You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Greatest Male Solo Artist - 2nd Round - Buddy Holly vs Johnny Cash

Bjornebye

Greatest Male Solo Artist - 2nd Round - Buddy Holly vs Johnny Cash  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Greatest Male Solo Artist - 2nd Round - Buddy Holly vs Johnny Cash

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/10/20 at 14:51

8 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I thought this was going to be like a bye for Cash, but all of a sudden it's close. The tournament keeps springing surprises.

Cash should have the edge for sure but Buddy Holly is a legend and deserves to run it close. 

1 minute ago, Bjornebye said:

Cash should have the edge for sure but Buddy Holly is a legend and deserves to run it close. 

True,, but initially, I would have expected them to have largely overlapping audience, with Cash an obvious choice between the two due to a much longer career.  

Holly is a legend but his career as a singles artists spans 2 albums. He'd likely have gone on to do more but he's up against a great. So it's Cash for me, the prison albums alone would win it for me. Add in the Sun and Rick Rubin albums and it's a obvious choice. 

Just finished this from Audible yesterday. Good stuff

Screenshot_20201029_153822_com.audible.application.jpg