You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

moof

9 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

For the treatment of our fans in last seasons CL final and the scum cunt gangs targeting our fans i hope England fucking hammer them. 

Lets not forget the shit we get from English fans every fucking game for something that happened 37 years ago 

• Upvote 2

The tourament has provided quite a few shocks & drama so far but the actual quality imo has been poor.   It has so far led to 4 pretty predictable & one sided knock out games.  TBH i'm hoping for much of the same in the remaining 4 games as that would at least provide a decent QF line up & lets be honest when any real competition really gets going.

BTW Bellingham is defo signing for us provided we qualify for CL footy next season. He still might if we don't but I won't be quite as confident.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Bellingham seems to have come a long way since he was deemed not that special by half this forum; While others were saying he's brilliant and the most wanted (gettable) young footballer in the world who would be way beyond FSGs ambitions.

Deserves a thread of his own tbf. 

I can't justify paying over £100m for anyone.  Sure, he's 'worth' it, but buying one player with a whole summer kitty won't solve the issues we have.  

I'd do a player exchange with Dortmund, but we'd be looking at losing someone we'd miss, like Jota.   

I love Bellingham, he's fantastic, but we have to be realistic about the growing urgency to find another 3 midfielders in the next 12 months.  Especially when we know we won't generate big fees for Keita, Chamberlain, Thiago, Jones, Milner.  I'd sell Nunez if it meant we could get Bellingham.

7 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I can only see France fucking them to be honest fella. Spain are the ones I reckon. If not France. 

Can you imagine if Portugal beat them through a Ronaldo dive in a semi final or the rag Tory papers in the lead up to an England-Argentina final going on about the Falklands only to lose to a spot of Argie cheating.

Would be hillarious to see - even if I would feel bad for the folk on here who do care about England and I wouldn't mind a Southgate Bank Holiday every year in the days before Christmas. Have to admit to being delighted for Hendo as well.

Think Bellingham is going to come here. He seems very close to Trent and Hendo. Just a gut feeling I have.

Just pay the money and get Bellingham in, never has anyone looked like the exact player we need more than him. Plays beautifully with Hendo too.

I actually think that England midfield of rice hendo and Bellingham might tip the balance in England's favour v the French 

11 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

For the treatment of our fans in last seasons CL final and the scum cunt gangs targeting our fans i hope England fucking hammer them. 

Completely agree. I can’t see how anybody who was in Paris would feel differently. 

2 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Despite not winning a major tournament since 1966 England are the 'Masters of tournament football' according to the UK press who have never been known to overplay their hand before.

I snorted in derision at that article as well. 

13 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Despite not winning a major tournament since 1966 England are the 'Masters of tournament football' according to the UK press who have never been known to overplay their hand before.

One of the main reasons I can't be arsed with the England team. 

They only decentish team out of the four games was the USA and they stunk the place out and got booed off.

It's all very 'doesn't have to win things to be a winner'

I reckon the way the tournament is being played mid-season with next to know preparation time does Southgate a lot of favours. 

No chance for teams to practice any fancy attacking patterns, just keep it tight defensively and take your chances when they come. The England team has enough individual quality to at least get the basics right. 

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

One of the main reasons I can't be arsed with the England team. 

They only decentish team out of the four games was the USA and they stunk the place out and got booed off.

It's all very 'doesn't have to win things to be a winner'

Worth nothing Bellingham was anonymous in that game and got subbed off.