You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Mandalorian

Sugar Ape

1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

There was a point to the Jawa's and the egg though - didn't he need their help to fix his ship? It moved the story along and got a great et piece out of it.

The set pieces so far seem to have no purpose or story development. Only episode 2 has actually offered anything so far. It might all tie back together come the end, it doesn't feel like it at the moment.

They were constantly fixing the ship, Jawa's took parts gave them back and helped fix it, Kuill fixed it at least twice, Pelli Moto has fixed it, provided parts for it and built a new one, the Mimbanese workers on Trask fixed it in the episode where he first meets Bo Katan.

It only moves the story on as a convenience.

The first few episodes of this season are fairly standard in that regard while threading the lore of Mandalore and re-establishing Bo Katan's connection to Mandalorian culture  (plus whatever they're going to do with the Mythosaur), we're also getting the foundling/youngling comparisons.

Season 2 for example started with a Krayt Dragon monster quest, then you had the Frog lady and Ice Spiders monster quest, then a Mandalorian heavy heist\fetch quest episode with Bo Katan and the Death Watch, then a Cara Dune lets go blow up a thing episode. 

It wasn't until Episode 5 when Ashoka showed up that things started clipping along.

I'm not defending it because I think it's been good, I just think it's been the Mandalorian, people remember the big episodes but forget the mundane episodes that have been in the early parts of every season.

19 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

They were constantly fixing the ship, Jawa's took parts gave them back and helped fix it, Kuill fixed it at least twice, Pelli Moto has fixed it, provided parts for it and built a new one, the Mimbanese workers on Trask fixed it in the episode where he first meets Bo Katan.

It only moves the story on as a convenience.

The first few episodes of this season are fairly standard in that regard while threading the lore of Mandalore and re-establishing Bo Katan's connection to Mandalorian culture  (plus whatever they're going to do with the Mythosaur), we're also getting the foundling/youngling comparisons.

Season 2 for example started with a Krayt Dragon monster quest, then you had the Frog lady and Ice Spiders monster quest, then a Mandalorian heavy heist\fetch quest episode with Bo Katan and the Death Watch, then a Cara Dune lets go blow up a thing episode. 

It wasn't until Episode 5 when Ashoka showed up that things started clipping along.

I'm not defending it because I think it's been good, I just think it's been the Mandalorian, people remember the big episodes but forget the mundane episodes that have been in the early parts of every season.

I still disagree!

The hairy rhino was to fix the ship and show a glimpse of Grogu's powers.

The Krayt dragon was to bring Boba Fett back into the story.

There is an episode in the 1st season that offers nothing. I agree that frog lady and the ice spiders, that added nothing.

My beef so far is the story hasn't moved on at all. Mando is redeemed, Bo Katan is becoming a bit more of a Mandalorian. It's not needed 4 episodes of nothing to establish this.

Anyway, we'll agree to disagree on this. Hopefully it picks up.

11 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Some of you cunts take it far too seriously. 

Rude.

Ignoring its Star Wars, ultimately TD_LFC & I are discussing the plot pacing of a TV show - something that has been done to death discussing Game Of Thrones, Last Of Us etc etc etc. 

We both agree the action is good but there are throwaway episodes. I feel there has been more this season than previous, he disagrees. 

29 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Rude.

Ignoring its Star Wars, ultimately TD_LFC & I are discussing the plot pacing of a TV show - something that has been done to death discussing Game Of Thrones, Last Of Us etc etc etc. 

We both agree the action is good but there are throwaway episodes. I feel there has been more this season than previous, he disagrees. 

I don't see much difference between this season and the rest. We all know that the pace, and therefore quality, will pick up as it goes. I just wouldn't be pissing my pants over it. 

BTW - I meant cunts in an affectionate way. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

It's boring, it's poorly written, it's childish, it's shite and it's Appolo Creed's vanity project.

Typical Star Wars.

How odd. You clearly don’t like Star Wars yet you’re watching a Star Wars show and not enjoying it.    I’d go the pub instead.  

A better episode this week.

The other 2 series have been miles better so far though. The action has been good, the story is very weak.

Hopefully the return of Moff Gideon and the eventual show down with Bo Kayan end the series on a high. 

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

I'd be shocked if you don't see the introduction of Sabine in this season as a lead in to Ashoka, it's already been Rebels reference heavy with the Whales appearing a few episodes back and  and Zeb appearing in this episode.

Well as Bo Katan is off to find other Mando's I'd guess Sabine would be first on her list given there interactions in Rebels. 

5 hours ago, Skidfingers McGonical said:

She’s looking for Ezra. And he asked her to stay quiet until He returned.

Last thing we need it that hot air balloon headed gimp with a cameo singing Green, Green Grass.

On 29/03/2023 at 14:38, Skidfingers McGonical said:

Stop watching it then. 

Jeezzzzuuuussss!!!

No, I'm pot committed.

Anyway, this week's episode, the one with the dodgy droids, just terrible again. The Mandalorian bird without the helmet, she is an awful fucking actress. Her name should be Bo-Cardboard.

Likkle Grogu is an annoying likkle prick, the action is poor, the script laughable, is like going to pick my son up from the school disco and him telling me how it's the greatest thing ever and how I wouldn't understand.

Daft little cunt.

One of the better episodes.

3/10

1 hour ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

No, I'm pot committed.

Anyway, this week's episode, the one with the dodgy droids, just terrible again. The Mandalorian bird without the helmet, she is an awful fucking actress. Her name should be Bo-Cardboard.

Likkle Grogu is an annoying likkle prick, the action is poor, the script laughable, is like going to pick my son up from the school disco and him telling me how it's the greatest thing ever and how I wouldn't understand.

Daft little cunt.

One of the better episodes.

3/10

I can only come to the conclusion you’re either a massive masochist for continuing to watch a show you clearly don’t care for or a bit of a knob. 

However I do agree that this week’s episode was a bit of a mess and a long way round to get to a certain point.   

1 hour ago, Pete said:

I can only come to the conclusion you’re either a massive masochist for continuing to watch a show you clearly don’t care for or a bit of a knob. 

However I do agree that this week’s episode was a bit of a mess and a long way round to get to a certain point.   

A little from column A...