You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

Captain Turdseye

6 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Listen, for the final time, FSG had nothing to do with the last 12 months. Its all on Jurgen and the players. So stop making out that they've pulled some amazing strategy to get us to win the CL and League. Its all on Jurgen. If you have any doubts about that go and watch the John henry interview from yesterday. Its the Jurgen show.

Nothing to do with the last 12 months? Really? Good to know we could have had the Venky's in charge and still would have won the title and Champions League. 

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Listen, for the final time, FSG had nothing to do with the last 12 months. Its all on Jurgen and the players. So stop making out that they've pulled some amazing strategy to get us to win the CL and League. Its all on Jurgen. If you have any doubts about that go and watch the John henry interview from yesterday. Its the Jurgen show.

“Listen, for the final time......” 

HAHAHAHAHA. I’ve forgot more about our recent history than you’ll ever have known.

I’ve never said anything about FSG. When I say the people in charge, IMO, that means Klopp & Edwards.

And even if I did mean FSG (which I didn’t) thankfully Klopp will still be our manager next season.

Just now, Scott_M said:

“Listen, for the final time......” 

HAHAHAHAHA. I’ve forgot more about our recent history than you’ll ever have known.

I’ve never said anything about FSG. When I say the people in charge, IMO, that means Klopp & Edwards.

And even if I did mean FSG (which I didn’t) thankfully Klopp will still be our manager next season.

Klopp and Edwards are not in charge though, are they?

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

All this Sancho isn't as good as the hype. Fuck sake the lads in his second full season and after 13 goals, 19 assists in his first has just finished his second with 46 games, 20 goals and 18 assists as a winger. 

Who’s said that?

45 minutes ago, an tha said:

Been linked with Sarr again it seems but The Echo have got in there nice and quick to play it down!

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-transfer-news-ismaila-sarr-18709653

"That would place his price-tag at around £30 million at least this year - a figure Liverpool are highly unlikely to match, even if they are interested in him.

As much as Sarr's ability might make it appear to make sense, the numbers that it would take to bring him to Anfield might suggest otherwise"

You just have to laugh!

Jesus Christ my eyes, that looks like a babelfish translation.

"Some people have watched the player who has himself been good, promoting people to like him."

1 minute ago, Scott_M said:

So when we have to come up with solutions, examples of which I’ve posted earlier, who has come up with them?

Not fsg. Theres a difference between strategy and making do. And Jurgen makes do.

Henderson, Fabinho and Gini to name a few have all played out of position in the last two seasons. Shouldn't happen.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

How did it work out?

Well henderson at RB? Dropped a few points to Leicester and West ham, cost us the title. Fabinho at centre half, got dumped out of the FA Cup.

Gini, well he played CB at brighton once when we only had 3 cbs at the club.

The point is we are one of the most famous well revered clubs in the world. We've got partnerships coming out of our arses, prize money, sponsorships, big kit deals, record breaking tv earnings.

An not enough money to buy someone for 30 million

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Unless you’re unsatisfied with the past 12 months (which wouldn’t surprise me) then they do deserve the benefit of the doubt.

I’ve clearly said I think we could do with added depth. I said the same last summer. I’d like better players from the bench. I said the same last summer.

Would I like us to strengthen this summer? Absolutely.

If we don’t, will I cry about it multiple times over multiple threads boring the rest of the forum to tears? No. Although not ideal, I trust the existing staff & players to come up with alternatives from within.

Its not being defeatist or accepting the club line or whatever. It’s that based over the past few years performances / results, I trust us to come up with solutions.

This is the problem. Certain people on here accredit FSG with our achievements in the past 24 months. Other people see those achievements as things Jurgen has accomplished in spite of the restrictions placed upon him by a bunch of tight fisted cunts.

Stop telling people they need to give anybody the benefit of the doubt. The only person we need to do that for is Jurgen, and it's fairly fucking obvious that not investing in the playing squad is not his decision, but one made by his bosses.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Easily, trent is the only one we've brought through in God knows how long.   Now Jones looks like he's got a shot. 

The rest have a much longer list that I can't be arsed going into. 

Bumming up Elliot when he can't get a game ahead of Origi and oxocube playing out of position is just laughable. 

2 hours ago, Grinch said:

Then don't be Bumming him up when he's done fuck all yet, every club have talented 17 year old in theur acwdamies.  

Can everyone just stop bumming Elliot ffs 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

This is the problem. Certain people on here accredit FSG with our achievements in the past 24 months. Other people see those achievements as things Jurgen has accomplished in spite of the restrictions placed upon him by a bunch of tight fisted cunts.

Stop telling people they need to give anybody the benefit of the doubt. The only person we need to do that for is Jurgen, and it's fairly fucking obvious that not investing in the playing squad is not his decision, but one made by his bosses.

Wrecks my head mate. Anyone but Jurgen and people in here would be clambering for these to resign. Their track record before Jurgen arrived was garbage.

A few journos are just now tweeting that United's attempts to sign Sancho might be stalling due to unrealistic demands re: the fee and wages. They suggest that United might walk away and look elsewhere as the deals proposed don't acknowledge the changed market due to Coronavirus. 

It could be a briefed leak though to try and force Dortmund's hand. 

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

I remember one of Klopp’s first quotes (I’m paraphrasing) and it was something like “If I complain about what I don’t have, I forget about what I do have”.

Milner at full back. Lallana to central midfield. Firmino from jack of all trades to master of False-9. Trent from midfield to full back. Hendo from box-to-box to holding midfielder and back again.

Plus the unfancied signings we’ve made in Robertson, Wijnaldum, Shaqiri and a few others.

Citeh might have the better individuals. We have the better team and we’ve showed it. It’s a huge step for Chelsea and the mancs, who were stuttering to even get CL, to become a good a team as we have.

Nobody is arguing with this though? If we end up with no / no considerable player investment once the window closes, then we'll all thank god we have Jurgen to try and make it work.

The point is that we think its unacceptable for Jurgen to be put in that position AGAIN. Because he is a genius but he isn't Fowler. 

Wanting people to wait for us to fail before critically assessing the club's decisions is ridiculous. We've been Liverpool fans our whole lives, why can't we voice our concern and displeasure at the way in which our club (owners) are setting us up for the upcoming season? 

Last year was a miraculous achievement by one of the greatest managers in our history. I'm not a Leicester fan though, and I don't think my club should pin their hat on miracles.

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

A few journos are just now tweeting that United's attempts to sign Sancho might be stalling due to unrealistic demands re: the fee and wages. They suggest that United might walk away and look elsewhere as the deals proposed don't acknowledge the changed market due to Coronavirus. 

It could be a briefed leak though to try and force Dortmund's hand. 

To be honest I don't think anyone is really expecting us to buy Sancho or Havertz, but to look at the weaker areas of the team and pony up.