You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Robertson: We did not become a bad team overnight

TLW

Andy Robertson says that Liverpool have only themselves to blame as they face a extremely difficult task to retain their Premier League title.

The dismal 1-0 defeat to Brighton on Wednesday was the Reds second consecutive loss at Anfield.

The Reds have now gone four games without a win on their home ground and face the daunting challenge of taking on title favourites Man City on Sunday.

On a average day, that task would be a difficult one, but when you take into account the current form lines of the two respective teams, it seems a monumental challenge.

City will come to Anfield on the back of 13 straight wins in league and domestic cup competitions, a feat that has not been replicated for close to two decades (Arsenal 2002), and have also equaled a club record with six clean sheets on the bounce.

Speaking to the BBC (per the Mirror) after the sobering defeat to the struggling Seagulls courtesy of a Steven Alzate goal, the Left-back said that the team performance has simply not been good enough at their former fortress.

robertson3_600.jpg

“You have to give the other team credit for playing well. They created chances, pressed us – did everything we wanted to do.

“We didn’t really do anything of note. With a long record of going unbeaten we’ve lost two and when you don’t show up you don’t get results.

“We prepare for every game different. It’s just not clicking. We need to find a way to get results, especially at home”

Liverpool have regularly struggled to put away the lower tier sides this season, but their form line against the top echelon clubs has been heartening and Robertson says that they need to feed off that fact ahead of this crunch game.

“Any game against Man City is a big one. As this moment stands, we’re not in the title race."

“We are seven points behind them and they have a game in hand.

“I’m sure they’d say the same if they were potentially 10 points behind. We need to get back to the Liverpool everyone knows.

“We’re still a good team. We don’t turn into a bad team overnight.”

We’re not at the same level, or maybe more accurately not as consistent any more.

It’s a combination of many factors surely, and injuiries and too many changes is definately one of them.

But we now consistently play better and win more games against the better teams than the weaker ones, which for me makes it obvious that mentality is the main factor.

Many of the better teams defend very deep against us as well, Tottenham, United, Leicester, West Ham, Arsenal and also Chelsea in the last game against them. And a few of the weaker teams dont just park the bus, but try to play. Brighton and Fulham are examples of this.

We were the best team in the world a year ago mainly due to our mentality, hunger and desire. This combined with Klopps tactics made us a pressing monster that wouldn’t give the opposition a break. That’s changed now, and we’re less up for it against the weaker teams. Mental fatigue after 2-3 years of going non stop at full throttle is the main problem. 

Injuries

Square pegs in round holes

No fans in the ground

Dubious "refereeing" decisions

Teams working us out

Lack of funds/support from owners

All of the above contributing to a shit sandwich of a season so far. 

Get defenders bedded in and playing in defence and midfielders in midfield for the rest of the season and hopefully get at least top 4. Get back on it next season.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Teams know how to play us and were still in denial. Change the system. Its fucking irrelevant if its what brought us success, things change and you change with them. For the best part of a year we've been hit and miss now and still we are repeating the same tepid shite.

This. It's almost as if there's no plan b. What the fuck is going on?

Comeback Kings, what comeback kings?

Mentality monsters, what mentality monsters?

Gone are the days where we'd turn a result on it's head in our favour.

Where is the belief in this team gone? 

Despite our injuries we should never have to be relying on a reserve keeper to stop us getting embarrassed at home to fucking Brighton.

• Downvote 2

9 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Despite our injuries we should never have to be relying on a reserve keeper to stop us getting embarrassed at home to fucking Brighton.

C- Must try harder.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

D- Must stop obsessing over a poster on a forums page.

E- Must sort my mess of a life out

F- And in desperate need of getting a blowjob or 2.

G- Must stop posting on another teams forum and support your own club

H- Must get a job and some self worth

I- Must stop masturbating over Ole/Pep

• Upvote 1

“I’m sure they’d say the same if they were potentially 10 points behind"

I mentioned it in the match thread. 

2018/19 we were 7 points ahead when we went into the game against them. They ended up winning the league. 

We need to stop feeling sorry for ourselves. 

1 hour ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

G- Must stop posting on another teams forum and support your own club

H- Must get a job and some self worth

I- Must stop masturbating over Ole/Pep

Yeah mate just because TLW isn't my #1 go to forums doesn't mean I'm not a member of another forums being part of that community for over 10 years or anything where luckily the posters there are nothing like the cuntness of you.

And yes I really should get a job, it's been so long and have so many debts to pay off....really don't know how I manage to get through it all.

Uuuhhhhh...When was the last time I mentioned Pep or Ole? More worried about the shambles this club finds itself in.

But carry on with these baseless insults, very original.

You imbecile, you should change your name to literal diarrhea because you can smell the bullshit coming out before you even say it!

5 minutes ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

Yeah mate just because TLW isn't my #1 go to forums doesn't mean I'm not a member of another forums being part of that community for over 10 years or anything where luckily the posters there are nothing like the cuntness of you.

And yes I really should get a job, it's been so long and have so many debts to pay off....really don't know how I manage to get through it all.

Uuuhhhhh...When was the last time I mentioned Pep or Ole? More worried about the shambles this club finds itself in.

You imbecile, you should change your name to literal diarrhea because you can smell the bullshit coming out before you even say it!

5BFD9268-E818-4AC9-83D7-4003E1D6A6C6.gif

• Upvote 2

Bobby, the general and Stig are all spot on here, was it Einstein that said people that keep asking the same question whilst expecting a different answer are dreaming. We haven’t been the same since we won the league. A different approach is needed, to open defences up you need a couple of lads who can take on defenders and beat them, I hate to say it but Suarez would have caused havoc last night.

9 hours ago, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

We? Go to? I thought you'd be quite flush after bashing the bookie each week. 

• Upvote 1

Listening to podcasts they are talking about this like its a small bad patch but we've been hit and miss since the athletico game. I remember we were on for the treble, 100 points and as soon as that slipped its like our belief did too. Weve had plenty of wins where we were poor and losses where we should of won. We haven't been that best side in Europe for a while. The grit and will to win has gone, our heads drop.

On 04/02/2021 at 10:21, TheAllMy-TyReds said:

EkY-XiCXgAE5UfA.jpg:large