You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (H) Boxing Day

Bjornebye

I can see us making a few changes for this with the Arsenal and City games in mind.

Would start Clyne at right back if TAA isn't 100% and have a midfield three of Henderson, Wijnaldum and Shaqiri and then rest at least one of the front three, possibly Salah? 

Incredible to think that if we win this we will be on 51 points at the half way point of the season!

4 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

If start Clyne as well. Not a fan of Millie at RB. 

I'd start Clyne if TAA isnt fit and have Milner in the middle over Henderson. 

Allison

Clyne Lovren VVD Robbo

Milner Fabinho Gini

Mo      Bobby      Shaqiri 

I'd concoct any kind of formation that allows us to give VvD and our other top players a rest. VvD's played every single CL and PL game and Newcastle are coming here to defend anyways. This would be the time to do it with Arsenal and City coming up. Klopp won't do it, but I'm afraid of a VvD or Salah injury. They just play so much and have so much on their shoulders right now. 

Something like this with Salah to come on if we need him:

Firmino

Mane                           Shaqiri

Moreno                         Henderson                    Milner                  Clyne

Wijnaldum                        Lovren                   Fabinho

Alisson

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I'd concoct any kind of formation that allows us to give VvD and our other top players a rest. VvD's played every single CL and PL game and Newcastle are coming here to defend anyways. This would be the time to do it with Arsenal and City coming up. Klopp won't do it, but I'm afraid of a VvD or Salah injury. They just play so much and have so much on their shoulders right now. 

Something like this with Salah to come on if we need him:

Firmino

Mane                           Shaqiri

Moreno                         Henderson                    Milner                  Clyne

Wijnaldum                        Lovren                   Fabinho

Alisson

That would possibly be the best way of losing to Newcastle.

Let's cut down the goal difference with City. Go all out attacking. 

Alisson 

TAA/Clyne   Lovren    VVD   Robertson

Fabinho      Keita

Salah              Shaqiri            Mane

Sturridge 

Then back to our normal 11 against Arsenal. 

• Upvote 1