You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

AngryOfTuebrook

Monaco will be looking for the near 90 mill Arsenal were prepared to cough up late in the last window if not more. I do not get this thinking by some people that you have to spend every penny and more of your income. that has never been Liverpools way.

I have no problem with the clubs spending wisely.

There's plenty of players we could get that are as good or potentially better options than Lemar.

Manuel Veth

Looks like judgement day over Paris Saint-Germain's spendings will be April 20. UEFA wants to discuss breaches of Financial Fair Play. Punishments could include, at the very least, a reduction of the squad and #PSG might be force to generage €75m through transfers.

I'm not saying that it looks like PSG might sell us a key player, a player I have practically drooled over on here on multiple occasions. But I am not NOT saying it.

Consider the following clues:

- PSG need to generate 75m euro just to break even for FFP. If they want to buy anyone, they need more.

- They're not selling Neymar or Mbappe. 

- That leaves Ben Arfa (minimal cash), Pastore (not minimal but not getting anywhere near 75m), Cavani (the wild card, if they found the right buyer for him they could get some serious money but could they find the right club?), Draxler (probably going to go, will raise over half of what they need) and Rabiot.

- So why would they sell Rabiot? They don't seem 100% convinced by him, especially as they have Verratti. He's down to the last year of his deal and hasn't shown any interest in signing a new one. And he'd bring in at least 40-50m euro, which combined with Draxler's sale would give them at least something to spend this summer, even if it won't compare to past summers.

- And why would he come here? Well, he has said he's "unsure" if he'll stay at PSG beyond this summer, expressed interest in coming to England, and back in October he specifically mentioned Liverpool as a club he'd like to move to. Plus he posted the other night a picture of Anfield before the City game with hearts on the eyes.

Add it all together and I think it spells Rabiot to LFC this summer for 50m euro or so. Either that or a heartbroken NMI crying into his beer.

• Upvote 2

They don't sell their best players. They'll get rid of whoever they think is surplus to requirements. They don't need anyone barre a goalkeeper. We have no chance with Rabiot, sadly.

I don’t know. He keeps mentioning us and apparently we met up with him and his dad a couple of seasons ago but we passed on him at the time. He’s had a go at the quality of the French league too recently so hopefully there’s something on this. I’d love to see him at us. He’d suit us perfectly

I don’t know. He keeps mentioning us and apparently we met up with him and his dad a couple of seasons ago but we passed on him at the time

I didn't realise this but he's only got a year left on his contract in the summer. If he refuses to sign an extension then it could happen this summer. 

I didn't realise this but he's only got a year left on his contract in the summer. If he refuses to sign an extension then it could happen this summer.

Getting beat 1-0 by st etienne with 15 to go so the transfer request might be going in tomorrow

I'm not saying that it looks like PSG might sell us a key player, a player I have practically drooled over on here on multiple occasions. But I am not NOT saying it.

- PSG need to generate 75m euro just to break even for FFP. If they want to buy anyone, they need more.

- That leaves Ben Arfa (minimal cash), Pastore (not minimal but not getting anywhere near 75m), Cavani (the wild card, if they found the right buyer for him they could get some serious money but could they find the right club?), Draxler (probably going to go, will raise over half of what they need) and Rabiot.

- So why would they sell Rabiot? They don't seem 100% convinced by him, especially as they have Verratti. He's down to the last year of his deal and hasn't shown any interest in signing a new one. And he'd bring in at least 40-50m euro, which combined with Draxler's sale would give them at least something to spend this summer, even if it won't compare to past summers.

- And why would he come here? Well, he has said he's "unsure" if he'll stay at PSG beyond this summer, expressed interest in coming to England, and back in October he specifically mentioned Liverpool as a club he'd like to move to. Plus he posted the other night a picture of Anfield before the City game with hearts on the eyes.

Add it all together and I think it spells Rabiot to LFC this summer for 50m euro or so. Either that or a heartbroken NMI crying into his beer.

Put me down for both of them (assuming Draxler convinces Jurgen he has the hunger).

Get ready to be happy:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.joe.co.uk/amp/sport/barca-target-forced-to-delete-shameless-liverpool-fanboy-post-due-to-anger-from-own-fans-171060

• Upvote 1

PSG will never willingly sell Rabiot. He's a talented local kid in a team full of mercenaries. The supporters would lose it if he went.

They might not have a choice. He's free next summer and if they get bummed by FFP they'll need to balance books.