You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

36 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

What’s going on with Fulham? I can’t get my head round it.

I think Maguire has fucked up his spreadsheet. Fulham's wages were 90m on a turnover of 186m. 

His wages to turnover are at 126% for 22/23. Which clearly doesn't make sense. But the year before Fulham were in the championship and their turnover was 72m. Which interestingly would make 126%. 

I'm guessing if that's wrong, it won't be the only thing, it's just what jumps off the page. In fact sicking with Fulham, their figures for match day and broadcast are also wrong, it seems impossible they would only be 51m broadcast when the rest of the league is over 100m+. 

9 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I think Maguire has fucked up his spreadsheet. Fulham's wages were 90m on a turnover of 186m. 

His wages to turnover are at 126% for 22/23. Which clearly doesn't make sense. But the year before Fulham were in the championship and their turnover was 72m. Which interestingly would make 126%. 

I'm guessing if that's wrong, it won't be the only thing, it's just what jumps off the page. In fact sicking with Fulham, their figures for match day and broadcast are also wrong, it seems impossible they would only be 51m broadcast when the rest of the league is over 100m+. 

Yeah that must be it. He’s fucked some of it up.

11 hours ago, Ron B said:

Easily? 

You're probably looking at around 50 million each (one might be slightly higher one slightly lower but I'd be surprised if they didn't get around 100 million for the pair in a normal market.

They've both got Premier league data behind them now which counts for a lot and with arsenal sniffing around Onana and Utd around Branthwaite you can make them pay.

If they end up in administration first then they'll both go for pennies on the pound.

1 hour ago, TD_LFC said:

You're probably looking at around 50 million each (one might be slightly higher one slightly lower but I'd be surprised if they didn't get around 100 million for the pair in a normal market.

They've both got Premier league data behind them now which counts for a lot and with arsenal sniffing around Onana and Utd around Branthwaite you can make them pay.

If they end up in administration first then they'll both go for pennies on the pound.

You could conceivably get £100m for the pair, but to say they’ll do so easily seems like a leap of faith.

Everton have to sell, and everyone knows it. They also need as much cash up front as possible - which buying clubs will know even if their recruitment teams are as bad as, well, Everton’s. £35m, in one lump sum, may trump £50m over five years. 

There are four teams who you’d usually count on to inflate the market. Newcastle will not be spending big this summer, Chelsea likewise, who knows what will be going on at Old Trafford or who will be making the decisions, and I can’t see City going for either player. The Bloos’ options shrink from that point onwards.

£100m isn’t inconceivable, but if that’s the sort of sum they’re relying on - and it very well might be - then several more players have to go too. 

1 hour ago, aws said:

Probably fell off the back of someone’s wrist when his hand was chopped off.  

"Put his hand in a barrell full of severed limbs and came out wearing a million pound watch"

images (1).jpeg

City group lose £112m, despite man city supposedly making a profit of 80m. So that's 200m lost by all the teams who turn over less than 200m in total. Or in otherwords a load of city's costs are inside the group. Fucking cheats. 

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/city-football-group-financial-report-manchester-city-2023/#:~:text=City Football Group (CFG) recorded,million (US%241.1 billion).

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Goldbridge absolutely nails the cheats here:

People don't want to have the conversation for lots of reasons. It's obvious why city don't. The PL & Sky don't want it tainting the last dozen years. Fans of neutral clubs think it's fucking ace because it's not one of the traditional big boys. Loads of people don't want to think about any of those off field things, they just want to watch football. And most English people don't want to believe there could be cheats in English football. 

Which generally leaves the people who it directly impacts. So us and goldbridges team. Arsenal fans didn't give 2 fucks till it impacted them. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

People don't want to have the conversation for lots of reasons. It's obvious why city don't. The PL & Sky don't want it tainting the last dozen years. Fans of neutral clubs think it's fucking ace because it's not one of the traditional big boys. Loads of people don't want to think about any of those off field things, they just want to watch football. And most English people don't want to believe there could be cheats in English football. 

Which generally leaves the people who it directly impacts. So us and goldbridges team. Arsenal fans didn't give 2 fucks till it impacted them. 

Those three affected clubs are more than big enough to form a major and hugely influential lobbying alliance. Don’t understand why they’re not liaising at CEO level on it. 

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Those three affected clubs are more than big enough to form a major and hugely influential lobbying alliance. Don’t understand why they’re not liaising at CEO level on it. 

I am 100% sure they are. But any rules to solve this problem in the CL need a 2/3 majority on voting. And then if the rules are enforced city will just spend tens of millions and on lawyers keeping the PL in court to delay any punishment and attempt to find loopholes. I think both uefa and the PL for example both have rules relating to value of deals from related companies. It cannot be possible city make more commercially than real Madrid. But they do, which means the deals must be crooked. Yet nobody does anything because they know it's unlikely to ever be punished. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, halewood pete said:

Fred done of betfred just been on twitter to say he's paying out now on city as premier winners.

Hes offering 7/1for Liverpool,and 5/1 for Arsenal.

Another Bald manc cunt 

• Upvote 2