You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Everton (A) - Premier League - 17/10/20 - 12:30

Bjornebye

I reckon the 'think they're it' will apply far more to the fans, than the players, with, as Skaro said, Ancelotti probably not allowing them think like that. That's not to say he won't have taken some things from the Villa game and send them out with some balance of confidence and caution. There shouldn't be any thoughts of 'we've got this', but if there is, there's nobody better than our lads to shove that right up their arses.

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Apparently Mina limped out of Columbia’s training on Monday or yesterday. He didn’t play last night. 

I bet somehow thats our fault. 

The last time I was this nervous about a Derby (part from when we wheeled the kids out in prams last season) was when we beat them 4 nil in 2014. Was it a Monday or Tuesday? Defo a night game. For some reason I thought we were gonna lose and we should have won about 6/7 nil. Didn't Sturridge miss a pen for his hat-trick? We took the piss out of them that night. 

25 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I bet somehow thats our fault. 

The last time I was this nervous about a Derby (part from when we wheeled the kids out in prams last season) was when we beat them 4 nil in 2014. Was it a Monday or Tuesday? Defo a night game. For some reason I thought we were gonna lose and we should have won about 6/7 nil. Didn't Sturridge miss a pen for his hat-trick? We took the piss out of them that night. 

The night that Tony Bellew fucked off home after about an hour.

The Park was bouncing that night.

"Alley alley alley o-oh!

Everton FC

That was too easy"

• Upvote 1

Think we need Gomez' pace against DCL and Richarlison (especially if we play our normal pressing game eith Robbo and Trent high up the pitch). Don,'t understand the fascination with putting Fab back there. Weakens our midfield positioning on the counter, as well as exposing Fab's only real weakness. 

Gomez has been rusty since the restart, I'm sure it's better for our team balance if he plays through his rustiness though. If Vvd raises his game a notch or two, I'm certain Gomez will look better again too.

Fully expect us to play this lineup if the Brazilians are back in time.

‐----------------Adrian---------------

Trent---Gomez-Vvd---Robbo

Hendo----Fab-----Wijnaldum

Salah----Firmino---Mane

If not, then Thiago in for Fab and Jota in for Bobby. I'm only worried about two things, Adrian and the form of DCL. He's a handful, and if Oliver allows a bit of physical play, Adrian and our CB's are in for an uncomfortable game...

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, lebron said:

If not, then Thiago in for Fab and Jota in for Bobby. I'm only worried about two things, Adrian and the form of DCL. He's a handful, and if Oliver allows a bit of physical play, Adrian and our CB's are in for an uncomfortable game...

Calvert-Lewin is physical alright until you breathe on him.

13 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

@Dougie Do'ins and I will never let the missed opportunity lie.

The Villa game really has kind of knocked my confidence in us which is massively unfair after all they have achieved they've earnt a bad day now and then, I guess it was just the nature of it we were absolutely bummed. My worry with this game is if we play like Alisson is in goal, we need to be practical, limit Adrian's involvement as much as possible. The highline with Rodriguez through balls whilst Adrian doesn't leave his 6 yard box makes me nervous.

The international break is good and bad. Time for the likes of Mane to return but no training time for players after the Villa fiasco. Everton are full of beans and were recovering from a sucker punch. I think this game is massive not so much because of it being Everton thats just the killer blow but because of how we react to the villa game. I hate these games at the best of times.

Really wish there was a full crowd in for this.

The bitters would be so up for it and so giddy that they would demand they attacked us and hard and we'd bum them dead hard as players lost head and shape and took risks/got sucked in to taking us on and taking game to us.

With no crowd they'll be much more conservative and organised (even down to Ancelotti being able to get his instructions across easier) and Ancelotti has shown he can set up a team to really nullify us.