Quantcast
Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00 - Page 28 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Atletico Madrid (A) Champions League 18/2/20. 20:00

They are shite, too bad we fucked up our game.

Conceding a goal in that manner vs that team is so unreal, at the second minute.

It was wise to take out Mané who would have been targeted all the time.

The second leg will be toxic, but Mané and Salah will be up to, two goals each , we will win 5-3.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Snide cheating cunts and a shit gullible ref - not a good mix.

I stand by this.

Give us a half-decent ref who sees through their shit and we'll wipe the fucking floor with these bitches at Anfield. 

• Upvote 1

It is great for the public here at Madrid to see us . They must have been wondering what this team everyone is talking about are all about and now they've seen. We were wonderful.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ronnie Whelan said:

Thank god we can't get Anthony Taylor.

TBF, that bald cunt tonight was his Polish equivalent and probably worse. 

Refereeing and shitehousing oppositipn aside, we were poor.

Their tactic of attacking hard early unsettled us and paid off quick.

I've no complaints about the actual result.

Hopefully we show the shithouses what's what at home.

2 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

Ha! Fair enough mate.

Reckon Klopp will definitely rest a few, especially if we beat WH and Watford before that game. The title is as good as in the bag. I'd love for us to go unbeaten but you don't get a trophy for that, CL has to take priority if we are still 22/25 or more points ahead. 

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Reckon Klopp will definitely rest a few, especially if we beat WH and Watford before that game. The title is as good as in the bag. I'd love for us to go unbeaten but you don't get a trophy for that, CL has to take priority if we are still 22/25 or more points ahead. 

id onlhy favour resting players in league games if the league is already won.

I just couldnt take any chance what so ever with it. 

Second leg with these cunts. Hit them hard, hit them quick and they'll fold. 

After an annoying and dispiriting game like that, I’ve always listened more intently than ever to the manager’s immediate post-match interview.

As ever with Klopp, note perfect and left with not a single doubt that we - and the game - will be a totally different animal in the second leg. Controlled irritation from the manager used as the most potent of fuel for fans and players.

Who knows which way the result will ultimately go, but they’ll have to do more than just repeat that to put us out, I’m sure.

• Upvote 4

Thought Robbo, Bobby and Gomez were good tonight, Alisson was also good. VVD moderate by his standards and the rest were all a bit Meh. 

The break did us no Favour on a short term basis, the last two games we were poor. It would give us the edge later, hope we manage to go pass these freaks 

1 minute ago, Arnaud said:

The break did us no Favour on a short term basis, the last two games we were poor. It would give us the edge later, hope we manage to go pass these freaks 

Yeah this, in 3 weeks we should be a totally different prospect to play against

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pistonbroke said:

Thought Robbo, Bobby and Gomez were good tonight, Alisson was also good. VVD moderate by his standards and the rest were all a bit Meh. 

I'd agree with that.

The old saying is "goals change games" and that fluke goal certainly changed that one. What an awful side they must be to support - people go on about how brilliant Simeone is but he's like Mourinho squared. Pragmatic to a degree that just sucks the fun out of football.

I suppose fans only really care about results but it is so much more satisfying to get those results without resorting to time-wasting and diving and kicking out and surrounding the referee all from 10 minutes in. So glad we have Jurgen in charge!

Plus I think we'll do them in the return leg anyway.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I'd agree with that.

The old saying is "goals change games" and that fluke goal certainly changed that one. What an awful side they must be to support - people go on about how brilliant Simeone is but he's like Mourinho squared. Pragmatic to a degree that just sucks the fun out of football.

I suppose fans only really care about results but it is so much more satisfying to get those results without resorting to time-wasting and diving and kicking out and surrounding the referee all from 10 minutes in. So glad we have Jurgen in charge!

That game was always going that way regardless.  It’s how they’ve played since that shithouse turned up.

if Mo could control a ball more than 50% of the time he had an open goal.

7 minutes ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I'd agree with that.

As a pure spectacle in terms of aesthetics, terrible.

As an atmosphere, the opposite I imagine.

Fans love that sort of passion and tribalism.

Des: Jurgen will you be as animated as Simeone? Trying to work up the crowd. 
Jurgen: I won’t need to.  Our people will be there. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

190940550-arsenal27s-french-manager-arsene-wenger-holds-a-trophy-he-was-presented-with-after-the-matc.jpg

15 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

They are shite, too bad we fucked up our game.

Conceding a goal in that manner vs that team is so unreal, at the second minute.

It was wise to take out Mané who would have been targeted all the time.

The second leg will be toxic, but Mané and Salah will be up to, two goals each , we will win 5-3.

No way will they score 3.

30 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Minamino for Mane. Origi is routinely awful wide left.

And having not brought him on, if we need a goal surely he comes on later. He can run with the ball, pass it forwards, etc.

The last two subs made sense if we were happy with losing 1-0.

We’ve barely seen Minamino, though. He’s still settling, his performances have been mixed and he was never going to feature tonight. I think the subs were more about going with experience than being happy with the result. 

They got that early goal from some dreadful defending and they played like demonic shitehouses for the rest of the game with the crowd behind them. Add in a crap ref and some shabby performances from a few of our players then its no shock. Key is we didn't leak any further goals.  Tie is still well within our grasp.