You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Keir Starmer

rb14

Streeting was on that stupid new scum TV channel with Harry Cole the other day chuckling about being more suited to the tory party rather than his time in a Labour party lead by Jeremy Corbyn. Oh how they giggled like old besties.

I like Frances Ryan. What she fails to address is the paper's falling circulation. Just under 4 million in the 80s & 90s to little more than a million now. Plus many believe one of the reasons for backing Blair in 96 is Murdoch could see the Tories were going to lose so jumped sides for leverage and to be seen to still possess influence. Murdoch needs to be on the side thats winning. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/apr/12/starmer-tory-voters-the-sun-coup-selling-out?s=09

Seems that Frances Ryan article has upset a few within Labour. Step forward the party's resident idiot Luke Akehurst. It appears the Guardians a bit to far left now and the supersoreaway is where its at. 

He really is a fucking clown. She's one of the country's leading disability campaigners. How the fuck Akehurst has never heard of her tells its own story and for once I actually believe him. A few in the current Labour Party are so obsessed with Israel and Murdoch nothing or no one else matters. 

I note he doesn't discuss the specific points she makes. It's a strategy to try diminish the person to take the focus from the argument.  Frances Ryan is a good egg, she's worth a hundred Luke Akehursts and a million Rupert Murdochs.

5 hours ago, Arniepie said:

Laughable. I believe the top Manc cop is a brother with an ex Tory cabinet minister. Ridiculous waste of police resources. 1500 quid ten years ago. When you consider PPE, Michelle Mone etc this really is a joke. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, polymerpunkah said:

How big was the loan guarantee that fellow arranged for Johnson in return for making him head of BBC? 800k?

Graft, plain and simple.

I'd love to know the terms of that deal.

Johnson,  despite pleading poverty when leaving Number 10 soon found the cash to buy a country pile. No explanation given, no explanation sought.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/radio/presenters/rachel-johnson/boris-and-carrie-dont-even-have-a-salad-bowl/

This kind of sums up my position on labour being nowhere as bad as the Tories.

Consider that for years the right wing press and all their moneyed shithousery have been trying to gather kompromat on them, and all they can manage is 'currygate' and this horseshit.

Yes they're leaning right on some shit, but the Tories aren't learning right, they're thieving gangsters who'd set your family on fire for a quid.

There's absolutely no comparison, at all.

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

This kind of sums up my position on labour being nowhere as bad as the Tories.

Consider that for years the right wing press and all their moneyed shithousery have been trying to gather kompromat on them, and all they can manage is 'currygate' and this horseshit.

Yes they're leaning right on some shit, but the Tories aren't learning right, they're thieving gangsters who'd set your family on fire for a quid.

There's absolutely no comparison, at all.

That's all true but it's the policies that many people compere and those policies have the potential to change lives for the better and shape a more progressive Britain. If Labours policies are the same or similar ss the tory policies that have failed and failed and failed again it's perfectly resonable for people to ask the question why? Why continue to pursue the same path/,policies that have failed the country before.

6 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

That's all true but it's the policies that many people compere and those policies have the potential to change lives for the better and shape a more progressive Britain. If Labours policies are the same or similar ss the tory policies that have failed and failed and failed again it's perfectly resonable for people to ask the question why? Why continue to pursue the same path/,policies that have failed the country before.

The worst Labour government will always be better than the greatest tory government no matter what. 

So this Tory gobshite is obviously shit stirring by insisting on Raynor being investigated,  I'm just putting this out there what's stopping a member of the public making all kind of valid complaints about all this corruption in the Tory Party and getting the police to investigate them .

Could you do that? I'm guessing this is a question for someone like @Anubis