You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Thiago Alcantara

Elite

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Superb if we get him 

Liverpool Echo have their ears to the ground and there is something they are picking up...

LegitimateHugeIchidna-max-1mb.gif

Guest Alex_K

As soon as Rummenige called us out I thought there was too much smoke to this fire. It’s not their style to name check clubs like that. Bayern were pretty transparent about the fact he wanted to go. May not happen of course with the spendthrift owners but we’ve clearly been after him.

42 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

He didnt celebrate his goal at all last night. Hope he stays as he's a very important member of the squad.

I thought he punched the air and then checked himself waiting to see if it was ruled out by VAR. 

I’d love him to stay but I wonder if it’s going to come down to wages. He’s seen everyone else sign long term contracts and he’s on a fair whack less than his contemporaries within the squad. 

I could definitely see Barca coming in for him in the summer hoping to get him on the cheap. 

Guest Alex_K

Wijnaldum is a wonderful, excellent player. He’s also one who has spent years now playing in a pretty set system. Not sure it would be to his benefit to move to another club. 

7 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I thought he punched the air and then checked himself waiting to see if it was ruled out by VAR. 

I’d love him to stay but I wonder if it’s going to come down to wages. He’s seen everyone else sign long term contracts and he’s on a fair whack less than his contemporaries within the squad. 

I could definitely see Barca coming in for him in the summer hoping to get him on the cheap. 

We don't let anyone go cheap even with just 12 months left on the contracts we showed that with Can. And we want 10m for lovren! If Gini leaves, we will almost certainly expect something similar to the fee Bayern want for thiago. 

12 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

We don't let anyone go cheap even with just 12 months left on the contracts we showed that with Can. And we want 10m for lovren! If Gini leaves, we will almost certainly expect something similar to the fee Bayern want for thiago. 

Agreed. 

But in the grand scheme of things Gini for £30/35m is cheap and he’d improve that Barca midfield straight away. 

Hopefully we don’t fuck ourselves over and offer him a salary he wants to stay for. 

Reading some people think Gini might be off last night. I hope not but might be the reason this could happen with Gini contract needing renewed. 

Didn't really notice anything wrong with him last night after the goal and he was all smiles when Sadio was streaming from the dressing room post game

15 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Agreed. 

But in the grand scheme of things Gini for £30/35m is cheap and he’d improve that Barca midfield straight away. 

Hopefully we don’t fuck ourselves over and offer him a salary he wants to stay for. 

I'd be shocked though if we bought thiago without finding a way to fund it. Maybe shifting lovren for 10m and getting his and lallanas wages off the wage bill will be enough? 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

He didnt celebrate his goal at all last night. Hope he stays as he's a very important member of the squad.

He actually did. He made the Gini strong man pose with a huge smile on his face. Not sure it was on the live cam, but in the halftime studio on Daninsh TV you could see him do it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

He's seemed pretty chuffed when Naby scored, as he was the first to congratulate him.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I'd be shocked though if we bought thiago without finding a way to fund it. Maybe shifting lovren for 10m and getting his and lallanas wages off the wage bill will be enough? 

I'd hope its not Gini. Did wonder last week if Milner moving with Leeds promotion, would free up the wages

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

I don’t expect it for a second. 

But, if these rumours are gathering genuine pace then that’s the likely outcome.