You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Trent Alexander-Arnold

Bjornebye

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44081528

A pretty vanilla interview on the bbc website (maybe from football focus or something) but good to see him starting to get some of this sort of attention. Nothing flash but having to be exposed more to media duties.

Interesting that the talk of England is really picking up too. With Gomez having been ruled out for the rest of the year (who Southgate clearly likes) I can really see Trent scraping into the squad.

Fuck off with that England shite,we want both a technically gifted player and a player with few injury problems. Neither will happen playing for England,it ruins players.

I really don’t get this real negative attitude a lot of members have for the national team. I want to have as many Liverpool players called up to their national sides, that’s the only way I could enjoy international football these days. Cheering our players on.

I really don’t get this real negative attitude a lot of members have for the national team. I want to have as many Liverpool players called up to their national sides, that’s the only way I could enjoy international football these days. Cheering our players on.

Usually not long after being called up they come back tired or injured, it interferes with our season if we're on a good winning streak it's usually broken in the game after international breaks.

Usually not long after being called up they come back tired or injured, it interferes with our season if we're on a good winning streak it's usually broken in the game after international breaks.

We’re never gonna get rid of international football tournaments, may as well watch our players in it.

We’re never gonna get rid of international football tournaments, may as well watch our players in it.

True, and I will, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

And its not so much the post season tournaments that do my head in, more the pointless mid-season qualifiers and friendlies.

True, and I will, but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

And its not so much the post season tournaments that do my head in, more the pointless mid-season qualifiers and friendlies.

No one is forcing you to like it. I was questioning the prevalent attitudes around here re Liverpool players getting called up. Would you rather watch international football with or without our players involved?

from a selfish point of view I would rather he had the summer off and came back next year fresh, as good as it would be for his own development there would also be the media circus to go with it. He's still a young Lad with only a few starts under his belt.

I don’t see a negative to it, as long as he doesn’t play. It’ll be a busmans holiday and great experience for him.

I wouldn't support England if our whole squad was selected. Their incompetent managers and croneyism towards London can fuck right off. I hate international football but enjoy major tournaments best when England are not involved or knocked out.They can fuck right off.

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't support England if our whole squad was selected. Their incompetent managers and croneyism towards London can fuck right off. I hate international football but enjoy major tournaments best when England are not involved or knocked out.They can fuck right off.

Their fans are cunts too.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...