing by the fans of no mark teams on these FaceAIDS "banter" groups is tremendous. The big piss-boiler is the offside goal for them. Showing angles that aren't in line with the actual phase of play and claiming corruption.

Up the fucking piss-boiling Reds.

I've missed us being the piss boiling Reds it was great reading fan sites bitching and crying about how we'll run away with this, that and the other refs love us VAR favours us they are all on PEDS all that, now they just take the piss instead ,this midfield needs putting out to pasture ready to cross the rainbow bridge not being put on a premier league football pitch every week.

Jurgen and his backroom team have alot of big decisions to make if they don't/ can't make them then maybe Jurgen needs to make a decision regarding them, I really want Klopp as manager by the way but he does need to start being held accountable for the shit show that is our midfield and if he's got his hands tied by others then throw them under the bus for a change.

9 hours ago, LFC 6 Times said:

We’re an absolute mess as the moment. Need a massive rethink and restructure because we’re going no where fast.

I'm not convinced it's that complicated.

We need a midfield that does its job - that protects the defence and keeps the attackers on the front foot. Fix that and everything else falls into place.

2 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

We need a midfield that does its job - that protects the defence and keeps the attackers on the front foot. Fix that and everything else falls into place.

Agree. In a couple of matches lately there has been a significant improvement to our pressing after Keita came on. 

One single player making a difference, a player with clear limitations and a player that obviously must be a very long way from his best form, tells you that a couple of signings of quality midfielders that can being intensity, pressing and winning challenges and second ball could completely transform the team. We need 3-4 of them at least probably to get a decent squad in place, but 2 or even 1 would have an instant effect.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Agree. In a couple of matches lately there has been a significant improvement to our pressing after Keita came on. 

One single player making a difference, a player with clear limitations and a player that obviously must be a very long way from his best form, tells you that a couple of signings of quality midfielders that can being intensity, pressing and winning challenges and second ball could completely transform the team. We need 3-4 of them at least probably to get a decent squad in place, but 2 or even 1 would have an instant effect.

Yep, one ball winning midfielder could be a real tonic. 

Don't think I have ever noticed Lopetegui before  he's a bit special isn't he ? 

He looks like Beau Bridges after a house fire.

While I am loath to be positive about Keita, he actually moves forward and the criticism he is getting for losing the ball a few times is offset to my mind by the fact he had to hold on to it longer than he wanted as no fucker was making any useful runs.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If we never missed Bobby before, when injured (I think we always miss him when he’s out) by god we miss his link up play now. He is absolutely the missing piece and we need his replacement chosen, purchased and trained and we need it yesterday.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

How many of Thiagos tackles are recoveries from him losing the ball. Him being our best midfielder is a really low bar and at the minute he feels like tinted windows on a Fiat Panda.

He is also deceptively slow. He is flattering to deceive and deserves criticism too,but doesnt get it because he's easy on the eye.

3 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

He is also deceptively slow. He is flattering to deceive and deserves criticism too,but doesnt get it because he's easy on the eye.

if you think he doesn't get criticism, you clearly haven't been reading any of the match or midfield threads.  All players deserve criticism, including the goalkeeper, but you have to give some praise out when someone is actually trying to do something about it.  He's the only one of that midfield doing so.