Quantcast
US Election 2020 Thread - Page 241 - GF - General Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

US Election 2020 Thread

For any of you boys who want to ask for a date. Don’t say I never do anything for you.

Dr. Tammy Towers, MD Female • Age 53

7210 Roosevelt Way Ne Seattle, WA 98115

(206) 522-2314

9 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Dr Tammy getting disavowed sharpish.

Hahahaha they are just born liars and fantasists! I bet loads of them are shouting "Boycott Swedish" "Boycott CHI!" in the same way some people shout "anti-semite!" when you disagree with them or call them out for being a cunt. 

48 minutes ago, skaro said:

But instead, they've proved with an unremarkable, middling, status quo, careerist (who's been in the elitist circle for decades and was VP immediately before Trump) that Trump would beat himself in 4 years, and we can all go back to normal.

Which is a much better result for globalisation, Wall St etc...

The result was an awful lot closer than it should have been. Biden was up against a lunatic who advised Americans to inject bleach.

2 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The result was an awful lot closer than it should have been. Biden was up against a lunatic who advised Americans to inject bleach.

Yes, strange things happen when people vote.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be right :

1. "The Dems are back!" *Rio Ferdinand rubbing hands together gif*

2. New domestic terror law.

3. Four years of Biden continues the exact same setting that led to Trump.

4. Eventually some other Republican idiot becomes president.

5. Eventually Antifa and BLM have new reasons to riot.

6. Antifa and BLM riot in various parts of the US.

7. Go to step 2.

8. Statement from Dems : "We never intended for it to be abused like this."

9. Republicans : "5D chess innit."

10. Some of the left : "We warned you, you didn't listen."

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Parler won't be "getting their own servers" anytime soon. The sheer work involved in moving a cloud hosted service into a bare metal stack is unbelievable and unachievable in a short space of time. Even if they had a very capable team it could take at least 6 months for purchase, installation and configuration of the kit, signing of support contracts, hiring staff with hardware skills etc. They'd also have to purchase an IP range for private use off an ISP, who will likely now go the way of AWS and tell them to fuck off. 

Their most likely option is to move to another cloud provider who doesn't mind the bile the site produces. This could be tricky. They'll likely end up hosting in Russia, Belarus, Ukraine etc. They could be offline for some time. 

Looks like they are going with Epik. 

https://mashable.com/article/parler-domain-name-epik/?europe=true

2 hours ago, Anubis said:

Catch of the day, ladies.

ErgO4rNVQAIlbIo?format=jpg&name=large

I've been saying this for some time

That guy just gets it

Is it any coincidence that women were first given the vote in 1918 which just so happened to be the same year as the last global pandemic?

Also, in 1918 we still had a massive fuck off Empire and with women being given the vote that's all been thrown away

31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

There is no question he is gay.

No, mate, he's just re-taken his throne

Not quite sure what that means but it sounds impressive 

11 hours ago, Audrey Witherspoon said:

the problem with behemoths including Amazon, FB, Paypal etc is that they are more powerful than nation states, the need to be cut down and have regulations applied, but they are now so heavily integrated politically this is unlikely to  happen, and they will continue to have such behind the curtain power into the future, why put yourself out front when you can achieve so much pulling strings - the Murdoch way.

From a technical perspective with regards cloud providers - the data is safe, everything probably was partitioned and separated from other client (for such a big app), the problem was that the application they built onto of the cloud was insecure, that is not the problem of Amazon, that issue lies with the software devs, they left the holes for the hackers to get in. 

I can build a house and put locks on all the doors and windows, top spec alarm system, Rottweiler in the garden, but if you leave your wifi unsecured, some dickhead can still drive past, hack your operating system and gain access to all of your data

If people start pushing back then as per @Bruce Spanner supporting this legitimises their actions, you cannot say it is wrong for group a to push back but ok for group b to push back.

And this isn't false equivalency, it's basic fucking sense. Some of these QAnon and Trumpo wankers believe their truth just as much as people on the other believe theirs, how can they not see the truth etc - all of the same arguments from both sides and what one uses as ammunition the other uses as defence.

The people are not the problem, the system is the problem, and the system will not change, as it doesn't want to, the people pulling the strings do not want it to, and they hold far more sway and influence than any politician, party, association or celebrity - Tom Jones couldn't rescue this shit.

The chances were spurned the UK and US as Bernie and Corby were jettisoned, that was a major signal of, we'll all carry on regardless.

AWS may not be abusing their monopoly position in these circumstances, I agree, they do in plenty of other circumstances however.

Tech companies defy need to be broken up, or we (in the west) are basically living under the 7 kingdoms due to the capital and influence (both politically and at the individual level) they hold:

Amazon, Facebook, Twitter, Alphabet, MS and Apple, Paypal

I don't disagree something needs to be done. They don't just have a dominant position in a certain part of tech, they pretty much dominate that, our online retailing (which on this pandemic means retailing), our communication systems and they know where we are and what we're up to 24/7. I would break them all up. But it will need global cooperation to do this. We also need to consider how these "soft" products are taxed. 

4 hours ago, redheart said:

So what would you do if you found that your GP went to storm the Capitol and believed all that Q bullshit?

Obviously you would change GP.

Still probably would mind

ErOibWqVEAAFqF1?format=jpg&name=medium

You still would though wouldn't you? 

40 minutes ago, mattyq said:

No, mate, he's just re-taken his throne

I'd be shitting myself too if I had put a bullseye on my back with every woman in the universe.

23 minutes ago, Anubis said:

You can just imagine the Tweets we’d be getting right now.

Shows how fucked up the US is when McCarthy is defending the commies

2 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Risitas is back. This guy's laugh is more infectious than Covid.

Haha I was just done watching it and scurried over to post it here.

11 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Gay people don't hate women, they just don't fancy them.

He sounds more like an incel, not sure what gay has to do with it.

Going off the picture in his avatar.

No straight man looks that good.

8 hours ago, redheart said:

So what would you do if you found that your GP went to storm the Capitol and believed all that Q bullshit?

Obviously you would change GP.

Still probably would mind

ErOibWqVEAAFqF1?format=jpg&name=medium

Imagine if you're feeling a bit off, so you go to your doctor for her expert, science-based opinion - and she's wearing a massive sparkly Q badge!