You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liz fucking Truss then.....

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Captain Willard said:

They’ve realised they didn’t have the Mp numbers to pass the bill in the house next week. Democracy in action I suppose. A dreadful start to her Premiership though, the sharks will scent blood now. 

It was doomed as soon as you met her and thought she was amiable.

(Not really your fault, she's always been shit).

3 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Chris Philp squirming on Sky News about putting the plan together for the 45p tax rate cut at the moment.

Burleys a cunt but she can be an excellent interviewer when shes got a politician on the ropes. She's going to leave Philips with a brain tumour here.

1 hour ago, skend04 said:

Going to U-turn on the 45p top rate of tax cut. After saying she was 100% committed to it. The fucking frauds.

It's quite amusing considering it was about the only straight answer she gave kunsberg yesterday. I'm disappointed though as I was looking forward to some real blue on blue action this week. 

56 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Kwateng’s mates made their money so it’s all good.

Indeed. And in actual fact all it has done is shut up the plebs. I don't see how it will improve the markets really as it was a small part of an uncosted budget and it being uncosted was the big issue for them. Unless of course they're going to u-turn on that too to and release the plan quickly. 

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

This is the first morning I've ever been chilly in my own house but decided against putting the heating on because it feels like a last resort and an extravagance.  What a time to be alive.

We've been chilly for a couple of days lately, heating has gone on for an hour or two here and there, but we are very aware of our energy usage, and we haven't really been like that before.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Burleys a cunt but she can be an excellent interviewer when shes got a politician on the ropes. She's going to leave Philips with a brain tumour here.

Its quite something isnt it ? We saw Piers Morgan holding Torys to account with his line of questioning during the pandemic.  Burley is clearly capable of doing the same.  Really emphasises the sway the media has. Tory Laura went in harder on Truss than I thought she was but gave Reeves a grilling. I hate all this theoretical stuff - Labour support for fuel would end after 6 months and what would they do next, without taking into account what would need to happen pretty quickly for these to even come relevant debate.