You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus could prevent Liverpool from winning the Premier League title

Baltar

Imagine the celebrations if they void this season and we win it next season anyway. 

If it is video I hope we take it with dignity. The laughing cunts wont expect it and it will be the only way to wind them up. 

"Hahahahaha youse didn't even win it hahahaha 30 years haha"

"It was the right decision. Lives are more important."

"but but.... you were 25 points clear you only needed to win 2 games haha and youse couldn't even do that hahaha slipped on his fuckin arse haha"

"Its not important. We understand it and we are looking forward to trying again next year"

"aaarrrggghhhhhh meerrrddeerrerrrsssss fucking norwegian wool dj punching murdering cunts!!!!" 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Imagine the celebrations if they void this season and we win it next season anyway. 

If it is video I hope we take it with dignity. The laughing cunts wont expect it and it will be the only way to wind them up. 

"Hahahahaha youse didn't even win it hahahaha 30 years haha"

"It was the right decision. Lives are more important."

"but but.... you were 25 points clear you only needed to win 2 games haha and youse couldn't even do that hahaha slipped on his fuckin arse haha"

"Its not important. We understand it and we are looking forward to trying again next year"

"aaarrrggghhhhhh meerrrddeerrerrrsssss fucking norwegian wool dj punching murdering cunts!!!!" 

I think it's massively unlikely that we'll win it next year in the event this one is voided. Mentally, it would be an almighty hammer blow after how close we came last season, and that's not something that would just be shaken off. City won't be this far off the pace ever again under Guardiola, so a distant second ahead of Man Utd's limitless spending would represent real success in a hypothetical next season under those circumstances.

With that said, I'm fucking football off entirely if it's voided to ensure the new season can begin on time; what sort of masochistic moron would get invested in another campaign knowing that it could well be scrapped at the drop of a hat to make way for some imaginary horseshit that hasn't even started? 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 6

11 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I think it's massively unlikely that we'll win it next year in the event this one is voided. Mentally, it would be an almighty hammer blow after how close we came last season, and that's not something that would just be shaken off. City won't be this far off the pace ever again under Guardiola, so a distant second ahead of Man Utd's limitless spending would represent real success in a hypothetical next season under those circumstances.

With that said, I'm fucking football off entirely if it's voided to ensure the new season can begin on time; what sort of masochistic moron would get invested in another campaign knowing that it could well be scrapped at the drop of a hat to make way for some imaginary horseshit that hasn't even started? 

You'd give coronavirus a fucking headache 

I see Fat Head and former Hammer boss also thinks it should be voided....
I guess the best way for Sky and TalkShite to get any sort of  exposure is to speak to ex-pro , manager and get them to say cancel last season and have a phone poll about it. 
What’s strange is they make out lives are more important than the season being finished and and yet it doesn’t stop them talking about it on a daily basis .

it was Cole and Plug yesterday Fat Sam today god knows who tomorrow, the Premier League made a decision last week so shouldn’t that be enough for now? These type of twats are the ones using this shitty virus to score petty points for their won former clubs agendas

I've got a big fear that we should stop the season and look to start again next season," the former Bolton, Newcastle and Everton manager told Sky Sports News.

"I don't know how you can finish a season with everything that's going on in terms of the NHS, how strained it is, and everybody needing to stay safe in their own homes.

"I think it's the way it has escalated into such a difficult period for the whole world and, particularly, for our country, how rapidly this virus is spreading and how many lives it looks like it is going to take, and because the only way we can stop it is by isolating."

It'll be very sad for a lot of teams," added Allardyce. "In the Premier League, there's Liverpool, who have had such a fantastic season but lives matter and nothing takes precedence over that."

So I guess for Sam people dying May, June and July isn't great but as long as we kick off on August 8th things will be fine again.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11962855/sam-allardyce-feels-for-liverpool-but-thinks-premier-league-season-wont-finish

20 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I guess the best way for Sky and TalkShite to get any sort of  exposure is to speak to ex-pro , manager and get them to say cancel last season and have a phone poll about it. 
What’s strange is they make out lives are more important than the season being finished and and yet it doesn’t stop them talking about it on a daily basis .

it was Cole and Plug yesterday Fat Sam today god knows who tomorrow, the Premier League made a decision last week so shouldn’t that be enough for now? These type of twats are the ones using this shitty virus to score petty points for their won former clubs agendas

I've got a big fear that we should stop the season and look to start again next season," the former Bolton, Newcastle and Everton manager told Sky Sports News.

"I don't know how you can finish a season with everything that's going on in terms of the NHS, how strained it is, and everybody needing to stay safe in their own homes.

"I think it's the way it has escalated into such a difficult period for the whole world and, particularly, for our country, how rapidly this virus is spreading and how many lives it looks like it is going to take, and because the only way we can stop it is by isolating."

It'll be very sad for a lot of teams," added Allardyce. "In the Premier League, there's Liverpool, who have had such a fantastic season but lives matter and nothing takes precedence over that."

So I guess for Sam people dying May, June and July isn't great but as long as we kick off on August 8th things will be fine again.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11962855/sam-allardyce-feels-for-liverpool-but-thinks-premier-league-season-wont-finish

Yep.

"I don't know how you can finish a season with everything that's going on in terms of the NHS, how strained it is, and everybody needing to stay safe in their own homes."

So how the fuck does it make it better just to start a new one? If things are the same in August, then that won't be possible. If they're improved, then spend a couple of months to finish it off.

32 minutes ago, Stickman said:

The cunts peddling this bullshit would doubtless claim that finishing this season on August 7th would cause the collapse of the NHS. 

I think it's the way it has escalated into such a difficult period for the whole world and, particularly, for our country, how rapidly this virus is spreading and how many lives it looks like it is going to take, and because the only way we can stop it is by isolating."

It'll be very sad for a lot of teams," added Allardyce. "Let's face it, it's more important to wind up a load of Liverpool fans and get ratings off it as well as sucking up to all the bellends who support Everton, the two Manc clubs and Chelsea.  So they ring in and talk utter shit to some fat cunt called Alan Brazil and share it on social media"

1 hour ago, Stickman said:

Why is it none of these cunts ever stop to think about European leagues and the impact on English clubs if our season is 'voided' but all the others restart? Dont they stop and think for a minute, well, what about the health services in other countries? How do they think UEFA is going to make an exception for English clubs to play in the CL and EL if the PL season isnt finished but everyone else's is?

Do they just think UEFA will accept the previous season's clubs should just be nodded through to playing in the same competitions next season? There's loads of questions I can think of never mind do these twats think Sky and BT will not impose penalties on the PL ie the clubs themselves if, the PL isnt finished?

It seems everyone who wants to say 'void the season' is being given free reign and no agenda but, if you have anyone associate with Liverpool saying end the season, we've vested interests. That, despite all 20 PL clubs being committed to finishing the season.

The season will be completed and we will be champions. It might be well in to June, but it will start. They have made the decision to complete it regardless of what the likes of Joe Fucking Cole says.

Next season, they might need to be creative like get rid of the league cup.

The country is going to go through a lot of pain in the coming weeks and rightly or wrongly football even if played behind closed doors may give us some kind of a boost. People like my parents who are in their 90s would be given a massive boost seeing us win the league. If we are in a lockdown, it will give people something to look forward to. 

Some more good news:

Widnes Vikings players joined staff from Liverpool FC’s Foundation to help distribute personal protective equipment (PPE) to social care workers across Merseyside, boosting one charity’s ability to deal with the coronavirus outbreak.

While this week the Army has been enlisted to help deliver protective gear to the National Health Service, the two clubs have come together to get items out to Community Integrated Care’s frontline staff.

John Hughes, a director at the charity, said the help was “vitally important”.

“For these two organisations to come in and lend a hand as quickly as they did was fantastic,” Hughes added.

“To have the Liverpool FC Foundation, the official charity of one of the biggest football clubs in our community and world for that matter, and an iconic local rugby league club both turn up to our Merseyside office and help sort and distribute these items was unbelievable. “The Liverpool FC and Widnes Vikings brands mean so much in these local communities, so to see them showing their support for our charity and the social care sector at this difficult time has given everyone a much-needed boost.”

A fresh supply of PPE - including face masks, gloves, hand sanitiser and aprons - arrived at Community Integrated Care’s Liverpool base early on Monday and by midday the charitable Foundation staff of six-time European champions Liverpool had packed items for region-wide distribution.

Widnes Vikings players Jay and Ted Chapelhow, who both also work with the Championship rugby league club's own foundation, then joined the supply chain to directly deliver packs to care services around their local area. The brothers are also very familiar to Community Integrated Care as ambassadors for them and have been involved with coaching the Vikings’ Learning Disability Super League side - a team that plays in a competition run by the charity.

Hughes, the charity’s director of partnerships and communities, said the assistance relieved their local managers and frontline carers - which supports some of those most at risk during the pandemic - of an extra burden. Community Integrated Care provides care and support for people who have learning disabilities, autism and mental health concerns, as well as people living with dementia, nationally. They are one of the largest care providers in the Liverpool City Region.

“Both organisations recognised how challenging the coronavirus situation would be for us and the wider social care sector. It meant a lot for them to proactively approach us to ask what they could do to help our workforce and the people we support, without seeking any recognition or publicity,” Hughes told BBC Sport.

“This coronavirus pandemic is clearly a really challenging issue for the social care sector and has increased the complexity and volume of work that we need to deliver. We want to ensure that our frontline colleagues can continue to focus on the things they need to do, which is providing great care and support and managing our services.

"To have both Liverpool FC Foundation and Widnes Vikings take on such a time consuming and important task, enabling our teams to concentrate on all of their other essential work, was vital. It’s even more heartening that they want to continue to find ways to show us support.

“The social care sector has an absolutely essential role to play in keeping many of the people who could be most impacted by coronavirus safe and well throughout this crisis.”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52023449

• Upvote 1

If they do void it I'll be done with football altogether. Cant be arsed putting so much into it again especially with what is going on at the minute. Theres more important things and I cant be arsed with all the jubilation that cunts will come out with. 

Seeing drug cheat cunts like Rio snaggletooth Ferdinand come out with shit just enraged me. The man is pure scum and was off banging birds when his wife was dying of cancer.

Infact I'm seriously considering fucking it off either way as the current situation has really opened my eyes to more important things. 

I live and breath Liverpool and have done all my life. 

• Upvote 4

On 24/03/2020 at 19:41, Arnaud said:

More and more people are advocating a season until November, then adjust the fixtures for the next two years to fit the 2022 WC.

It makes sense, except if does not fit your agenda.

I've been saying that since they halted football. It seems simple to me and after the WC 2022, do a 19 game season in all the places we normally do pre-season and they'll make as much money as they would normally with a 38 game season then from August 2022. 

• Upvote 1

If it's safe to start a new season. It's safe to finish this one first. Those at the bottom of leagues earnt their positions, wanting it voided is just so they can have a second bite of the Apple they are trying to profiteer from the pandemic. Those at the top are where they are because they've earned it too. The only second chances should come from playing the remaining games and earning the results. 9 games that's all!  get it done when it's safe to do so.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If it's safe to start a new season. It's safe to finish this one first. Those at the bottom of leagues earnt their positions, wanting it voided is just so they can have a second bite of the Apple they are trying to profiteer from the pandemic. Those at the top are where they are because they've earned it too. The only second chances should come from playing the remaining games and earning the results. 9 games that's all!  get it done when it's safe to do so.

Too many mancs and bluenoses seem to be unaware of this concept! Wonder why?

The champions league qualification rounds are due to start in July. We have Euro 2021 next June, the ACON in January (which won't happen imo), the world cup in December 2022. This is not something the PL can solve on its own, the interests of West Ham will be a million miles from the thoughts of those that matter, most of whom will never have heard of West Ham. A 3 year plan looks like the most sensible way of getting things back on track.

• Upvote 1