You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football - 2020/21

WhiskeyJar

Got to buzz off this one season wonders stuff. You win the league and because you don't retain it the following year its considered a joke or that's it your done forever. Really what percentage of teams in the country win the top league. Also one season wonders with 19 league titles and 6 European cups. If only we were as successful as others in England. 

4 hours ago, Elite said:

There is no doubt that Bale is taking the piss out of professional football and all the fans, particularly at Tottenham. He's a disgrace.

I actually enjoyed his piss taking in Madrid as he was clearly feeling badly treated by the Spanish media, fans and Zidane so wound them up. I thought he had a point.

But why he’d do it with a club he’s supposed to care about I don’t know. He looks like he generally couldn’t care less and it is a disgrace. Too much money often has this effect, see Sanchez, Sturridge, Kewell.

18 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

I actually enjoyed his piss taking in Madrid as he was clearly feeling badly treated by the Spanish media, fans and Zidane so wound them up. I thought he had a point.

But why he’d do it with a club he’s supposed to care about I don’t know. He looks like he generally couldn’t care less and it is a disgrace. Too much money often has this effect, see Sanchez, Sturridge, Kewell.

I reckon once people develop that attitude, just doing enough, stuck in a rut or whatever people want to call it, it's not easy to get out of it. Anyone with a 'couldnt really give a fuck' attitude needs to think deeply before they ride that train. It might not stop when they want.

2 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I reckon once people develop that attitude, just doing enough, stuck in a rut or whatever people want to call it, it's not easy to get out of it. Anyone with a 'couldnt really give a fuck' attitude needs to think deeply before they ride that train. It might not stop when they want.

That’s a good point. He’s coasting, he owns his own golf course, that hunger has gone. A young defender with half his talent but who lives for the game will easily come out on top.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

Got to buzz off this one season wonders stuff. You win the league and because you don't retain it the following year its considered a joke or that's it your done forever. Really what percentage of teams in the country win the top league. Also one season wonders with 19 league titles and 6 European cups. If only we were as successful as others in England. 

It’s like when you ‘bottle’ it with 97pts! Country’s full of bad bellends.

18 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

I think Liverpool bashing has become a national pastime now.

My favourite Shankly quote; My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in.

Winning now feels like a big fuck you to this country. Love Klopp for scaring the fuck out of them all again.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

My favourite Shankly quote; My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in.

Winning now feels like a big fuck you to this country. Love Klopp for scaring the fuck out of them all again.

Still get the self pity shite, even off so called celebrities.

5 minutes ago, Halcyon Days said:

You have people who proclaim to hate scousers and the city without even coming here or meeting one of it's inhabitants. 

Just now, Halcyon Days said:

Weird isn’t it, what do they actually mean?

It’s like the ‘Unbearables’ bollocks. Unbearable for little England nob heads whose banter reality has caved in.

Yep. Let's go on about Liverpool being shit for years, play the Gerrard slip on a loop forever because they never won the league after it changed its name.

Liverpool win the league "oh fucking hell they wont Shut up about it"

• Upvote 1

The reason the rest of the country don’t like Liverpool (the city and its inhabitants) is that we will stand together for the most part, answer back and not just take being shafted up the arse. They may whine a bit in private, but ultimately take whatever shafting they get. Then they see us stick up for ourselves and they are envious, so hit out at us. Just look at the stick we got from Chelsea fans for taking a banner to support Justice For Grenfell. They should have been joining in with us and singing in support of people killed or devastated by a local tragedy, but instead they were having a go at us.

We are the only fans who get down or annoyed when we get beat or are in bad form.. that is if you ignore every other fanbase in world football. Have they ever seen Arsenal Fan TV for example have they listened to united fans Since Ferguson left, maybe spurs or Chelsea every other year. Listen to Man City last year wanting Pep out. We know where the self pity label comes from and the type of cunts who use it.

7 minutes ago, Anubis said:

The reason the rest of the country don’t like Liverpool (the city and its inhabitants) is that we will stand together for the most part, answer back and not just take being shafted up the arse. They may whine a bit in private, but ultimately take whatever shafting they get. Then they see us stick up for ourselves and they are envious, so hit out at us. Just look at the stick we got from Chelsea fans for taking a banner to support Justice For Grenfell. They should have been joining in with us and singing in support of people killed or devastated by a local tragedy, but instead they were having a go at us.

What?!
Edit I know what your saying but they had a go at us? That’s unbelievable