You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dont Pay, Energy bills mass action?

dockers_strike

3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Is it true we give the go ahead for a nuclear power plant to EDF who the French have decided to renationalise so its another thing alongside side other energy or public travel that we pay towards a foreign nation who use it to subsidise their own peoples bills and then we are left with the clear up. Can we do anything in this country, have we really lost all our skills and knowledge to do anything.

I'm sure the French own Arriva and the Germans own stagecoach or some shit. The government have no problem with things being state run, as long as it's not our state.

15 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I can see some value in generation being in government hands, but how good are governments at raising capital and managing massive infrastructure projects?  Not just one, but hundreds?  

The govt can pay for it themselves, they had no problem spunking billions out to their mates for dodgy covid related deals.

Finally it’s a tough message but use less energy.  We ALL waste it, heating on too high, lights left on, hair straighteners and kettles used all the time.  

Amen to that. Seem to spend half my time turning lights off after the wife and kiddoe.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Fucking hell - your tedious stories lead me to believe you’re well off.  New cars every year, senior jobs in whatever it was you were doing before you retired, the financial advisor, in fact I even think you said you can afford to pay the balance! I can only know this stuff because you tell us!!!

New cars every year? I wish. I did waste a lot of money on cars since I bought my first new one, an Alfasud that rusted to fuck back in 1978.

Senior jobs? Yeah, I got to HEO level in the civil service before resigning and becoming a self employed contractor.

Are you sure you're 50 years old? Got another hard on, I see!

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

The govt can pay for it themselves, they had no problem spunking billions out to their mates for dodgy covid related deals.

Amen to that. Seem to spend half my time turning lights off after the wife and kiddoe.

Nadine Dorries - Energy Minister.  Lights out would really mean lights out. 

5 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

New cars every year? I wish. I did waste a lot of money on cars since I bought my first new one, an Alfasud that rusted to fuck back in 1978.

Senior jobs? Yeah, I got to HEO level in the civil service before resigning and becoming a self employed contractor.

Are you sure you're 50 years old? Got another hard on, I see!

I mean why would I think this?

t's fucking mental the money I spent on cars. Last one I had was over 500 sheets a month, got a good price for it when I sold it as I wasnt letting the manufacturer get a low miler in tip top condition so paid the final GMV.

Always had a brand new car since 1978. Even bought the old girl new cars. I look back now and think what a lot of wasted money and should have put more in the stocks and shares ISAs.

6 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I mean why would I think this?

t's fucking mental the money I spent on cars. Last one I had was over 500 sheets a month, got a good price for it when I sold it as I wasnt letting the manufacturer get a low miler in tip top condition so paid the final GMV.

Always had a brand new car since 1978. Even bought the old girl new cars. I look back now and think what a lot of wasted money and should have put more in the stocks and shares ISAs.

Yes, I agree. If I could go back, I wouldnt have bothered buying a new car from about 1997 when I went contracting. Should have put the money into a pension plan that you seem to think I have. Im not sure stocks and shares ISA were about in 97 though.

Id say to anyone who doesnt have a pension plan to get one and to put double in instead of spending it on a new car.

That's ace tracking and retaining of someone's comments though. I think I know who you really are now.

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Yes, I agree. If I could go back, I wouldnt have bothered buying a new car from about 1997 when I went contracting. Should have put the money into a pension plan that you seem to think I have. Im not sure stocks and shares ISA were about in 97 though.

Id say to anyone who doesnt have a pension plan to get one and to put double in instead of spending it on a new car.

I’m quoting you you fucking moron! 

and you said you were in the civil service - that’s a compulsory pension. Jesus. 

1 minute ago, Red_or_Dead said:

You missed out 'gold-plated'!

I’ve no idea what HOE means but I guess he wouldn’t say it unless it’s senior.  So years of paying into a pension at civil service is more than most blokes earn on here. 

Oh my god! You do come across as, well, obsessive. Yes, PCSPS and?

Pointing out your bollocks, which again, is all stuff you post freely, and then half remembering it and searching for it isn’t obsessive it’s pulling you up.   I don’t care if you are rich, good for you.  But don’t try this (your new favourite word) faux man of the people act.  It’s cringe worthy. 

2 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

I’ve no idea what HOE means but I guess he wouldn’t say it unless it’s senior.  So years of paying into a pension at civil service is more than most blokes earn on here. 

Fuck's sake, you prove yourself wrong everytime you post! HEO is middle management in the CS and we're talking that ended in 97.

I guess you didnt know but CS pay had about 15 increments from base. You could check the starting salary level if you wanted but that would blow up your agenda.

And no, my CS pension isnt 'more than most blokes earn on here.' That in itself is a weird claim rico considering you brag about 'sipping champagne in Business class on an A380.'

I bet the ticket for that cost more than what most blokes on here earn in 3 months.

7 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Pointing out your bollocks, which again, is all stuff you post freely, and then half remembering it and searching for it isn’t obsessive it’s pulling you up.   I don’t care if you are rich, good for you.  But don’t try this (your new favourite word) faux man of the people act.  It’s cringe worthy. 

What's cringeworthy rico is your inaccuracies. Me, rich? Only in your wet dreams, Rico. There's only one faux man here Rico and you're it.

Fuck's sake, you prove yourself wrong everytime you post! HEO is middle management in the CS and we're talking that ended in 97.

I guess you didnt know but CS pay had about 15 increments from base. You could check the starting salary level if you wanted but that would blow up your agenda.

And no, my CS pension isnt 'more than most blokes earn on here.' That in itself is a weird claim rico considering you brag about 'sipping champagne in Business class on an A380.'

I bet the ticket for that cost more than what most blokes on here earn in 3 months.

So you got to middle management in the CS, with a gold plated pension that’s sat there for 20 yrs and left to become a contractor for another 20 and are trying to say you aren’t loaded?  Do you live in a parallel universe? 

You also said you always had new cars and even got them for the ‘old girl’. Do you think people can’t read?  

I do earn good money, I’ve always been honest about that. I’m not pretending I don’t. It’s amazing how well paid I am considering I answer phones for BG. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Yeah, it's all the hot air rico generates. If only I could bottle it and sell it!

Ha ha ha - so all this boasting about working on power stations, working with L+G on SMETS1 (they were clueless) at Cheadle wasn’t true then? You weren’t a good contractor?  I might ask about tomorrow - someone will remember you.