You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

I pointed out that when he doesn’t have the personnel, Klopp finds solutions.

I then list several solutions Klopp has come with, which French Eye Glass said nobody is disagreeing with. 

In the next post, I found you disagreeing with the solutions Klopp has come up with.

Is it ideal players playing out of position? Clearly not. Is it sometimes necessary in football? Yes. Ideally would this happen often? No. Has Klopp made the absolute best of the hand he’s got? Clearly.

I don’t think it’s me who should be questioning their own thoughts & views.

As I've said i didn't disagree with JK doing it I disagreed with him HAVING to do it.

A while back I seen a stat that we at 2ppg without Trent.   Hardly surprising when weve had to play a centre back whose woeful at right back and bring in the useless Lovren. 

Then again some people would have led you to believe that the man who was only good enough to find a club in the Russian league was actually ever good enough for us. 

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Well why are we arguing? My beef aint with Jurgen being creative, he's doing his job the best he can. My point is he shouldn't have to do that.

And I’ve said, very, very clearly earlier this evening, I would like additional personnel in the positions we are light in (up front, left back & now centre back) but if we don’t get what we want / need, then I have trust / faith / benefit of doubt in Klopp, that he’ll make it work.

Every club, in the history of football ever have had to make allowances / played people out of position.

Fuck me, reiterating the same post multiple times all evening is exhausting. I don’t know how the doom-mongers have the energy.

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

The assumption is we should have someone who can come in and perform that role, yes.

Please don't say this is the bestest 11 ever and no one could possibly come in.

I've not - but the players you mentioned in the 180 minutes you have decided to comment on performed that role.

In fact one performed the trick on the other side for a full year - at the highest level.

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

He played there like once, ffs, it's irrelevant. Why are you fixated on that? 

Because it contributed to is dropping points that cost us. Remember Mane going to AFCON when we first signed him and we didn't buy a backup? We were in the League Cup semis at the time and the FA Cup and doing ok in the league and we just tumbled off a cliff. By the end of his AFCON we were out of both cups and struggling in the league.

Its that type of situation which should be easily avoided for a top 4 Club and one of the top Clubs in the world.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

I've not - but the players you mentioned in the 180 minutes you have decided to comment on performed that role.

In fact one performed the trick on the other side for a full year - at the highest level.

Yup he did, but that was when he could. He can't do it anymore, it was a one off.

2 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

And I’ve said, very, very clearly earlier this evening, I would like additional personnel in the positions we are light in (up front, left back & now centre back) but if we don’t get what we want / need, then I have trust / faith / benefit of doubt in Klopp, that he’ll make it work.

Every club, in the history of football ever have had to make allowances / played people out of position.

So why are we arguing? crazy.

4 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Because it contributed to is dropping points that cost us. Remember Mane going to AFCON when we first signed him and we didn't buy a backup? We were in the League Cup semis at the time and the FA Cup and doing ok in the league and we just tumbled off a cliff. By the end of his AFCON we were out of both cups and struggling in the league.

Its that type of situation which should be easily avoided for a top 4 Club and one of the top Clubs in the world.

So we should have paid money for a player in January to replace Mane, who would have been back a couple weeks later, so we could progress in the league cup. Good thing you don't run a football club. 

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

So we should have paid money for a player in January to replace Mane, who would have been back a couple weeks later, so we could progress in the league cup. Good thing you don't run a football club. 

We should have more options around the team when we are in multiple competitions.

Ok in your opinion if one of the front three get a bad injury next term and it keeps them out for a long spell, what would you do? Mane or Salah for example

1 minute ago, BeefStroganoff said:

We should have more options around the team when we are in multiple competitions.

Ok in your opinion if one of the front three get a bad injury next term and it keeps them out for a long spell, what would you do? Mane or Salah for example

Is this supposed to be a "gotcha" moment? I'd buy a forward this summer, obviously. Anyone would. But if circumstances make it so that we can't, we'd probably be fine as we have been the last couple years. 

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

Is this supposed to be a "gotcha" moment? I'd buy a forward this summer, obviously. Anyone would. But if circumstances make it so that we can't, we'd probably be fine as we have been the last couple years. 

No not a gotcha at all a genuine question. It means Jurgen has to play Ox wide for a run or Origi wide, both who are generally ineffective in that role. less said about Minamino there the better the guy has no pace.

I think what we all can agree is we need another forward. I don’t think the back-up players good enough. I also feel like Bobby has slacked off a bit as a result. I don’t see us getting away with him scoring one goal at home all season next year. Perhaps Callum Wilson. Knows where the goal is. Experienced in the league. 

2 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Against West Ham? Mate he was finished as a fullback then. He played there against Palace and got absolutely mauled.

We won that game didn't we?

Trent missed what 10 games that season and you have decided that two draws where the RB had nothing to do with it are a conversation.

It is ok to say you want the owners to pony up money - its even ok to say it should be theirs (not sure everyone believes that) but it is ok. Don't make up daft conclusions to try to "support" that. It's silly.

Lets be honest - within the club, only an idiot would recognize Alexander-Arnolds potential at that time and suggest we needed to buy a RB, especially a good one.

Just now, TheHowieLama said:

Trent missed what 10 games that season and you have decided that two draws where the RB had nothing to do with it are a conversation.

It is ok to say you want the owners to pony up money - its even ok to say it should be theirs (not sure everyone believes that) but it is ok. Don't make up daft conclusions to try to "support" that. It's silly.

Lets be honest - within the club, only an idiot would recognize Alexander-Arnolds potential at that time and suggest we needed to buy a RB, especially a good one.

Ok well if you don't want to acknowledge it. What i remember is the crowd shitting themselves in that game, being scored past three times and Milner having a mare before being sent off.

2 minutes ago, aRdja said:

I think what we all can agree is we need another forward. I don’t think the back-up players good enough. I also feel like Bobby has slacked off a bit as a result. I don’t see us getting away with him scoring one goal at home all season next year. Perhaps Callum Wilson. Knows where the goal is. Experienced in the league. 

Around our money if he's available for £10mill

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Forget Wilson, Josh King has one year left on his deal. Would be absolute utopia. 

2 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

We slipped up during that January with his absence, thats all there is to it.