You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

Just now, Lario said:

Two grown men calling each other out on an Internet forum. 

Fucking hell. 

One grown man calling someone out on an Internet forum and willing to drive 3

hours to do so.  One grown man calling him a fucking fruit loop.  

12 minutes ago, littletedwest said:

Shit house

Listen, if you can engineer a mutated coronavirus in your garage in under 3 weeks in order to get out of being chased around Berlin by a one armed man in a wheelchair then, and only then can you comment.  

Erm, what?

Data on the outcome of tens of thousands of tests carried out outside the NHS is ‘disappearing into a data black hole’, making it harder for local organisations to respond to the spread of coronavirus in their area.

An internal NHS update email seen by HSJ, which is meant to tell local organisations how many residents and staff in their areas have tested positive, states that full information is “increasingly becoming unavailable” and cannot be reported “until further notice”.

Instead the reporting is based only on NHS lab tests, which make up less than half of total tests now being carried out, a proportion which is still shrinking further.

Local officials and clinicians told HSJ they need the information for responding to the levels of outbreak in their area — such as focusing containment measures and other services on particular areas — and that it would be needed for track and trace measures. It is also needed for monitoring how many critical staff have tested positive, and what capacity there is for carrying out more tests.

The email, sent at the weekend from a regional NHS incident centre, said: “No new national testing programme data will be reported in this brief from 4 May until further notice. This is due to the NTP testing numbers increasingly becoming unavailable.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/exclusive-test-data-from-commercial-labs-going-into-black-hole/7027619.article?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiWm1ZeE5EVm1PR1UzWlRRMCIsInQiOiI3Ym9xKzBGQVRaMDVqUVJNa3NIQ0hYcEZNUWhDR3pUN3ZpOWJZVEpFbmxrVUJUajdxMkxkRlUxcHNQOG5HV1JCaUdZc2puWHZ1VnRjZVlVbzlSTDRWZ3JkQUFrbnZHTkx2VWFBXC9xWVpaaFJoZ1ptRExPVEYyR2Q4SnRmK0F4czgifQ%3D%3D

1 minute ago, Section_31 said:

Wonder how those tests that were/are getting sent to the USA are coming out ?

Isn't there a time limit that a test has to be done on a sample before it deteriorates to the point it's useless ? 

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

The WHO (not the band) have said the virus might never go away.

They say stuff like that all the time, they said they thought people could get it twice and the Koreans poo pood it. 

Both MERS and SARS fucked off eventually. Saying that I'm getting to the point where I don't care either way.

There's a Square in front of the church here and there was people playing with their kids as if it were a normal day, plus two scumbags on the bench, them cunts a slowly coming back out from whatever hole they inhabit. 

I've heard small pubs might open just before xmas but Wetherspoons etc will open earlier, also she got an email from Betfred saying they're opening at the earliest, the 4th July, double grim but with the likes of the cunts mentioned above maybe longer. 

46 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

They say stuff like that all the time, they said they thought people could get it twice and the Koreans poo pood it. 

Both MERS and SARS fucked off eventually. Saying that I'm getting to the point where I don't care either way.

You do know Covid19 is a SARS virus?

45 minutes ago, skaro said:

When stagecoach travelling is allowed again, at least passengers can feel safe when they are robbed... 

d815efdf5791ae050efcb0d6f54fe1a5-1.jpg

The thing is though, if the passengers are responsible citizens and also wearing masks, how will people be able to tell which ones are the bad guys?

On 13/05/2020 at 02:12, johnsusername said:

Be interesting to see what happens to the next lot of guinea pigs of the Tory experiment (school kids and teachers) when the schools reopen in a couple of weeks. Because you can count on kids to adhere to social distancing rules.  

Kids will be back in school but gyms and barbers will still be closed and footy will still be two weeks off. This all seems very well planned I must say. 

Are the government and wider Conservative party MPs  going to be sending their kids into school? Because no one else should until that lot do, here’s us where the war analogy fits for once. Are they willing to risk their kids lives? Or just happy to let the plebs get on with the risk.

A study published in The Lancet about the effects of SARS-COV2 on children and a thirty fold increase in the rare Kawasaki disease. It’s limited to looking at Bergamo Province in Italy, which is the worst hit, but you have to think parents and teachers should be allowed to consider information like this to make informed decisions about how they approach school returns.

https://www.thelancet.com/action/showPdf?pii=S0140-6736(20)31103-X

If I could do a Thanos and click my fingers to make a section of society disappear it would have to be the people who generally get the most green arrows on the daily mail. Horrible. I'm banned from commenting but I'm banning myself from ever even looking at the site now. I know we shouldn't live in an echo chamber but it's too depressing to see some mindsets. It's the mindset of say a young woman being raped and they would say well don't wear provocative clothing then. The person with the power who does wrong is always made excuses for and the victim is denigrated. Horrible shitty paper used as a magnifying glass on society by callous cruel people.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

If I could do a Thanos and click my fingers to make a section of society disappear it would have to be the people who generally get the most green arrows on the daily mail. Horrible. I'm banned from commenting but I'm banning myself from ever even looking at the site now. I know we shouldn't live in an echo chamber but it's too depressing to see some mindsets. It's the mindset of say a young woman being raped and they would say well don't wear provocative clothing then. The person with the power who does wrong is always made excuses for and the victim is denigrated. Horrible shitty paper used as a magnifying glass on society by callous cruel people.

Just read DM Reporter on Twitter, there's nothing of value on the Mail site at all.

https://twitter.com/DMreporter